• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
I recognise most of the others, but who is this dude? some killer fits
WDYWT210808.jpg

Agreed. This one really stands out. Great fit, cool splashes of color. Thumb rings are dangerous though. There's a reason the ring finger is the ring finger.
wink.gif

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not too many GothNinja/Julius pieces here besides leathers. But to me that is totally OK. My first impressions of that look were from joeyformal and haptronic (SuFu) and they both looked completely ridiculous imo. They really put me off that look.

I would love to hang with LK btw

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is all well and good, but it is skewed towards accessible Americana. Would like to see pics of people killin it in more daring fits. Also some more recent fits would help. I will try to dig some out this weekend or maybe I will just drink instead.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
(how did i make it in)
no offense, but I just liked the colors in the pic. the fit itself wasn't special, just the sort of vibe I got from it...
Originally Posted by Lel
I posted all the non-SF fits, some of which were from SuFU and just too good in general and some of which were in response to a question (the context was lost when I had to re-host a bunch of pictures to imgur, or couldn't quote posts, etc).
Thanks for rehosting those, imageshak is a PITA. This thread needs some more new aesthetics like Snake or Scott.M. Also JKissi should probably make an appearance here at some point. but as for basics for newbs to refer to, I prefer guys like jwied82, kelvinsense, Pink Panster, Stazy, etc as examples. As for explanation of the ones I posted that were rehosted in the OP, I tend to like button ups with sweaters and slim pants and boots, with the occasional Sportscoat thrown in. What interests me about most of those fits are solid color blocks with trim fits. I like the multiple layers and color coordination, or slightly unusual proportions like rolled sleeves, turtlenecks above a SC, or boot tucks, etc. To me those are really the SF 'basic' aesthetic done to their max. Stuff like what SoCal or Fuuma or those guys do is 'fashion' and while inspirational, I don't see it as being a good reference for noobs. I'd rather go more like where sq4you or KelvinSense are at. To me taht's fashiony but still very wearable. just my 2 cents.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
Not too many GothNinja/Julius pieces here besides leathers. But to me that is totally OK. My first impressions of that look were from joeyformal and haptronic (SuFu) and they both looked completely ridiculous imo. They really put me off that look.

i dont like haps fits too much in general, wouldnt really call it gothninja especially these days.. but joeyformal was dope as ****. doesnt he work at geller now?

lol@"GothNinja/Julius"

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
every forum is going to have one big umbrella aesthetic people fall into, this one isn't any different. Although, im not bothered by not enough ninja here, but I do think we need more distinguishable personalities, like scott, snake, kunk, uncontrol, posted imo.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
every forum is going to have one big umbrella aesthetic people fall into, this one isn't any different. Although, im not bothered by not enough ninja here, but I do think we need more distinguishable personalities, like scott, snake, kunk, uncontrol, posted imo.

hmmm yeah i didn't really think about this since i haven't been to other forums, but i guess some posters are pretty similar.

classic mellowfellow:
5098725682_114203c945_z.jpg

classic berlin report:
DSC_0480.jpg

couple of good SQ4you ones
IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_0979.png

snake (there's more but i can't be fucked rehosting them)
102nzvp.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak

Originally Posted by Lane

If you people want more aesthetics then feel free to add them, most of the stuff from the old threads predates a lot of the recent Sf gothninja trends so it's really not surprising that the they are sorely lacking. Most of the thread so far, as stated before, is just re-posting older fits for archive purposes.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted most everything I had saved...My point was that there aren't very many good GN fits, at least IMO and I don't expect everyone to agree

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO the best gothninja fits are on SZ and they already have their own HOF, would feel slightly weird if a bunch of fits of users who are never on SF were crossposted here but I guess I did with that with some SuFu members so meh.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a bad thing if this turned into a general 'post great fits from anywhere' thread

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
hmmm yeah i didn't really think about this since i haven't been to other forums, but i guess some posters are pretty similar.

snake (there's more but i can't be fucked rehosting them)
102nzvp.jpg

What is that jacket? Julius?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics