1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If the Sixers buys out or waives (if they could) Granger because you know, dude might actually cause them to win games, would the Knicks consider him? Him on SF and Melo on PF might be a good combo? Granger seems healthier now and he could probably provide decent minutes for the Knicks though I am not sure how he is defensively these days.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

His mobility is pretty limited. He's nowhere like the same guy he was 2 years ago. Time has ravaged him a bit.

JR Smith is such a douchebag.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Melo and the Knicks keep talking about how they need a second scorer but what they really mean is they need someone who can score whenever Melo decides to give up the ball,but no score so much as to take the spotlight away from Melo (See: Jeremy Lin). granger would make sense in the short term, those two have similar games so not sure how that would play out over a season. Also, the Knicks will still need a starting caliber point guard that can dish the ball to everyone and not give the ball up to Melo immediately. Part of the succes last year was J.Kidd moving the ball away from Melo, getting others involved. The best thing that can happen to the Knicks is that Melo leaves, then they would be forced to do the inevitable (rebuild). That would bring in a new coach, a new system and a reevaluation of the team.

If you follow the Knicks, you would see that Bargnani has not been a bust (just used horribly by Woodson), they had options at PG which they refused to use (T. Murray) even while Felton was crapping out, the SG situation is an issue as Woodson has destroyed Shumpert and will eventually do the same with Hardaway, Chandler is worth more to them as a trade chip than as a player at this point as he hates Woodson's defensive schemes and has been rendered ineffective by them. So while they are busy worrying about resigning Melo, the real issue is who will be coaching the team. If Melo leaves, there are quite a few good players available for less money, where you could still grow your team and have money left over for the '15 free agents. But Dolan has made it obvious that they will break the bank for Melo.

Anyone see the game last night, I lost count how many times Felton wound up guarding Nowitzki (and the same thing at last years playoffs, Knick guards guarding West/George) yet Woodson refuses to change :shrug:

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

It was turrible. The guarding of Carter was also ridiculous. Dude was hitting 3s at will and they kept giving him space.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Who do you guys think the Knicks could sign if Melo doesn't resign? I mean realistically, I know a lot of people wants to play for the Knicks off the market alone but I am not sure who can.

I am thinking about the same predicament with the Lakers, sometimes it seems like it would have been better if Kobe took less money but then again without anyone else committing to join the team (like Lebron, Wade & Bosh agreeing to smaller salaries to join up) then I am not sure anyone would actually take less than what they offered him. After this year, only Nash and Kobe are the only ones locked in but I could see Lakers just moving Nash next year because dude hasn't really played enough and that experiment should have been done a long time ago.

But right now, I can't think of anyone who both teams could sign. Really wish the Pacers bombed this year and long shot but George could have considered the Lakers next year.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Same weight class at least

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

well, if the Knicks look at it as a 2-3 rebuild plan (assuming Melo does not resign), for next year I would not do anything too crazy. Granger, Deng, Stephenson are all on the market and none require Melo money. I don't think any of those guys can carry a team by themselves but I think they make a great piece. A Deng playing small forward with guys like Hardaway, Shumpert, Chandler makes for a nice team that won't be any worse than this years. Then you head into 2015 with a lot of big name free agents and a lot of money. You can trade Chandler for a decent PG or a good defensive big. Then you go all out for a Aldridge or a Love. Aldrige/Love at PF, Deng at SF, Hardaway/Sumpert as your SG will be better team in 2015 then whatever the Knicks will put together at that time if they resign Melo.

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The Knicks are definitely going to sign Lebron.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

NYK just signed Earl Clark, decent wingman I guess. They should go after Jimmer next if they want a shooter to stretch the court that isn't mentally challenged as JR Smith.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

WRONG!

SWAGGY P > ALL

Dude hittin Azalea too for extra swaggy points
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Everyone know A$AP still has that ho wrapped around his finger

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

She's kinda busted tbh.

Also jr smith has twitter pic proof with his lays. If big booty bitches are your thing

I don't remember when a player has been this entertaining.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol:

Man ya'll killing the jokes.

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Jr smith is no joke

1 person likes this.
  17. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

Bitch had the audacity to say she invented twerking.....FOH

18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I wish the mainstream sports media had caught onto #thepipe last year with JR. That shit was hilarious because the Knicks were actually good.

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It would be hard to look like more of a douchebag than this. Jet would have to be the ultimate judge, though.

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^thats the first time i've ever seen swaggy not looking up.

swaggy ALWAYS HAS HEAD TILTED TO THE RIM AND ABOVE because SWAGGY IS GOING TO PULL SOME SWAGGY SHIT and needs laser focus on the RIM AND OR JUMBOTRON TO REVIEW HIGHLIGHTs.