NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Thats what made him such a tough SOB, he relished being the bad guy, having the Knick fans call him Cheryl when he was on the free throw line, even the players like Oakley referred to him as Cheryl and none of that would get him off his game.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

This. The littler Mound of Rebound.

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I always admired Cheryl, even when I hated him. He was tough and quick and played great off-the-ball defense (and was pretty good on the ball as well). And like they said about Chuck Person, he had range. Unlike Person, he also needed no room. When he walked in the gym, he was open, no matter who else was there.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Well, the Allen Iverson 30/30 sucked. It chose to examine his high school trial and the impact on race relations in his community. I have no interest in that. Plus, AI himself refused to be part of the film

I also watched the U of Miami 30/30 and was reminded of how much I hate "the U"

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

+10000
    really liked the one on ol' miss class of '62 though. having lived in the area when that was going on, it was really fascinating to talk to the people now. the one about the kid in chicago that got killed was good, too. and the ben johnson one. nice to see sports documentaries that don't focus on the scores.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

SG starter time!

West:
    CP3
    Kobe
    Durant
    Blake
    Howard

East:
    Rondo
    Wade
    Lebron
    Melo
    Garnett

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

aaargh. lakes almost had 3 of the 5 players. of course, given the way things have gone this year, might not have made a difference.

8. 13k

13k Senior member

Jeremy Lin got more votes than Blake Griffin, still won't make it :lol:

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Makes sense since it's separated by back courts and front courts.

I am glad JLin didn't make it, I'm a fan but getting voted in by China shouldn't count. I mean seriously, getting more votes than Westbrook, Harden, Parker, Curry, etc...

It's enough that he is the city's ASG co-host with Harden.

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i think all 10 guys should be all-stars, but Kyrie Irving deserves to start over both Rondo and Wade. and Howard hasn't been better than Lamarcus Aldridge. and the coaches BETTER put Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Batum, Paul George, Joakim Noah and OJ Mayo on the reserves of their respective conferences. Westbrook prolly has enough star power to be a lock, but the other guys are not household names, which always gets you screwed no matter how deserving you are

11. 13k

13k Senior member

Oh I absolutely agree about the whole J.Lin thing. There are too many deserving guards to make it in over Lin. Its just absurd how NBA voting can be. I'm assuming all the asian moms and dads are putting their votes in as well without actually following the game.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You forgot David Lee, dude deserves it and one of the reasons the Warriors are winning. With Love hurt, it should make some more room for Lee.

I don't think KG deserves to be in the starting 5. Dude is old and it shows, averaging 14/7 in a team that is barely hanging on to a playoff spot doesn't deserve it, at least Rondo has improved his fg% and ft% and had that long 10+ apg streak.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

At least they altered it this year w/o the positions restrictions. The fan voting can't really be removed because it is who the fans want to see.

What I want them to do is to remove the stupid fan voting for the slam dunk competition, such a fucking terrible idea to have the winner be decided by twitter or facebook or whatever. Let the in-person judges decide who wins to avoid someone jumping over the hood of the car from winning it.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i agree about David Lee. but do the W's have enough respect from the coaches to take two reserve spots?

and the slam dunk contest should just get rid of goddamned props. either that or someone should go all out and dunk a flaming basketball, NBA Jam style. boom shakalaka!