• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
Yet you were talking about PAU GASOL who is also a forward.

How thick are you?

I think you need to go to junior college with Jet for reading comprehension...

Where exactly below did I say that Pau is a center? I said Shaq was. Pau plays center when Bynum is hurt, which is, well, most of the time.
smile.gif

I think you should wear a Blair jersey...

Originally Posted by Steve B.
No reasoning with a Laker fan...

The Lakers were the last team to 3-peat. But they had Kobe AND Shaq, when in his prime, one of the top 4 centers ever. (Russell, Kareem, Wilt).

Pau's good, but his game is finesse, not power. Bynum is intimidating- but still a project, and still easily injured. I can't wait for the playoffs. I think the bet should be pics of YOU wearing a Spurs jersey or me wearing a Lakers jersey.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah Celtics and Mav's lost, what a fabulous night.

18 out of 22 games at home for the Dubs, We playoff son!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chi town torched the C's. it was a lot of things though.... Rose rising to the occasion (you can tell rondo and rose hate each other) baby davis just getting owned by boozer (also his poor offensive outing too). there was no real excuse with injuries either, because Chihuahua is out as well as KG (who's known to get on all fours and "cancer bark" from time to time).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** you Lebron for self-proclaiming your dumbass team as The Heat-les. Dude just doesn't know how or when to shut the hell up.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah, the Heat are more like Dr. Dre post-The Chronic album. immensely entertaining duo (Bron/Wade as Dre/Snoop, and Bosh was...Nate Dogg?), and undeniable talent - and you got the sense that you were witnessing something revolutionary but weren't quite sure yet. but the Beatles just rhymes better
tongue.gif
this post written somewhat tongue-in-cheek

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Lakers baby Lakers

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Lakers baby Lakers

Yeah! 4 Straight!!!

And that bench got just a bit shallower

But it is nice to see Bynum show some *****.

Interzone

Reaction score
ROTY, as in rebound of the year

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

It's bizarre, but the Clippers have been far more fun to watch this season than the Lakers.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Yeah! 4 Straight!!!

And that bench got just a bit shallower

But it is nice to see Bynum show some *****.

And the Lakers destroyed a Knicks team that beat the Spurs. Let me guess, you'll defend with "the Spurs beat the Lakers with Blair scoring and rebounding at will" argument.

Seriously though, you keep poking over analyzing on every little Lakers fan post and that escalates the argument. And you say the Lakers fan are the crazy ones?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You know the saying, you can't argue with an idiot b/c they'll just drag you down to their level?

yaaaa
lol8[1].gif

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
chi town torched the C's. it was a lot of things though.... Rose rising to the occasion (you can tell rondo and rose hate each other) baby davis just getting owned by boozer (also his poor offensive outing too). there was no real excuse with injuries either, because Chihuahua is out as well as KG (who's known to get on all fours and "cancer bark" from time to time).

hopefully the calf injury is what it is and KG can return healthy. Davis can't guard for **** and with him lined up Shaq - they're both too slow. Although Davis is going to shatter the record for most offensive charges taken.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So people keep saying that Melo to the Nets is a done deal. Together with Billups and Rip Hamilton. Denver gets Favors, Harris and picks, and the Pistons get cap space

I don't know WTF the Nets are thinking...both Melo and Billups say that they don't want to play for them. So why grenade the team (that admittedly isn't going anywhere) to get them?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
So people keep saying that Melo to the Nets is a done deal. Together with Billups and Rip Hamilton. Denver gets Favors, Harris and picks, and the Pistons get cap space

I don't know WTF the Nets are thinking...both Melo and Billups say that they don't want to play for them. So why grenade the team (that admittedly isn't going anywhere) to get them?

its his only way to have a grandfathered max money extension deal guaranteed going into the CBA. kinda like how KG still had his mega deal in place before the lockout that shortened the season.

he can take his chance and become a unrestricted FA... but then all hell could brake loose and there could be a lockout or worst case whole lost year. the money will be less... either way.

it will be a only 2-3 year grace period and he'll be right back in the NYC area with, lebron, wade, coming off the books so there still is a chance for another superteam formation if the miami experiment doesnt work out... and a guaranteed $65million.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^but he could get the same max extension simply by accepting the nuggets' standing offer, amirite? Plus he would still be on a playoff team. If the nets do the reported trade Melo will be locked in with an old Billups and Rip, no draft picks and no cap room to pursue upcoming FA like Dwight Howard...

If I were Melo I'd see all that and just refuse to sign an extension and sign with the Knicks next year...leaving the Nets high and dry with no Favors, Harris or draft picks. Which brings me to my original point - why would the Nets do this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads