1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Distinguished Member

I think it is safe to say the Lakers covered the -16 against the Cavs tonight.

Cav's 3 on 1 fastbreak and they turn it over. Lulz.

2. embowafa

embowafa Distinguished Member

Cav's 3 on 1 fastbreak and they turn it over. Lulz.
    Haha. Cavs had 57 after 4q....Lakers had 57 after 2q. They could have scored only 1 basket in the entire 2nd half and still won.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

55 points?

[​IMG]

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Any thoughts on the remote possibility of chauncey coming to lakers upon a buyout when he goes to the nets?
    Or the chance that james posey signs with us?

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

i highly doubt it, and the lakers don't need them. i wouldn't sign those guys for peanuts.

if anything, chauncey would sign with the heat IMO. but if he does get bought out, i think he'll do what big Z did and wait it out then sign with his original team. he loves being in denver, he's from there, he wants to stay there.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Again, Lebrons opens his big mouth:

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

It's like his mind really never left high school.

i highly doubt it, and the lakers don't need them. i wouldn't sign those guys for peanuts.

if anything, chauncey would sign with the heat IMO. but if he does get bought out, i think he'll do what big Z did and wait it out then sign with his original team. he loves being in denver, he's from there, he wants to stay there.

Really? Even with how blake and fisher are playing? Billups is still one of denver's premier players and has skills still. Anyways you may be right he'll end up back at denver or go to miami which then will virtually guarantee them to finals.

8. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior Member

Fish has too much cred within the organization to have a reduced role. Even with Blake who is a clear upgrade over Fish, he won't take over the starting job or even get into an even timeshare situation. Fish has his issues, but he's hit enough big shots and made big plays in the playoffs time and time again that I can forgive him in the regular season.

Heat is more in need of a PG than the Lakers. They would be an even scarier team with Billups, but I'm not sure how he'd handle a significantly reduced role and much fewer shots. Like I said my money is on him ending up back in Denver if he does get bought out.

My money is also on 'Melo ending up a Knick THIS SEASON.

9. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, Chauncey wants to be bought out so he can go back to Denver, not sign with the Heat or Lakers. I think he wants/has been promised a front office job once he hangs em up (which is prolly soon)

10. embowafa

I'm starting to think he's retarded.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

no, seriously. ive been suspicious of that since 2009 playoffs against orlando (im sure there were more incidences earlier but i didnt really follow his press conferences) when he had that one press conf after the 2nd game of the series where he made the last second 3-pter to win the game. (which was a desperate shot that went in luckily for them, otherwise they would have been swept)

he says :" yeah..the clock was like faave...foour...dreee...dooo...one...Eeererehgngh!!.. " etc
    all along making strange facial expressions between the numbers and let out a squaking "eereehneng!!" to signify the buzzer, and he was oblivious to the fact that he just obtained a lucky game from a team that they are not able to match up with. he didnt seem to see anything beyond what he just did. i would have thought he would have been able to say " god , lucky shot that went in and we're fortunate for that, but we have to have a handle on this orlando team. we need to make serious adjustments" or something of that nature. but he never talks that way. he's always only seeing 2 inches in front of him and retorts at to what happens 2 inches in front of him.[​IMG]

12. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Distinguished Member

no, seriously. ive been suspicious of that since 2009 playoffs against orlando (im sure there were more incidences earlier but i didnt really follow his press conferences) when he had that one press conf after the 2nd game of the series where he made the last second 3-pter to win the game. (which was a desperate shot that went in luckily for them, otherwise they would have been swept)

he says :" yeah..the clock was like faave...foour...dreee...dooo...one...Eeererehgngh!!.. " etc
    all along making strange facial expressions between the numbers and let out a squaking "eereehneng!!" to signify the buzzer, and he was oblivious to the fact that he just obtained a lucky game from a team that they are not able to match up with. he didnt seem to see anything beyond what he just did. i would have thought he would have been able to say " god , lucky shot that went in and we're fortunate for that, but we have to have a handle on this orlando team. we need to make serious adjustments" or something of that nature. but he never talks that way. he's always only seeing 2 inches in front of him and retorts at to what happens 2 inches in front of him.[​IMG]

he obviously has serious social issues, he was able to hide it in cleveland but once he uttered the phrase "i'm going to take my talents to south beach" he was exposed as being extremely dim

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

he obviously has serious social issues, he was able to hide it in cleveland but once he uttered the phrase "i'm going to take my talents to south beach" he was exposed as being extremely dim

definitely, but give him credit for creating that phrase that has become an iconic catch phrase of 2010 ..people say it all the time now at the office or wherever[​IMG]

14. embowafa

definitely, but give him credit for creating that phrase that has become an iconic catch phrase of 2010 ..people say it all the time now at the office or wherever[​IMG]

Hey guiz...BRB...I'm gonna take my talents to south beach...

[​IMG]

15. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

if you've ever been around a big-time college basketball program, it's a wonder that every player doesn't sound like that. they get recruited regardless of gpa, they take courses in recreation management, they're largely kept sequestered from the rest of the campus, and the usually only spend 2 years to begin with. it's a farce.
    anyway, return to your original programming.