• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
+1, but that du is an idiot

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meh ******* Meh

I was busy all weekend, so I only caught the 4th quarter of OKC-SA on a replay at about 4am. Though OKC seems to have the Spurs figured out and I liked what I saw, don't give up yet, Steve.

I think the Spurs don't have to change offensively, their system is perfect for them. they just can't be discouraged because OKC has made some defensive adjustments to slow it down...they have gotten spoiled with their ball movement getting them easy shots very readily in the first 10 playoff games...they just need to stick with it and not get frustrated. on defense, OKC's offense is easy to figure out - Westbrook, Durant and Harden take turns breaking down the defense and creating - it's just hard to stop their talent no matter how predictable their moves are. if I were Pop and had to pick my poison I'd stay home on Durant and let Westbrook try to beat me - he's the one whose decision-making is more suspect and is more prone to breaking the team concept with hero ball...

+1. OKC just made it interesting, that's all. I'm really looking forward to the next game and I'm still rooting for OKC, but the Spurs are always dangerous. The winner of game 5 takes the series!

moffy

Reaction score
I think the spurs will still win this series. I doubt that OKC will win game 7 at SA, so that means they'd have to win games 5 and 6, which would mean the Spurs would have to lose 4 in a row. I don't see that happening.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

I was busy all weekend, so I only caught the 4th quarter of OKC-SA on a replay at about 4am. Though OKC seems to have the Spurs figured out and I liked what I saw, don't give up yet, Steve.
+1. OKC just made it interesting, that's all. I'm really looking forward to the next game and I'm still rooting for OKC, but the Spurs are always dangerous. The winner of game 5 takes the series!

I think the spurs will still win this series. I doubt that OKC will win game 7 at SA, so that means they'd have to win games 5 and 6, which would mean the Spurs would have to lose 4 in a row. I don't see that happening.
Thanks for the encouragement guys...

And not piling on Jet.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dunno. Spurs look solved to me.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heat had three wide open looks to either go ahead or win it. Battier, Chalmers and Wade all missed good looks and they actually executed in the endgame well for once (except for that horrible Lebron pass to Haslem at the end of regulation - it was the right pass, just badly thrown or deflected).

oh wells, what are you gonna do...

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's more likely OKC wins a game 7 in SA than running the table.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Think we'll see a lot more of Manu. Screw starting Green.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So if OKC wins this, do we see a flood of articles lamenting how the Spurs went from one of the most dominant playoff runs ever (well...you know, through the first 10 games) into a bunch of chokers?

I hate ESPN sometimes.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a prayer for Harden... ughhhh... :plain:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So if OKC wins this, do we see a flood of articles lamenting how the Spurs went from one of the most dominant playoff runs ever (well...you know, through the first 10 games) into a bunch of chokers?
I hate ESPN sometimes.

You're just assuming right now though. I'm not the biggest ESPN fan but you already judging before you even see what they say.

I think the Spurs will get their credit, in the beginning of the season, some were doubting they even make the playoff and to be as dominant as they were was just insane. They got outplayed by a younger and quickly developing team, simple as that.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're just assuming right now though. I'm not the biggest ESPN fan but you already judging before you even see what they say.
I think the Spurs will get their credit, in the beginning of the season, some were doubting they even make the playoff and to be as dominant as they were was just insane. They got outplayed by a younger and quickly developing team, simple as that.

I'm more giving them **** for talking about the Spurs in the context of the greatest playoff runs ever before they had even closed out the conference finals. Everyone wants to crown the new thing, but come on. The Spurs are a very good team, at least wait until the season is over before getting into the historical context.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads