NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Meh Fucking Meh

2. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Sadly, they can't stop the Thunder from scoring nor can they out-rebound them.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Odd, because they could in Games 1 2.

Jackson needs to take Green's spot in the rotation.

Blair needs to take Bonner's.

Splitter should only be on the floor with Timmy, when Ibaka and Perkins are both on the floor. otherwise give him 4 mins for Duncan to rest. He's regressed to last year.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Blair, kind of agree, although he gets exposed on defense due to the jump shooting nature of OKC.

Jackson, naw, you need the bench.

Goddam, Ibaka was a monster tonight.

In general I dont ever recall a playoff series where G12 were as completely opposite as G34. SA looked unbeatable, now OKC does. What a turnaround.

Personally, I believe OKC has this in hand. They have made good adjustments and are defending SA beautifully now. Also, they are rebounding brilliantly.

5. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Spurs came into this series as juggernauts. Now OKC has the momentum with convincing wins. If OKC wins next game, I see them in the finals.

6. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I think Popovich is right in that the Spurs aren't play intense basketball. The Spurs are fouling rather than rotating quicker and they aren't fighting for the rebounds or driving to the basket enough.

Perhaps playing at home will give them better energy. Nevertheless, the Thunder are too quick of a team for the Spurs to be playing sluggish basketball and to expect to win.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

To augment... I suspect SA expended a huge amount of energy to play at OKC's pace in the 1st 2 games. I think they are tired.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think the Spurs don't have to change offensively, their system is perfect for them. they just can't be discouraged because OKC has made some defensive adjustments to slow it down...they have gotten spoiled with their ball movement getting them easy shots very readily in the first 10 playoff games...they just need to stick with it and not get frustrated. on defense, OKC's offense is easy to figure out - Westbrook, Durant and Harden take turns breaking down the defense and creating - it's just hard to stop their talent no matter how predictable their moves are. if I were Pop and had to pick my poison I'd stay home on Durant and let Westbrook try to beat me - he's the one whose decision-making is more suspect and is more prone to breaking the team concept with hero ball.

the Heat also need to make defensive adjustments. Doc and Rondo made one simple adjustment and they started kicking the Heat's ass - - the Heat were switching everything on the pick and roll, so they simply ran early pick and rolls to get a smaller guy switched onto KG, who would just push his way into the paint. it was obvious what they were doing but Spoelstra didn't make any adjustments until it was too late.

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That made a TON of sense. I still would be surprised if OKC or Boston makes it to the finals, although with OKC's young talent it seems they have the better shot.

10. 1969

1969 Senior member

Jesus if OKC could just swap Westbrook for Rondo they'd be unbeatable.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Yup. Thats it right there. Should Westbrook keep the lid on, OKC has this.

I think you are making more out of this than it is. I would be really surprised of Boston won another game. The Heat, while a bunch of bitches, are the more talented team.

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

yes

I sure hope so. With few exceptions, they're also hesitant about their shots, except for Green who's clanking them. Parker's not getting in the lane; they're doubling him and collapsing on him. He needs to have the option of a cutting Duncan. Or, preferably, a 3 point shooter who will MAKE THE SHOT...

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

well, i'm not saying the Heat are sunk or anything like that. just remarking on how a simple offensive adjustment completely changed Boston's ability to compete, and disappointed in how slow the Heat were to adjust. that, plus amp up the energy on defense. i honestly turned off the TV in disgust after this sequence in the early fourth:

Rondo careens into the paint at full speed, with only token resistance. he decides to pass off, gets off balance in the process, and tumbles into the third row
    the dish goes to KG. absolutely no one rotates and he gets an easy dunk
    KG, being the battery operated vaginal implement that he is, blows the dunk
    Rondo gets up, comes in from the third fucking row out of bounds, and grabs an uncontested offensive rebound
    Rondo kicks out to Ray Allen, who goes from three point line to rim unmarked, and flushes it

that plus making their fucking free throws is what has to change. let's see if they get their heads back out of their asses

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The heat may win, but the heads will remain there in perpetuity.

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i don't understand what is happening

some cool commercials, lincoln the vampire slayer and RE:6 lol