NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. moffy

moffy Senior member

well, spurs have dug themselves into a hole. going to be hard to get out of it, but it's possible. not very likely, but possible.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Manu had a great night.

But the real story is that Tony Parker just can't get started. As Parker goes, so go the Spurs.

4. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Glad OKC won. Never was a fan of the Spurs and their constant complaining. My favorite from this game was when Duncan plowed through Collison and sat on the floor in disbelief that he got called for a charge. Another was when Manu hit a 3 in the 4th and was glaring and barking at the ref that he was fouled. Even when plays go their way they still complain about not getting phantom calls.

I am hoping OKC wins it all as I don't like the other 3 remaining teams.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The funniest part is when Manu and Harden guards each other. Every time they collide it seems like a grenade exploded and both just flails to the floor. :lol: They try to out flop each other.

And as much as I hate Lebron, Bosh and to some extent Wade, I really do hate Pierce, Garnett and Rondo much, much more so I am actually cheering for the Heat in the East.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  6. Wade

Wade Senior member

To be honest, the Spurs had it pretty easy the 1st two rounds. They played the 8th seed in the 1st round and then a battered LAC. OKC had tougher opponents both 2 previous rounds.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

when did the spurs turn into the 2004-2006 Suns? so much hope and promise built around perfect offensive execution and streaking defense.

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Just illustrates how little they have to talk about. Was listening to Mike and Mike on the car ride this morn and in between the ENDLESS FUCKING COMMERCIALS, COME THE FUCK ON ALREADY AND PROVIDE CONTENT HOW MANY BILLS CAN YOU POSSIBLE HAVE THAT YOU NEED TO GO TO BREAK EVER 4 FUCKING MINUTES WITH ANOTHER 3 MINUTES OF COMMERCIALS they were basically spouting all the story lines mentioned here and the story line can basically flip on its head every day. Kind of worthless.

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Lebron, Wade, Pierce and Perkins all have better bitch faces.

10. 1969

1969 Senior member

Been waiting 5 years for a Durant - James finals. Two best players in the league going against each other in the finals. Please let this finally happen.

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

With you there. Celtic Green makes me retch.

I thought the Spurs spent way more energy whining to the refs than they did playing basketball. Never a good sign. It's your fault you're losing, not theirs.

I'd like to see OKC and Mia too. And I want OKC to win.

But I'm giving them a win as a foregone conclusion. Which as a true Spurs fan I shouldn't do.

12. thinman

thinman Senior member

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at all. I'm still rooting for OKC and I think they'll win it in six games, but the Spurs are still dangerous. Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan have too much pride to roll over, so I expect the next game will be really close.

Edit: I nearly choked last night every time Westbrook would jack up a shot. He shot, what, 25% for the night? Get the ball to Durant or Harden for God's sake!!

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i'm torn. i want the spurs to win because they're old and so am i. i want okc to win because it would make the laker season seem somewhat less bad. i'm really impressed by what okc has done this year. even from first round to now, they have really matured as a team. their passing is crisper, they're sharing the ball more, they're more cohesive on defense. still not counting out the spurs, though. they've shown that resilience before.

14. 1969

1969 Senior member

I hate rooting for the zombie sonics but I spent time with KD while he was in the program at UT, and afterwards and I've never met a more likeable athlete in my life. It also helps that he is Gervin on steroids.

15. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i like him too. westbrook, not so much. and i've got a real fan-crush on harden. seems like a great guy. despite the flopping. that's just part of his european flair.