• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
sunror- hollinger stats really don't tell the story why drew gooden is a team cancer that makes everyone one else worse. mainly, i just hate team cancers like that. would pay against the salary to have him on a team in the division

Yea, i mean i think we can officially say Joe johnson isn't winning a title in the next 6 seasons. He's good but not sign and trade max good. Going to be very hard without some draft luck with the hawks drafting a top 10 elite player. I mean, it's hard to blame him for taking the extra 27million that the hawks could offer (being the returning team and all) but no way the hawks can build around that now.

What do you guys think about dirk's strategy? He's staying with the mavs but took less money under the conditions that he has a no trade clause (so he doesn't have to worry about bouncing around) and the deal was he took less money with the promise that mark cuban would use the money to get him some better help to win a title (not so the mavs could just penny pinch). I mean, it's not completely humble as you can't expect dirk to play for the mid level exception but still pretty interesting. No way i see amare/bosh/wade/bron/jj/boozer voluntarily playing for less to try and win a title. They care about winning but with a lot of condition surrounding the statement while i think dirk is willing to win a title being the team mvp with like 2-3 other allstars or having another person as good as he is like a bosh/bron/wade

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what. when did sunror use hollinger stats to prove his point? I don't have a horse in the race because I think that Gooden and Darko both suck and both got overpaid unconscionably. Gooden certainly is, if not a team cancer, terrible for team morale, reliability, and intelligence. Darko still sucks at shooting and rebounding (why do you discount /40 min reb stats?) and is only good at defense (though his team says he's a great passer). Also, why do you discount Darko's intangibles??? Darko's on his fifth team and he has never ever been known as a hard worker. I agree with everything you said about JJ. Fully expect him to take the money, but don't expect a winning/well-strategized organization to offer him it. Dirk's deal makes sense and a lot of older veterans have done something similar in the attempt to win a ring. I don't think it's fair to compare him to the younger crowd that you mentioned at all. At that age, you're not only still trying to fully establish yourself financially, as you know how often athletes go broke, you're still fully believing in your own skills and very cognizant of your legacy. At that age, you want all the money because you think your hard work means that you deserve it, but you still believe you can win as the main guy. It's usually later on when the stars-on-decline willingly take pay cuts, when they've made that bank and are just looking to win. Makes sense to me. Also, man, look at the contracts. Nowitzki: 4 years, $80 mil Joe Johnson: 6 years, $120 mil Not much extra to work around with, is there?

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What do you guys think about dirk's strategy?

He helped the Mavs out by signing for less, but he didn't do himself any favors if he really wanted a ring. He could have signed w/ a handful of other teams and almost guaranteed himself a shot at a championship. The Mavs seem like a dead-end for next few years.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
He helped the Mavs out by signing for less, but he didn't do himself any favors if he really wanted a ring. He could have signed w/ a handful of other teams and almost guaranteed himself a shot at a championship. The Mavs seem like a dead-end for next few years.

that dampier contract can net a nice player via trade

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the Mavs can reload in two years. IIRC all their high priced players except Dirk (assuming he re-signs) and Marion will be off the books by then. Mark Cuban shouldn't have a problem recruiting players - he's a massive douche to everyone else, but he's a player's dream as a team owner.

Amare to Knicks is pretty much a done deal according to Yahoo! Sports

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ouch major facepalm for the knicks giving Amare a max deal. They truly are an incompetent franchise. I actually think they are run more poorly than the mets.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Ouch major facepalm for the knicks giving Amare a max deal. They truly are an incompetent franchise. I actually think they are run more poorly than the mets.

Mets get close to winning something this decade though.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Via twitter: http://tweetphoto.com/31035995

Stoudemire emerges in blue Knicks hat and proclaims, "The Knicks are back."
x2_1d9925b

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will temper my previous mocking statement by saying Amare is not a crippling pickup if they also get Wade or Lebron. He is good as a second threat. Problem is, it's still a terrible pick up as the 20mm could have been better spent for role players. And if they don't sign anyone else, it is a disaster.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
at least he plays for the one coach in the league who won't get fired if his team doesnt play defense.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ron Artest on Twitter!!!

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2010/0...-it-is-awesome

Btw I have the crustiest toes in the history of toes
about 21 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

My kids and nephews and lil sis looked at my weird in whole goods when I ordered a vegan salad with lil pieces of female chicken strips
about 22 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

I just ordered a female cheese burger at mcdonalds with a purple thong
July 4, 2010 4:04:15 AM EDT via Twitter for iPhone

I'm bout to unscramble my eggs
9:54 PM Jul 3rd via Twitter for iPhone

I don't know what I am My dad doesn't know either I'm confused But one thing I do know I like females My wife bout to get it Lol
8:50 PM Jul 3rd via Twitter for iPhone

I love the gym It's like a drug I get horny to work out I'm not pausing It's better than sex Really But I love it alone
7:53 PM Jul 3rd via Twitter for iPhone

If other people in gym I'm not as horny to workout Unless it's like three girls with bikinis Then I start starring Like damm!!!!!
7:54 PM Jul 3rd via Twitter for iPhone

my lil brother daniel got a midget ass and oversized hamstrings
8:58 PM Jul 1st via web

the itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout and dam she is fine with a big booty i gotta get that
8:07 PM Jul 1st via web

i think i focus best in a jacuzzi setting
July 1, 2010 8:26:11 PM EDT via web

dam i have a bunyon and there is nothing anyone can do
7:51 PM Jul 1st via web

Next october I will be doing a contest for a lucky fan to win my first championship ring. Contest will take place on my I Phone App!
10:13 PM Jun 30th via web

In game two of finals I had to take a *********** fourth quarter But I didn't know how to tell Phil Jackson
10:08 PM Jun 29th via Twitter for iPhone

Let's talk chicken heads
2:20 AM Jun 29th via Twitter for iPhone

This midget just smacked me! I'm pissed!! His name is chewey
6:18 PM Jun 23rd via mobile web

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I will temper my previous mocking statement by saying Amare is not a crippling pickup if they also get Wade or Lebron. He is good as a second threat. Problem is, it's still a terrible pick up as the 20mm could have been better spent for role players. And if they don't sign anyone else, it is a disaster.

highly doubt wade or lebron are going to the knicks. i honestly would be shocked if those two leave for another team. bosh is the wild card and he obviously isn't going to the knicks anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics