• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the **** are you quoting yourself multiple times?

jwusoccer

Reaction score
How does the strech indigo selvedge compare to the normal indigo selvedge? Looking to get a new pair of raw denim and can't decide between the two.

SassyPirate7

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm planning to purchase Super Skinny Guys online and there is no store in my area that carries them for me to try on. I am 6'1 with waist size 34", and given that i want a slim fitting jean, should I size down to a 32 or 33 as I've read on a blog that it will stretch quite quickly or stick to a size 34?

I have little to no knowledge on denim, so any answers regarding this matter will be helpful!

im eddie

Reaction score
Depends what model, but they usually run a size bigger than marked because they are to shrink when washed.

This pair for example runs two sizes bigger.

SassyPirate7

Reaction score
Depends what model, but they usually run a size bigger than marked because they are to shrink when washed.

I was looking at this model right here and it doesn't state the type of model so i'm not entirely sure..

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/skinny-fit-4392/product/1035786621-naked-famous-super-skinny-guy-jeans

Also heard that quality of pants sold on Gilt differs from ones you would buy from authorized sellers. Should I purchase Naked & Famous jeans somewhere else?

Ireges

Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of the skinny guys, and after stretching a little they fit great except for the waist, which is now about 1-1.5 '' to big. If I were to buy another pair, I was considering sizing down 1, but would then be worried of too tight a fit around the thighs. I check blueowl and it seems like each size adds or subtracts .25 '' in the thigh measurements. I'm not sure how significant this would be, but if the jeans were much slimmer they would start to look like skinny jeans. At the moment if I pinch the fabric I have about half an inch or so between my fingers. Any advice? I don't have enough experience with denim to judge.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I was looking at this model right here and it doesn't state the type of model so i'm not entirely sure..

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/skinny-fit-4392/product/1035786621-naked-famous-super-skinny-guy-jeans

Also heard that quality of pants sold on Gilt differs from ones you would buy from authorized sellers. Should I purchase Naked & Famous jeans somewhere else?

I wouldn't buy superskinny if you're going to size down, as when they shrink they'll look like girls jeans!!

However, they do both stretch out and shrink, so follow the advice of the others who've worn guy's N and F, as I'm a 23" in Leggy Girl!:)

mister56

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any good info about the twisted weft jeans, can somebody tell me what makes the unique?
Thanks.

Napad

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm planning to purchase a size 30 N&F blanked lined denim but I hesitate between the weird guy and skinny guy cut. I have a size 29 APC petit standard since 16 months and I would like to start a N&F.
Unfortunately no store in my area is selling N&F denims so I'll have to get it online
Do anyone own both APC and N&F denims and can give me some advices?

Ireges

Reaction score
Can anyone offer a comparison between Nudie's Thin Fin cut and any of the N&F cuts? Can't find anywhere to try on the Nudie's, though I would hope it's something like the skinny guy.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most N&F denim is sanforized, so they won't shrink that much. Just a few are unsanforized, but those mainly are special models/collabs.

Most of the times that the waist is oversized is to compensate room for a low(er) rise.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member