• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

MartinLil

Reaction score

IME, the majority of N&F models don't have chainstitched hems. I do have a pair of 19 oz. Elephant denim ones that do, and the collaborations with the Japanese companies definitely do, but most that I've seen don't.

Hmm. I've checked out several different N&F jeans but must be remembering them incorrectly. I do know that the nep selvedge in skinny guy cut as well as deep indigos (15oz) in the weird guy cut have a chain stitched hem, or at least the individual pairs that I own do. Oh, well. I still vote chain stitching for any hemming done to jeans, be they N&F or another brand.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best way to find your size is to go try em on. Find a local retailer or do trial and error over the net (talk to some of the SF affiliates that carry N&F and I'm sure they will work with you to find your right size). The general accepted rule in N&F amongs SF, HB,Supertalk and even N&F themselves is...

SkinnyGuy = TTS (looser fit is size up 1)
Weird Guy = Sized down one
Slim Guy = Sized down one or two.

I have found this to work in most occasions. But regardless of the sizing the cuts are different so it best to find your favorite cut as well.

FTFY

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Naked & Famous: Restocks now available for Japan Heritage Weird Guy, Japan Heritage Skinny Guy, Selvedge Chino Weird Guy, Deep Indigo Skinny Guy, Deep Indigo Weird Guy, Natural Belts Famous "Weird Guy" Japan Heritage 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo - $200
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991900
- Assembled in Canada
- Hidden coin pocket selvege
- 100% cotton
- Sizes 28-34
7991900.1b.JPG
7991900.2b.JPG

7991900.4b.JPG
7991900.5b.JPG
Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" Japan Heritage 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo - $200
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991901
- Assembled in Canada
- Exposed coin pocket selvege
- 100% cotton
- Sizes 28-34
7991901.1b.JPG
7991901.2b.JPG

7991901.5b.JPG
7991901.6b.JPG
Naked & Famous Weird Guy 13oz Selvedge Chino - $145
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7995700
- 13oz red line selvedge chino fabric that is made in Japan
- Assembled in Canada
- 100% cotton
- Sizes 28-34
nfwgchino.JPG

nfwgchino2.JPG
Naked & Famous Natural Belt - $85
Available in sizes 30, 32, 34, 36.
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7995800
- Leather originates in USA
- Made in Canada
nfnaturalbelt.jpg
TanBelt2.JPG

The above photo shows a natural belt with just over one year of wear setting next to a brand new natural belt. The worn belt has never been treated or oiled, just received a lot of abuse. Naked & Famous Skinny Guy Deep Indigo Selvedge - $165 Available in sizes 28-34 http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7996400
- Fabric made in Japan
- Assembled in Canada
nf11.jpg
nf12.jpg
Naked & Famous Weird Guy Deep Indigo Selvedge - $165
Available in sizes 28-34
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7996405
- Fabric made in Japan
- Assembled in Canada
7997301.1b.jpg
7997301.2b.jpg

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm. I've checked out several different N&F jeans but must be remembering them incorrectly. I do know that the nep selvedge in skinny guy cut as well as deep indigos (15oz) in the weird guy cut have a chain stitched hem, or at least the individual pairs that I own do. Oh, well. I still vote chain stitching for any hemming done to jeans, be they N&F or another brand.

slim guy in indigo revival selvage do indeed have a chain stiched hem

It sounds like N&F is starting to put the chainstitch hem on more and more of their models. That is a good thing.

effang

Reaction score
Just a FYI.

If you have any N&F jeans that are different weft/waft, and you plan on cuffing, i would recommend NOT warm/hot soaking the jeans. I bought the WG red weft jeans. Love them, but when I soaked them, the indigo soaked through and stained the red weft. The red weft, and specifically where I would cuff them, is now darkened due to the indigo. Still awesome, but something I didn't think about...

AlexInExile

Reaction score
I just got a pair of the reverse fades and I love them, but I think they might be too small. I size up 1 (31 from 30), but I can still only button 2 buttons. This is too be expected right or should I size up to a 32?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just got a pair of the reverse fades and I love them, but I think they might be too small. I size up 1 (31 from 30), but I can still only button 2 buttons. This is too be expected right or should I size up to a 32?

Skinny Guy is vanity sized +1 inch. You must not know your correct waist size - I'm not really sure what you are sizing up from. Doesn't really make sense to me.

AlexInExile

Reaction score

Skinny Guy is vanity sized +1 inch. You must not know your correct waist size - I'm not really sure what you are sizing up from. Doesn't really make sense to me.
True for normal Skinny Guys, but the reverse fades seem to be the opposite:
Any sizing advice for reverse-fade skinny guys? Is it okay to size down one from true circumference at hip/where pants usually rest?

Say I prefer size 31 in APC NS, would a size 34 in the reverse-fades skinny guys be ok? The waist of most of my worn jeans and pants is about 35 inches.
@buran i say size up 1 from your original waist, i found when i ordered them that they ran pretty small, so it's definitely better to be sizing a little larger than smaller with these. I got a size 29 since my actual waist is about 29.5 and they were skin tight and could barely button anything up, should have sized with a tagged 31 i think but oh well. haha hope this helps!
Hmm. I can get all the buttons fastened now, but these guys are still real tight on my waist. As a reference I wear a 28/29 in NS, and a 30 in Nudie.

Last edited:

highway

Reaction score
dscn1707h.jpg
dscn1706zi.jpg

elephants

WOW. . . these look awesome. How do they fit compared to other WGs? I think I am going to try and cop a pair of the e2's next month, and am wondering how I should size?

I was prob going to grab the same waist as my deep indigos, but wasn't sure because of the stiffness. Any more hq pics would be appreciated as well!! :p

flashkobalt

Reaction score

Just a FYI.

If you have any N&F jeans that are different weft/waft, and you plan on cuffing, i would recommend NOT warm/hot soaking the jeans. I bought the WG red weft jeans. Love them, but when I soaked them, the indigo soaked through and stained the red weft. The red weft, and specifically where I would cuff them, is now darkened due to the indigo. Still awesome, but something I didn't think about...

Didn't occur to me until this post...thanks - I love my red wefts, and would be a bit disappointed if they were to become stained

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That stain should wash away with a real wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads