Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

WG regular indigos have been made every season for several years now. Most likely you will find different inseam lengths. Newer models will have longer inseams of 35" or 35-1/2". Assuming you don't buy in store, you should place a phone order with who ever you are trying to purchase and ask for a physical measurement. If you are having trouble finding your size or the right help, call me and I will have N&F measure a pair and ship one direct if it works.
    Thank you for words of confidence! We actually do measure every item, every season. We can always double check measurements if in question.

2. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

I'm looking to buy my first pair of real raw denims. I want to spend $250 or less and I need something that fits slim, but not skin tight. I'm tall and skinny (6' and 130lbs). I'm only interested in a dark indigo color. Can anyone suggest a good pair of jeans from N&F for me?

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

The only NF I have ever flirted with the decision of buying were deep indigo weird guys.

They might fit your criteria.

4. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Japan Heritage:
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7991901

Left Hand Twill:
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7991701

Deep Indigo:
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7995900

Broken Twill:
    http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7996402

Deep Indigo is probably the darkest of the four, but if I were you I'd go for the Japan Heritage as the denim is a step above what n&f usually uses. If you're as tall and skinny as you say, the Skinny Guy fit will probably look best. Weird Guy is really more for less-skinny people with larger thighs.

For $200, Japan Blue x Momotaro is worth checking out, also at Blue Owl. At $260, the Triple Works Permanent Indigo is a little above your price range, but they'll definitely stay dark blue the longest.

5. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

That you so much! That was a really big help!

6. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Naked & Famous Elephant 2 Weird Guys: Almost Here! [​IMG][​IMG]
    Elephant weird guys just landed in the N&F warehouse today. Skinny guys are still in production and about 3-4 weeks out. Our order of weird guys are being packaged and shipped in the morning, should arrive in about 10 days. For those looking to pre-order, please e-mail me. We can accept pre-orders, but we will not ship until we can confirm measurements. Our last shipment of new production were LHT and they ran large (WG were 3” larger than tag compared to 2” larger than tag which is usual), so I am a bit concerned about shipping direct anything that is coming out of factory right now as sizing may be different. We will have sufficient stock, just e-mail me and you will be covered. Cost is $165 shipped in USA/Canada, add $30 outside of North America if shipped by themslves. We can accept pre-orders on Elephant 2 skinny guys as well, but again they are 3-4 weeks out.

7. Donut

Donut Senior member

8. highway

highway Senior member

This is awesome. . .

Also, I got a pair of skinnyguys in broken twill that are too big in the waist (36w) and in the crotch area (extra fabric that bunches up). I think they measure to a 37, when in reality I need a true 35-36. I can pull them 2" off of my waist. Anyway, I had the 34s but they were painted on, and 35s don't exist.

I got a pretty good deal on them ($98, free shipping), so would it help if I SUPER HOT soaked them or something? Or would they just stretch back out to their normal size eventually? I mean, they are def too big in the waist/front. I can just return them like I plan to and get another pair of WGs or something later. My WG size is a 34 which measures like 35.5-36.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Return them. This denim is sanforized. Doing a hot soak will minimally shrink them. Doing a hot soak and a hot tumble dry would minimally shrink them even more, but you really don't want to do that to your raw denim. I had a pair that was too big and tried to make it work through soaks etc. I ended up giving up and just buying the smaller size. In my humble opinion, hot soaks are only really effective on unsanforized denim. Not that they won't shrink, but I doubt you'll be happy with the outcome. And they will stretch back out.

10. highway

highway Senior member

Perfect, thanks.

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^
    That. Cotton shrinks AND stretches.

12. UltimateSwag

UltimateSwag Senior member

i just bought a pair of weird guys...30 waist 35 inch inseam

being a 5'7 tall dude, they are pretty long on me...would it be smart to wash them before wearing, or would that tighten the waist too much? I know they would stretch out if I wear them regularly but i'm not sure if I want to be suffocated by my jeans for a couple days....

Or should I just take them back and get a 32x35 instead and then wash them? I also don't want to risk hemming them and ruining the fit

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

The advice to return them, seeing you can return them, is correct, but a 37" waist in the broken twill fabric would probably shrink 2" in the waist with a hot soak and a hot tumble dry. If you wear a belt, they won't stretch beyond the belt.

14. UltimateSwag

UltimateSwag Senior member

hmmm...so from now on should I buy raw denim in a larger waist size than usual?

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

HEM THEM! All raw denim is cut with a long hem, so you can stack or cuff. You are not ruining the fit by hemming them. Where are you located? SF, NYC, Los Angeles, and Seattle off the top of my head all have reputable chain stitch hemming service. Or you can send them in and have it done.

Do not wash or soak them to get the inseam shorter - especially with unsanforized denim. It is barely going to shrink anyway.