• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are checking out the lightweight selvedge, but might be interested in other options, i should tell you guys that levi's makes a pair of 511 chambray trousers that are really lightweight and comfortable. http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10940776

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Anyone know if Barneys stores price matches with their online site? I remember seeing a pair of Silk Skinny Guys for $89 a while back.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT
Anyone know if Barneys stores price matches with their online site? I remember seeing a pair of Silk Skinny Guys for $89 a while back.

No harm trying. Lemme know if it works, I've been looking for a silk pair. Might as well add more debt to my credit cardz

BTW thanks for the Levi's chambray tip. Don't really like the 511 cut though tbh

reezy

Reaction score
Bought the slim denim shirt from Grit. Looking fwd to it
smile.gif

coco2010

Reaction score
picked up the last pair of slim guy in black selvedge from KarmaL for $90 (shipped to Canada)
n_and_f_black_selvedge_denim_slim_guy_0311.jpg
good shietttt. wtf at me buying stuff that's made in Canada from the states. why doesnt their stuff ever go on sale here? every pair is at least $135CAD at our local boutique. :S. my 1st pair of wg's in deep indigo cost me $140CAD. fuk you, Canadian prices.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does KL still ship DHL or UPS or something? i remember people getting nailed by customs when shipping to canada

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got all of my jeans today and guess what....NON OF THEM FIT!!!!!
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

SO I ordered a 32 in the weird guy deep indigo selvedge and that could not get past my thighs

ordered a 33 weird guy in the raised denim and my package could nor breath

34 weird guy and they were huge on the waist and still uncomfortable in the thigh area.

33 SLIM GUY in Natural Indigo Revival Selvage it got past my thighs and i was able to button it BUT I have about 1-1.5 inches in my waist. TOO MUCH SPACE!!! I was considering ordering the 32 in the same style but I am not sure if my package is going to be suffocated now....this sucks.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your waist size?

Sounds like 33 WG is the one. Don't worry about it being too tight right now. It'll stretch. Anywhere you put pressure, it'll stretch. You're not going to get the right fit unless it's tight in the beginning. If it's a perfect fit out of the box, it'll be too loose 2 weeks later.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the 33 in the raised denim is loose right about my butt. I stand up and I can pretty much stick my hand in the back of my jeans to scratch my butt with no complications.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nut up and break them in, if you want a good end fit you'll just be able to button the top button when they're new

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
ordered a 33 weird guy in the raised denim and my package could nor breath

Originally Posted by CalTex
the 33 in the raised denim is loose right about my butt. I stand up and I can pretty much stick my hand in the back of my jeans to scratch my butt with no complications.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to picture this, huge thighs, huge package (lol), no butt? But seriously, doesn't make that much sense if your package can't breath, but then you're able to stick your hand easily down your pants. Maybe you're getting a bad case of the WG diaper butt--which isn't good either....

But seriously, they do stretch. Every time I've tried on a new pair of the exact same cut and size, I always let out a, "holy mother of god this is tight". You just kind of forget how much the jeans do, indeed, stretch to fit your body. So go with the most tolerable one that isn't big on the waist. But if that means you have serious diaper ass, maybe you need another cut.

coco2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
I got the customsbomb a few months ago, think it was DHL (not sure). Thanks kl

How much was your order?

n&f is produced in NA, so hopefully there wont be any extra custom fees to pay.
ffffuuuu.gif

and yes, they still use DHL @ KL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads