Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

For those of you who are checking out the lightweight selvedge, but might be interested in other options, i should tell you guys that levi's makes a pair of 511 chambray trousers that are really lightweight and comfortable. http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10940776

2. Dj5h1fT

Dj5h1fT Senior member

Anyone know if Barneys stores price matches with their online site? I remember seeing a pair of Silk Skinny Guys for $89 a while back.

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

Anyone know if Barneys stores price matches with their online site? I remember seeing a pair of Silk Skinny Guys for $89 a while back.

No harm trying. Lemme know if it works, I've been looking for a silk pair. Might as well add more debt to my credit cardz

BTW thanks for the Levi's chambray tip. Don't really like the 511 cut though tbh

4. reezy

reezy Senior member

Bought the slim denim shirt from Grit. Looking fwd to it [​IMG] .

5. SwiftLearner

SwiftLearner Well-Known Member

How much do you think these jeans fade from sunlight particularly black and darker washes?

6. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

picked up the last pair of slim guy in black selvedge from KarmaL for $90 (shipped to Canada) [​IMG] good shietttt. wtf at me buying stuff that's made in Canada from the states. why doesnt their stuff ever go on sale here? every pair is at least $135CAD at our local boutique. :S. my 1st pair of wg's in deep indigo cost me $140CAD. fuk you, Canadian prices.

7. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

does KL still ship DHL or UPS or something? i remember people getting nailed by customs when shipping to canada

8. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

does KL still ship DHL or UPS or something? i remember people getting nailed by customs when shipping to canada
    I got the customsbomb a few months ago, think it was DHL (not sure). Thanks kl

9. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

yeah duties/taxes are so shitty, would you guys buy shit online from canada rather than the states just to not get charged for that stuff jw..?

10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

So I got all of my jeans today and guess what....NON OF THEM FIT!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SO I ordered a 32 in the weird guy deep indigo selvedge and that could not get past my thighs

ordered a 33 weird guy in the raised denim and my package could nor breath

34 weird guy and they were huge on the waist and still uncomfortable in the thigh area.

33 SLIM GUY in Natural Indigo Revival Selvage it got past my thighs and i was able to button it BUT I have about 1-1.5 inches in my waist. TOO MUCH SPACE!!! I was considering ordering the 32 in the same style but I am not sure if my package is going to be suffocated now....this sucks.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

What's your waist size?

Sounds like 33 WG is the one. Don't worry about it being too tight right now. It'll stretch. Anywhere you put pressure, it'll stretch. You're not going to get the right fit unless it's tight in the beginning. If it's a perfect fit out of the box, it'll be too loose 2 weeks later.

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

the 33 in the raised denim is loose right about my butt. I stand up and I can pretty much stick my hand in the back of my jeans to scratch my butt with no complications.

13. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

nut up and break them in, if you want a good end fit you'll just be able to button the top button when they're new

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

ordered a 33 weird guy in the raised denim and my package could nor breath

the 33 in the raised denim is loose right about my butt. I stand up and I can pretty much stick my hand in the back of my jeans to scratch my butt with no complications.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to picture this, huge thighs, huge package (lol), no butt? But seriously, doesn't make that much sense if your package can't breath, but then you're able to stick your hand easily down your pants. Maybe you're getting a bad case of the WG diaper butt--which isn't good either....

But seriously, they do stretch. Every time I've tried on a new pair of the exact same cut and size, I always let out a, "holy mother of god this is tight". You just kind of forget how much the jeans do, indeed, stretch to fit your body. So go with the most tolerable one that isn't big on the waist. But if that means you have serious diaper ass, maybe you need another cut.

15. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

How much was your order?

n&f is produced in NA, so hopefully there wont be any extra custom fees to pay. [​IMG]

and yes, they still use DHL @ KL.