Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

How much was your order?

n&f is produced in NA, so hopefully there wont be any extra custom fees to pay. [​IMG]

and yes, they still use DHL @ KL.

you will get hit with GST/HST/PST etc and then the brokerage fee, your deal won't be much of a deal

2. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I got a N&F shirt for 65$ from KL (stacking two of their sales iirc) and payed 15$ customs so it was still cheaper than from here.

3. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

So I got all of my jeans today and guess what....NON OF THEM FIT!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SO I ordered a 32 in the weird guy deep indigo selvedge and that could not get past my thighs

ordered a 33 weird guy in the raised denim and my package could nor breath

34 weird guy and they were huge on the waist and still uncomfortable in the thigh area.

33 SLIM GUY in Natural Indigo Revival Selvage it got past my thighs and i was able to button it BUT I have about 1-1.5 inches in my waist. TOO MUCH SPACE!!! I was considering ordering the 32 in the same style but I am not sure if my package is going to be suffocated now....this sucks.

33 raised should be the right one, but the whole butt thing is weird. How do you have space at the back but still have it exceedingly tight at the crotch?

Chill out about the whole thigh area thing, they stretch out / get comfortable pretty quickly. I hated my skinny guy indigo stretch, I remember complaining about the fit right here on this thread. Currently one of my favourite cuts out of all my jeans.

Probably should return all the rest.

4. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

you will get hit with GST/HST/PST etc and then the brokerage fee, your deal won't be much of a deal
    $120 is still better than 150. not having to drive to the other end of the town in my big ass suv is a definite plus , too.

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Unfortunately, I'm trying to picture this, huge thighs, huge package (lol), no butt? But seriously, doesn't make that much sense if your package can't breath, but then you're able to stick your hand easily down your pants. Maybe you're getting a bad case of the WG diaper butt--which isn't good either....

But seriously, they do stretch. Every time I've tried on a new pair of the exact same cut and size, I always let out a, "holy mother of god this is tight". You just kind of forget how much the jeans do, indeed, stretch to fit your body. So go with the most tolerable one that isn't big on the waist. But if that means you have serious diaper ass, maybe you need another cut.

I believe that you are right on the different cut deal. I ordered size 32 in the slim guy fit today and I am hoping that works out well. The 33 in the slim guy fit was too big in the waist so I am hoping this solves the problem. Yeah pretty much a small ass, but I figure I can work out my glutes and then have some more to work with lol.

6. linkinwayne

SkinnyGuys in broken twill just arrived. Mainly got it because I wanted a normal indigo beater jean that would get decent fading.

Forgot how tight and rigid these things are off the bat, haven't worn new raw denim for a while.

7. reezy

reezy Senior member

They will stretch like a mofo. MAN UP AND WEAR IT [​IMG]

8. linkinwayne

They will stretch like a mofo. MAN UP AND WEAR IT [​IMG]

Yeah but I'm going out on a date, don't really wanna have my balls constricted all night [​IMG]

9. reezy

reezy Senior member

Yeah but I'm going out on a date, don't really wanna have my balls constricted all night [​IMG]

Ooo ok wear comfy pants just in case you get lucky ;p Girls don't like grinding up to denim [​IMG]

10. coco2010

coco2010 Senior member

got my pair of slim guy in black indigo today (wow, fast shipping from KarmaL). paid only $12 extra in duties/taxes! everything came up to just over $100 [​IMG] screw domestic shopping.

11. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

This is pair I've been wearing for more than a year now. At the beginning I remember it squished my balls but now it's too loose [​IMG] (well I guess I lost some weight as well).

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I'm really excited about the "Japan Heritage Selvedge" being offered by BlueOwl and I'm sure other retailers as well. I think it might be the same denim used in the Self Edge X Imperial SEXI14. I own the Imperials and they are great. I also love the Skinny Guy cut and I think that a denim even close to the SEXI14 would be amazing. Take a look at these pics:

N&F "Japan Heritage Selvedge":

[​IMG]

source: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...1-preview.html

Imperial SEXI14:

[​IMG]

source: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=640

13. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I'm surely no expert on Japanese denim mills or sourcing, but those pictures look like a perfect match to me. Especially since Blue Owl describes it as "often used by Japanese cult heritage denim brands."

14. linkinwayne

This is pair I've been wearing for more than a year now. At the beginning I remember it squished my balls but now it's too loose [​IMG] (well I guess I lost some weight as well).

[​IMG] [​IMG] Got wear pics?

They're actually looser now than when I started a few hours ago lol.

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Got wear pics? They're actually looser now than when I started a few hours ago lol.
    Okay so the denim stretches but how much? I do have big thighs and my package is in the way because it's more than squeezed in these jeans. in the 33 WG. Maybe I am wearing the jeans wrong or they are just supposed to fit this way. The slim guy 33 fit me, manageable I would say, but I had some space in the back, enough to fit my hand in, and when I squat I feel like they ride lower and my briefs are showing, is this normal? In my opinion the slim is the cut I should be wearing because it has a bigger leg opening than the weird guy (16 as opposed to 14) and I am assuming this measurement is in the thigh region. I like my jeans fitted but not skin tight. I also have relatively large calfs and in the slim guy they are not feeling squeezed as they are in the weird guy. Hopefully my size 32 slims come in tomorrow, and I will tell you guys how they work out, but I just can't imagine jeans streaching that much. The 33 are too loose in the waist, everything else is fine, so I am assuming the 32 should be prefect. I really like these jeans, they cut is great and the color so I hope they fit. NF or APC and why? Does anyone have pictures of the faded red weave pair? Posted via Tapatalk