• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

brokencycle

Reaction score

I was too lazy to pull on my Gasolinas. :embar:

I have some Gasolinas on order. A birthday gift. I went with the original with black stitching because I liked the heel better than that of the Midnight Edition. I think the autobahn was still my favorite, but noone else seemed to like them.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have some Gasolinas on order. A birthday gift. I went with the original with black stitching because I liked the heel better than that of the Midnight Edition. I think the autobahn was still my favorite, but noone else seemed to like them.

You're in for a treat when they first arrive...that smell of fresh leather is intoxicating.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice bike.  I bet if you changed front fender for a shortened chrome one and remove the rear one altogether it would look eve better

Re: the fender elimination - I like the idea but then you lose the tail light/indicator unit. I'm all for shock mounted indicators but they're so f'in tiny, I feel like it's almost unsafe when compared to the big honking stock ones.

Damn you! S

Since you wrote this I've been researching fender elimination kits and turn signals and I think i might go ahead and do it sooner than later.

:slayer:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you! S

Since you wrote this I've been researching fender elimination kits and turn signals and I think i might go ahead and do it sooner than later.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

aaaahahhaahahhaha

How about this?

cafe-racer-tail-light-tail-light-vintage-stop-suit-cafe-racer-or-bobber-18491-900x675.jpg

or this?

media.nl

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL - nah.

Thinking this:

$(KGrHqZHJCIE7y)zN6m5BO+jY(E0Ng~~60_57.JPG

With these black turn signals shock-mounted on the rear:

markerlights5.jpg

UPDATE: Went from 'thinking' to 'buying'. Will post pics when they come in and I do the install. I'd love to chop the front fender a bit as well....

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a cool bike and jacket there Trini! I like the bars and cafe seat. One piece of advise, tuck in your boot laces. You don't want them getting hooked on the shifter or brake pedal. There is no worse feeling than when you come to a stop and try and put your foot down and it won't move as you slowly tip over. Don't ask me how I know.

:lol:

Seriously though, I am only laughing since I have been there also.. Didn't tip, but I remember things happening in slow motion as I thought "no, I didn't just snag my laces did I??" Luckily my instinct to jam my foot down once it felt snagged managed to undo the loop of the lace, but I did remember having a laugh about my predicament as I rode away thinking "now who would have thought..."

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deus' newest....I'm a big fan of the blacked out look...I can see my bike going in this direction:

2099333022-IMG_7431-2000x1333.jpg

epb

Reaction score
I'm typically not a fan of airhead cafe projects - the big tanks always seem out of proportion when they're done. The wide, stubby cafe seat on this one is the best I've seen, and really makes the bike work as a whole. Personally, I'd want a small headlight fairing for high speed work; the owner says he likes not running one for the sensation of speed having the air flow around you gives, but I don't like getting beat on by the wind for miles and miles.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm really confused why he didn't just start with a /6 in the first place.

Sounds like its because he can buy the RT for a lot cheaper than a comparable other model.

And then he can sell all of the RT pieces to further increase the savings.

Dunno what he spent on the conversion, but I bet the savings and part sales covered a good chunk of it.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its because he can buy the RT for a lot cheaper than a comparable other model.

And then he can sell all of the RT pieces to further increase the savings.

Dunno what he spent on the conversion, but I bet the savings and part sales covered a good chunk of it.

I read that, but it doesn't make sense. I just checked my local CL and there is a /7 for nearly $2k less than an R80T. You can get /6 or /7 for $2-4k all day long. Plus then he did all that stuff to make it look like a /6 like rear drum brake, exhaust, etc, that he had to pay for that otherwise would have came from the bike. Honestly, I'd rather have him cut up an R80T anyway, so it's all good
biggrin.gif

I think the seat could be better, and I'm really tired of handle-bar mirrors, but everything else looks pretty damn good to me. I like that he thought out to not use anything shiny and also stripe with an off-white for that aged look. Love the thought process of that and vision execution.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My buddy just picked up his second beemer. First an R1100s (which he kept) and now this: 30th Anniversary Edition K1300s. No I haven't ridden it yet

9226193247_c08a81a573_o.jpg

Bastard!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads