Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

My feelings for Gasolina Boots have deepened, and not for the positive. Yesterday I had this happen to my new-ish boots while zipping them up:
    [​IMG]

I contacted customer service more than 24 hours ago and haven't heard back yet... Let's see if I hear from them.

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Damn - i hope they take care of that for you. No issues with mine (yet)

3. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

It's the only colour it comes in. Fortunately it comes with all the bells & whistles: ABS, traction control, electronic suspension, tire pressure monitor, on board computer, quick shifter, heated grips, the Akra exhaust and some carbon fiber bits and pieces.

4. Rumpelstiltskin

[​IMG]

Get on your knees and thank God/Allah/Jehovah/Zeus or even that fat happy big belly dude that the zipper failed at home and not during a slide

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Not their fault that a YKK zipper broke, but yeah hopefully they would have returned your contact more promptly.

6. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Their customer service response seems to be sporadic. I once waited two or three days to get a response. Once I responded to their response they were always very prompt.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013

7. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Right, well I heard back this morning. They were apologetic and said I could take it to a repair shop and they would Paypal me reimbursement for the job up to $30. I took it to the local shoe guy who charged $20. So they're taking care of it.

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

9. Rumpelstiltskin

"Dress for the slide (or for flying through a car window), not the ride."

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I didn't even bother riding my bike the past 2 weeks when it was 100 deg; rather just not ride when it's like that.

Without fail, everytime I see someone riding in shorts and a tshirt I just think, "damn, that dudes crazy!"; I don't even wear that much gear, but geeze!

In other news, I'm getting real tired of engine hiccups; might try to tackle swapping jets in the carb this weekend - never worked on a carb before.

11. Rumpelstiltskin

I rode on sunday and it was about 95 degrees . I had on full gauntlets and my Dainese Santa Monica jacket (why oh why did I change my order last minute from the perforated version in blue?) I drank a little more water and pissed a little less but I was fine. And I was even better after the quick rainstorms chopped the heat and the humidity

12. epb

epb Senior member

Nice article. I have to admit I was skeptical but it's true that modern ventilated jackets are damned good at keeping you cool, especially riding at speed. I actually leave one of my liners in unless it's close to 90, as I've actually been COLD riding in 70-egree weather. Combined with a vented helmet at the right gloves, you can be perfectly comfortable riding fully geared in any weather.

13. hayzum

hayzum Senior member

Any Confederate enthusiasts on here?

14. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

By all accounts I've read Robert E. Lee was a pretty amicable fellow.

15. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

Seriously though, I like some of the newer bikes looks and the industrial design elements they incorporate. I saw a segment on a Velocity Channel show about the company and their newest model. They are cool, expensive, and essentially a one hundred plus year old engine design, which is cool but I think what you pay for is design over performance. Don't get me wrong, I like the bikes but I think they're overpriced and a more of a niche/boutique type of bike.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013