• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

dopke

Reaction score

But if I hot wash it and it shrink, it will stretch back to pre shrunk levels? Especially in the thighs?

I was able to stretch back to pre-shrunk levels and perhaps even more. I cold soaked for 30 min or so, and after I put them on immediately. It was really difficult as it shrunk quite a bit all over, but I eventually got them on and buttoned fully after 30-45 minutes of wearing them and trying every 5 min or so to get them on more.

While I was getting them on and after, I specifically tried to stretch out the thigh area by doing leg exercises.

With that said, I did get the knee bulge as a result of the leg exercises while jeans being wet. So while you can get them to pre-shrunk levels (not in terms of length and below the knee), it may result in a slight bulge at the knees if you overdo it.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

but, basically [putting into consideration my body type], my rule of thumb in RAW sizing_ simplified:
_on sanforized,= the tightest size i can get into & button up
_on non-sanforized= able to get them on & button up w/o difficulty

makes sense. cheers.

ysb

Reaction score
For those of you in the LA area I wandered into the Santa Monica location of Wasteland and saw a pair of Momo 0701 size 34 in very new condition but they seemed to have a short inseam (~30") for $95. Good deal if you know they'll fit you.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post or presoak? ROFL.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Momotaro: The New Copper Label G017-MB
7936000.1b.JPG
7936000.2b.JPG
Introducing the newest denim release from Momotaro - Copper Label Tight Straight G017-MB. The Copper Label is one of the core series produced by Momotaro which up until now we have not stocked, but we are glad to have in store now. The Copper Label denims feature copper accent hardware and a 14.7oz weight selvedge which is slightly lighter compared to the other Momotaro denim series. What makes this release special is the indigo used. Prior to this release, the Copper Label denims featured more vintage style indigos being much lighter shades of indigo and more true to the originals they are modeled after. The new release is a deep indigo that is the same pure indigo used on the Vintage Label denims like the 0701 and on the Going to Battle denims like the 0705sp. Momotaro Copper Label 14.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model G017-MB * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 14.7oz selvedge one wash (washed one time using sea water from Okayama coast) * Rope dyed deep blue pure indigo * Flannel pocket bags and back yoke lining dyed in pure indigo * 1/8" thick cowhide leather patch branded with the Momotaro "Japan Blue" logo * Stitching of peach logo on back right pocket * Copper rivets and buttons all engraved with Momotaro logos * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7936000.12b.JPG
7936000.4b.JPG
7936000.11b.JPG
7936000.8b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7936000 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/03/momotaro-copper-label-147oz-tight.html.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my japan blue momotaros came in the mail form blue owl, awesome denim

but they are really tight and difficult to button up, i hope the stretch out soon because they are pretty uncomfortable right now

Ketawa

Reaction score
will they stretch out well?

I'm in the same situation, my perfect size would be somewhere between 34 and 36 on the JB x Momotaro 701s. I sized down to 34 and picked out the biggest one Jay at Blue Owl had. Looking through some earlier posts in this thread, it sounds like after a couple of weeks they'll soften up and stretch out in the waist. I can actually button mine up easily and move around without any problems, but they're still a little tight.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the tight straight roomier than the Naked and Famous weird guy cut?

I am currently wearing a N&F WG 33, that is loose on the waist a bit but I can not size down any further because of my thighs.

I do not want to go with a pair that is going to give me more space below the knee as I really like how these WG fit that area, but I also do not want to gain a lot of space below the knees.

What do you guys suggest I go with?

How much do N&F stretch after wear, I was told MOMO stretches 1 inch around the waist and .5 an inch in the thigh area after 3-4 weeks of wear.

Thanks for the help.

N&F WG Deep Indigo measurements

* Size 33 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12.25" thigh, 8.8" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.75" leg opening)

MOMO tight straight measurements

* Size 33 (34" waist, 10.5" rise, 11.75" thigh, 8.8" knee, 34.5" inseam, 8.1" leg opening)

* Size 34 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12" thigh, 9" knee, 34.5" inseam, 8.25" leg opening)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am currently wearing a N&F WG 33, that is loose on the waist a bit but I can not size down any further because of my thighs.
I do not want to go with a pair that is going to give me more space below the knee as I really like how these WG fit that area, but I also do not want to gain a lot of space below the knees.
How much do N&F stretch after wear, I was told MOMO stretches 1 inch around the waist and .5 an inch in the thigh area after 3-4 weeks of wear.
Thanks for the help.
* Size 33 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12.25" thigh, 8.8" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.75" leg opening)
* Size 33 (34" waist, 10.5" rise, 11.75" thigh, 8.8" knee, 34.5" inseam, 8.1" leg opening)
* Size 34 (35" waist, 10.5" rise, 12" thigh, 9" knee, 34.5" inseam, 8.25" leg opening)

We're wearing the same size. I wear WG 33 (again, waist is big and thighs are just about as small as they can be). I had a pair of the 705sp (Tight Straights) in a 34 that were glorious until I started bulking again. Thighs got too small, had to move them along. Have ended up going w/ a 36 in the 702 and fits like a dream. End story - thigh on the 34 Tight Straight will be smaller than your 33 WG, but the lower leg will be ever so slightly larger - not enough to bug me personally, but it is all preference. WG is the sharpest taper that I've personally worn.

N&F is pretty well known for stretching when needed (esp the waist). Momo can vary. Jay can also get you a "small" 36 that should keep the waist from being too billowy while giving you just enough space in the thigh.

pistolero

Reaction score

Thanks for the help.

No - the Momo "tight stright" cut is less tapered overall and slimmer in the top block than N&F Weird Guy. Also, the Momos (assuming you're asking about the Vintage Label denim) will not stretch as much as WG; after 1.5 years my 0705SP have stretched less than 1" in the waist and maybe 1/2" in the thighs...tops. Blue Owl's measurements are really accurate, so use that as a guide, just don't count on the Momo's to stretch to fit you especially in the top block.

I recall Jay from Blue Owl mentioning in this thread that he was working on a Momo collab that would fit more like the WG cut...you might wait to see what becomes of that.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same situation, my perfect size would be somewhere between 34 and 36 on the JB x Momotaro 701s. I sized down to 34 and picked out the biggest one Jay at Blue Owl had. Looking through some earlier posts in this thread, it sounds like after a couple of weeks they'll soften up and stretch out in the waist. I can actually button mine up easily and move around without any problems, but they're still a little tight.

movement for me is pretty constricted but i can walk and do basic things normally. maybe i need to wear them more often but i cant because i wear a uniform at work lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads