Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

A jump from the Momo 34 to 36 gave you and extra .75 inches for your thighs but also 2 extra inches (before stretching) in the waist, I would assume you had a lot of excess fabric and the fabric accumulated when you wore them with a belt, yes?

What do you mean he can get me a small 36, do they alter the waist of the jeans? If they do that, do you lose a lot of space in the package area?

2. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

^no alterations, just variability in the manufacturing process, some pairs measure slightly smaller, some match posted measurements, and some measure slightly larger...

3. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Expect 1" of stretch in the waist and .5" in the thigh after 3-4 weeks of wear. If you can button all the way up, you are good to go.

Give it about 1-2 more weeks and they will be perfect.

In late April we will be launching a new fit by Japan Blue which is a tapered leg fit. There will be 2 models (GTB & Vintage - same as other fits). The Japan Blue tight straight should work fine, or be patient for the new models. Once they arrive, we will continuously carry all 6 Japan Blue denims (the 4 we currently stock plus the 2 new fits).

He means we can measure all of the 34s and 36s we currrently have in stock and try to find one with measurements closer to what you need, which sounds like a tag 35 which is not made. Pretty much all denim at this level are hand made and thus there is a little variation in each pair. Even from the the same production run there could .5" of difference which may be all you need for a perfect fit.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  4. Jay-D

Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series [​IMG] We are proud to officially introduce the Momotaro x Blue Owl collaboration series. This series combines the expert artisan craftsmanship of Momotaro with the vision and creativity of the Blue Owl Workshop to develop limited edition denims and fashion items. This series will begin with 3 different denims being released this spring and summer limited to only 40 pairs per denim run. The first collaboration denim is complete and has already shipped from Kojima, Japan and will arrive next week. More details of each denim will be available upon arrival, but here is what to expect. [​IMG] The first 3 denims in the Momotaro x Blue Owl series will feature a new fit that has never been used on the Momotaro main line, skinny straight. The Skinny Straight fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly from the thigh to the leg opening. All 3 denims use unsanforized raw selvedge denim made with Zimbabwe cotton produced by the Rampuya denim mill and sewn by the factories of Momotaro in Kojima, Okayama. [​IMG] Available Early April: Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Skinny Straight 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM001 [​IMG] With our 1st collaboration we wanted a super dark denim, but not black. We wanted something that was unique and memorable, yet also minimalistic. The result is a creative denim that uses a super dark indigo with black stitching and details that makes the denim look black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations. We used the same fabric from the Momotaro Vintage Series which is rope dyed in pure indigo and already super dark. We used black stitching throughout and a black deer skin patch to give a clean look making the denim look black, at least until the fabric starts to fade. Finally with a tribute to the Going to Battle series and what has become one of the recognizable symbols of the Momotaro label we added the battle stripes, but in black. Thus we are proud to introduce the "Midnight Warrior" denim. [​IMG] Available late June: Momotaro x Blue Owl Vintage 15.7oz "Skinny Straight" Raw Selvedge - Model BOM002 [​IMG] With our 2nd collaboration we wanted to keep it simple. Basically we feel the Momotaro Vintage Label is the best possible denim Momotaro can produce, so why change it? Thus the BOM002 will feature the same fabric and details as used in the Momotaro Vintage Series and use the skinny straight fit. [​IMG] Comparing the BOM001 and the BOM002 side x side, you can see how the black stitching and details truly make the BOM001 look like a black denim, but in actuality both of these denims use the same indigo dyed fabric. The fabric is a 15.7oz super-dense 6s yarn made with 100% Zimbabwe cotton and rope dyed to a super dark deep indigo using pure indigo. The fabric has a hairy surface with a good amount of slub and character and fades beautifully. [​IMG] Available late August/early September: Momotaro x Blue Owl Deep Indigo "Skinny Straight" 15oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM003 [​IMG] The BOM003 "Deep Indigo" denim will feature the Zimbabwe cotton super dark pure indigo warp and sulphur dyed weft fabric that is currently used on the Deep Indigo 0702, but our version has a little twist. First, the fit will be the skinny straight fit, same as the first two collaborations. Second, the fabric is unsanforized rather than the sanforized fabric of the 0702. Both of these factors will allow for the slimmest possible fit and one of the best fabrics to ever come out of the Rampuya denim mill. Also seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/03/introducing-momotaro-x-blue-owl.html

5. 1ce_cr3am

1ce_cr3am Member

very nice, i think i need to get the first one, how much will it be?

6. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Good stuff Jay. Looks promising.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:O

Is this going to fit just like the NF weird guy fit?

How much are they going for?

Looks like I'm buying a pair!

8. Jay-D

I am trying to keep them all under $300, and the USD is finally coming up so I think it will happen. I will have the final pricing later this week.

Won't know the exact fit until I can put a tape measure on a few pairs. They will be $200, same as other Japan Blue denims. Should be in store by the end of April.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  9. AServetnick

AServetnick Active Member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  10. Jay-D

Denim Fades: Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight 0100sp Here is my personal pair of Japan Blue 0100sp which has been my go to denim for many months. This denim has seen approximately 7 months of daily wear and just had its first wash. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Below is a link and showing brand new: Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0100SP - $200
    - Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is currently the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
    - 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
    - Rope dyed indigo
    - Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickle finish buttons
    - Button fly
    - Momotaro copper rivets
    - Hidden coin pocket selvedge
    - Cowhide leather patch
    - Red & white selvedge
    - Pink interior inseam thread
    - 100% cotton
    - Available in sizes 29-34, 36
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992001 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/04/denim-fades-japan-blue-x-momotaro-going.html

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Do you really put your phone in your back pocket jay?

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

The mark looks distinctly iPhone shaped. Sit down...crunch!!...oh that'll be expensive. Not to mention pickpockets as well.

BTW how can anyone be wearing a pair of jeans daily for 7 months without washing them? I have to wash mine every week, otherwise they just start stinking.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  13. Jay-D

Yes, that is an I-Phone.

I never sit on my phone, just carry it there when I am at work. Not many pickpockets here in Seattle. Not very hot here in Seattle either, so maybe that is why I can get away with it. I rarely wash denim and most of mine will go a year before washing. This one is getting retired from daily wear, so I thought it was time.

14. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

retired?? should sell on ebay " yo this jeans has lots of life left, washed only once"

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012