Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I think that almost everyone on this thread talks about not washing their denim for a minimum of 6 months, I havent washed mine for 3 months and they have not acquired any smell.

2. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

Hi there, I'm an absolute newbie when it comes to Japanese denim - the only pair I own is a Uniqlo "Made in Japan" one. As I'm now looking to buy another pair of jeans in the "premium" range, what would you recommend to go with? I am looking for a normal to slightly slimmer fit - like the Levi's 1947 501xx fit, basically. Does Momotaro have such a fit? Or would you recommend going with another brand (Studio D'Artisan, Warehouse, etc?)
    As I am currently residing in Tokyo, which shop should I go to to try on a few models. After reading up here for a couple of hours, and googling, I fell overwhelmed by all the brands, shops, and fits.

Thanks (and sorry for interrupting with my lame newbie questions)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

3. LazyPig

LazyPig Member

^ Since this is a Momotaro thread - go for a pair of 0201.

4. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

Thank you. Yes, these look pretty good and fit in my price range as well. Do you think it's okay to go for the "one wash" model? I'm not very patient at breaking in raw denim, so instead of ruining another pair, maybe I should go for the washed one straight away...

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

how did you ruin the last pairs?
    i like one wash because you can try on a few sizes and you know they are not going to move too much, size wise. fully raw can be a gamble sometimes because they are going to shrink.

6. sehnsimilla

sehnsimilla Member

Jay, your JB's look amazing after the wash. It really makes me wish I wore mine as often as you, since we started our pairs around the same time. I already told you but the coin pocket fades on your pair are easily my favorite part. Its very well defined, especially in person, and the coin pocket shape is just really nice on momotaros in the first place. Now I'm curious to see which bo x momo's you choose to wear out :)

7. LazyPig

LazyPig Member

Looking forward to sizing info on the bo x momo collab at BO website.

8. sehnsimilla

sehnsimilla Member

it should be very similar to the jb 0100 but unsanforized

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

How do you come to that conclusion?

I thought they were suppose to be similar to NF WG fit.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Jay, I think you hinted at a tapered make coming up or maybe I just mixed up posts? Either as a collabo makeup or through Japan Blue?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

He mentioned a collaboration with Momo and Blue Owl, is that what you are referring to?

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I guess, the second round of collabs maybe? Since the first round seems to be a slim straight.

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Skinny Straight 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM001

[​IMG]
    We are proud to introduce the first denim in the Momotaro x Blue Owl collaboration series. With our 1st collaboration we wanted a slimmer fit than currently offered by the Momotaro denim line. The skinny straight fit was originally developed for the Japan Blue label and this is the first time it has been used by Momotaro and the first time as an unsanforized denim. In terms of details, we were looking for super dark denim, but not black denim. We wanted something that was unique and memorable, yet also minimalistic. The result is a denim using super dark pure indigo with black stitching and details creating a super dark denim that looks black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations. With a tribute to the Going to Battle series and what has become one of the recognizable symbols of the Momotaro label we added the battle stripes, but in black. We are proud to introduce the "Midnight Warrior" denim.

Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Skinny Straight 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM001
    * The "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening.
    * 15.7oz unsanforized raw selvedge
    * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley .5" in the waist and 1" in length during the first wash.
    * Deep blue pure indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn
    * Deer skin patch
    * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story.
    * Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story.
    * 100% Zimbabwe cotton
    * 100% natural cotton thread
    * Available in sizes 29-34, 36
    * Made in Japan
    * Limited to 40 pairs for the first production.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7932000

More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/04/momotaro-x-blue-owl-midnight-warrior.html