• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Doctor

Reaction score
They're pretty rare, but there are a few members who have them. I just bought a pair of 0701's about 3 weeks ago and have been wearing them every day since. You're right - they're truly brilliant. The denim is 100% excellent quality and the fit for me has been great. To begin with they were so tight I could barely move, but after 3 weeks of hard wear, they're just right. They were so stiff I thought they'd kill me, but they've softened up nicely. I've started wearing a belt as I don't want them to stretch much more in the waist. I didn't soak mine pre-wear and plan to wash after 6 months (around New Year's). I also like the pink inseam stitching - cool detail
wink.gif
There is a little bit of information on the last pages of this thread >> http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...light=momotaro and some pics.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dam those were pretty tight lol but they work for you. How much did you size down? I was in BIG a while ago and tried on a pair but I can't remember which model it was. I tried on some 34's and they fit good, just a bit loose in the waist but they are supposed to shrink and inch. On their website a 33 in the 0201's is equivalent to a 34 in the 0701's so I got 33's hoping that was the right size. I was debating between these and the Warehouse 800's I think but the denim on the Warehouses wasn't near as nice in my opinion.

Doctor

Reaction score
I would recommend you get the waist to fit as you want it off the rack. They do shrink a bit, but they will stretch back out to their pre-soak size (but not much more). They don't stretch a lot (nothing like APC's etc), but they will stretch. Especially if you're crazy enough to do what I did and get them that tight - they have stretched out on me just a little bit in every area, even in the thighs (so I no longer look like a sausage in a skin, but they still fit me very slim).

I recommend a snug, perhaps slightly tight fit on the waist if you want a trim/neat fit long term.

The 0201's are a bit more relaxed. Also, I'm 6'8" with gigantic cyclist thighs, so you needn't worry that they're going to be quite that tight on you (presuming you're not of similar build).

Also, if you feel like rolling over and dying and/or burning them after 2 days or so, hang in there. They DO soften up and they're GREAT.

Edit: Not sure how much I downsized. I'll measure my waist tomorrow and let you know how it compares to the jeans themselves.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea well I want them to be not baggy but a looser more classic fit. And I'm not near as tall as you, only 6'1", but I do have big legs because I bodybuild. What size are your 0701's?

Doctor

Reaction score
I got size 32. That's the smallest I've ever gotten in jeans - lately I'd usually get a 33, maybe even 34. I just got sick of them stretching (thoug, admittedly, I've never owned jeans as high quality as Momo's). This guy says he's 6'3" and he's wearing 0201's - I'd call it a slim, classic fit:
jeans%201.jpg
jeans%202.jpg

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's slimmer then I want. Looks like that guy sized down quite a bit.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 0201 measurements are very similar to APC rescue's. I like the fit of APC's but want better denim so I think the 0201's will be good. They may be too big but we'll see.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing down mad + not soaking is quite alright if you have no plans of washing ever__ but, if you're expecting a [re-use] you need to allow for contingencies. i know others would say "oh, but they will stretch"__ breaking them in is onerous as it is, stretching them out everytime you wash is quite trifling. there's also that chance that they just won't fit at all, so all that enthusiasm, time & energy to prime them up__ only to end up @the market.

i've done it that way before and learned my lessons. i say, know [the beast] before you **** with it.... just my honest opinion.

Doctor

Reaction score
I would have said they were a slim cut, but not tight or skinny. I'm really, really big in all proportions - even pair if Imperial King's is skin tight on me through the waist & thighs, so don't be too alarmed.

I sized down because that's the look I wanted. I would recommend to anyone, however, that you match your waist size off the rack knowing that they will stretch back out to pre-soak size fairly quickly. Beyond this, however, they really don'y stretch much.

But yes, they are slim fitting. At least the 0701's are.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
I would have said they were a slim cut, but not tight or skinny. I'm really, really big in all proportions - even pair if Imperial King's is skin tight on me through the waist & thighs, so don't be too alarmed. I sized down because that's the look I wanted. I would recommend to anyone, however, that you match your waist size off the rack knowing that they will stretch back out to pre-soak size fairly quickly. Beyond this, however, they really don'y stretch much. But yes, they are slim fitting. At least the 0701's are.
Well you said that the BIG measurements were off right? We'll see how they fit. I may even be going into the city next week so if they don't fit right I'll just stop in BIG to exchange them. The 0701's are also slimmer and a lower rise. The 0201's are still somewhat slim but just a little bit roomier in all areas.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
similar to somets?

I've had a pair of Somet's as well and they are pretty different. I guess the 003's would be pretty close to the 0701's though. The denim is completely different but they are two of the best for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads