• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Inkss

Reaction score
Best looking neoclassic/retro Lambrettalike ?
scomaditl.jpg

Scomadi TL ?

royalalloygt.jpg

Royal Alloy GT ?

scomaditt.jpg

Scomadi TT ?

royalalloygp.jpg

Royal Alloy GP ?

There is of course the Lambretta V, which is supposed to be an 21st Century take on the classic Lambrettas, but I think it looks more like a Lammified 80s Japanese scooter

lamv.jpg

Ivyskin89

Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best looking neoclassic/retro Lambrettalike ?
View attachment 1252847
Scomadi TL ?

View attachment 1252848
Royal Alloy GT ?

View attachment 1252853
Scomadi TT ?

View attachment 1252854
Royal Alloy GP ?

There is of course the Lambretta V, which is supposed to be an 21st Century take on the classic Lambrettas, but I think it looks more like a Lammified 80s Japanese scooter

View attachment 1252870

I’ve been very impatiently waiting for these to get distribution over here in America. The way I understand it is the RA are essentially the same as Scomadi - Scomadi originally set up manufacturing in some Asian factory then there was a dispute so they went elsewhere. The factory continued producing them under the RA badge. Lawsuits galore and finally settled AFAIK but the irony being that even though RA is the younger company they seem to have set up distribution here ahead of Scomadi via Genuine Scooters who already do/did the Star / Stella Vespa PX clones. Only problem is they only do a 150 here so far and I’d want the extra zip of a 200.
I waited ages for the delayed release of the new Lambretta but it looks inferior in many ways to the Scomadi / RA. Too bad they’ve been eclipsed.

Either the Scomadi or RA with the SX type panel flashes looks great to me. I can’t wait to try one out properly.

Last edited:

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was that like.

No sweat. He was okay, there was a bunch of us, no bad vibes. At that time he had a rep for wandering hands if you happened to be a girl and got in a taxi with him, but that sort of thing was common.

The programme I took part in was recorded in Broadcasting House, and it was a discussion about young people travelling. I can't remember how or why I was invited onto it, but my contribution was about hitch-hiking. I used to hitch-hike a lot - that was mainly how I managed to get from London up to Blackpool and back - and I used to get picked up because I had short hair. Then the newspapers got hold of "Skinhead" and suddenly I found no one would pick me up any more. That's what I was talking about.

Really the only bad feeling I got about that day was when the news broke later about his abuse of children, and I thought "Sh*t, I was in the same room with that bloke! I talked to him!" Not afraid for myself, but just knowing I was in the same room with someone who systematically did what he did.

Newton heath

Reaction score
Saville used to open a garden fete for the little sisters of the poor in newton heath every summer ,in those days everyone thought he was weird but great , it just shows ,

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
No sweat. He was okay, there was a bunch of us, no bad vibes. At that time he had a rep for wandering hands if you happened to be a girl and got in a taxi with him, but that sort of thing was common.

The programme I took part in was recorded in Broadcasting House, and it was a discussion about young people travelling. I can't remember how or why I was invited onto it, but my contribution was about hitch-hiking. I used to hitch-hike a lot - that was mainly how I managed to get from London up to Blackpool and back - and I used to get picked up because I had short hair. Then the newspapers got hold of "Skinhead" and suddenly I found no one would pick me up any more. That's what I was talking about.

Really the only bad feeling I got about that day was when the news broke later about his abuse of children, and I thought "Sh*t, I was in the same room with that bloke! I talked to him!" Not afraid for myself, but just knowing I was in the same room with someone who systematically did what he did.

I wasn't on about saville but meeting Scargill haha, Saville always gave me weird vibes not because he was an eccentric but he just seemed off. There has been alot of eccentrics who are decent people and some who were ''normal'' who turned out to be monsters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads