• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Ithe UK public were tricked into voting yes to the EEC in 1975 .

That's because they were too busy dancing to northern soul or dressing up like Bay City Rollers for football to pay close attention. Anyway, let's discuss Brexit only insofar as it affects monkey boots.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, the possibility of WW3 will be higher if you really leave EU :-D[/QUOTE]
I know , that is because we will lose the protection of the proposed European army. .:rotflmao:

Inkss

Reaction score
Got rid of the yellow laces , went over the yellow stitching with boot oxblood polish and put some comfy insoles in the Blighters. .:cool2:
Did the same

harry.jpg

Wider waxed laces to accomodate my Flintstone feet

Inkss

Reaction score
I won’t be giving up my continental quilt on brexit day, but seriously the last pair of monkey boots I had crippled me ,
Mine took ages to break-in. They shaved the skin off my toe-knuckles (or whatever they're called) and the back of my ankles. They're comfy as can be now.
Don't know whether I'd go through that again though.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Monkey boots run a bit small, always size up if possible.

Still, they are cheap boots, can't say mine ever hurt but im used to wearing harsh footwear

Bela Kun

Reaction score
What were these guys wearing - anything a Brit might vaguely recognise as 'mod' in 1965/66?

They were an American band from a mid-sized town in the North-West. sonics.jpg

Last edited:

Bela Kun

Reaction score
It’s the Sonics. They predated most of those Nuggets bands by a year or two. And to my ears at least, they were less British Invasion influenced than those - more of a ‘straight from the source' R&B/Little Richard influence.

So I’m curious if their fashions were ‘Anglophile’ or mod-derived at all.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads