• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

loempiavreter

Reaction score

Interesting pic, Bunty. The guy on the extreme left shows exactly how ties were knotted in my (uh) neck of the woods* too in '68. I had a pair of those bloody silly square shades in '67 before adopting my signature aviators. The other guy in shades shows the 'mod' take on turn-ups.
These guys are typical of the lads who used to come down from Glasgow to Blackpool for 'Glasgow Fortnight'.
*By 'my neck of the woods' in that context I mean S E London. Back in Blackpool, where I had just left, ties were worn with quite a big knot, but fastened right up to the neck.

Photo and text posted on 'The Mod Generation' website by Charles Murphy

'The cool dude with the square shades on is our Fitzy's big brother Edward, this one of the photos from the legendary "Frankie Vaughan And The Easterhouse Gangs" video in '68. They were called "The West Rebels" A cracking photo.'
[VIDEOhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HdeKrF4vINc][/VIDEO]

Nice find bunty!

White t-shirts and slipovers, Colin/Browniecj said it before, but first time i've seen it.

Last edited:

chickNcoop

Reaction score
got in the Doc Marten "langston" boot that was posted about few pages ago...Made in England 8i boot but it's tall, more like a 10i height but with 8 eyelets
I know i've felt this way before so we'll see how I feel in a few months, but I think these are the ideal Docs. Color is a deep dark oxblood similar to the For Lifes. Leather is a hi-polishable type, unlike the For Lifes. It's English made. Doesnt have the yellow stitching around the welt.

After having these for a few months how do these compare to the Mikkel Rude 11i's that you posted about previously. Between the two which would you choose?

Thanks, as always.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice find bunty!
White t-shirts and slipovers, Colin/Browniecj said it before, but first time i've seen it.

Keep those Photos coming.They are filling the "Holes" that have appeared regarding Skinhead/Suedehead wear.Always knew somewhere out there,there would be proof.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M-o-M,always wear my Ties like that-even now.Cannot bear having them done right up.Have lead to problems before now,but WTF.

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep those Photos coming.They are filling the "Holes" that have appeared regarding Skinhead/Suedehead wear.Always knew somewhere out there,there would be proof.

I must of missed some thing here, Sleeve less pull overs [ like above ] was worn widespread by 60s skinheads, never used the word slip-overs, don,t remember them worn with Tee shirts though, Proof of another example of region/area differences, Nice one Loempiaveter :)

Last edited:

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score

After having these for a few months how do these compare to the Mikkel Rude 11i's that you posted about previously.  Between the two which would you choose?

Thanks, as always.

I like the Langston better. for me the darker oxblood color looks better than the more brick red color of the MR, and the leather is much thicker and seems sturdier. also after repeated polishing, the Langstons really take a nice shine and as the leather has started to patina, just looks great. I think it's interesting that tho the Langston is 8i and MR is 11i, the boot shaft is nearly same height, so the Langston is a very tall boot for being 8i.

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great photo Noddy, any idea where/year?

Yes a Great photo, and very hard to date, the lad left with the white trousers seems to be wearing long wing brogues, The Mini has a 65 plate, Could it be they are 80s Mod revivalist ? ,:)

Last edited:

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yes very good picture. the one fella on the 2nd from right looks to have a PVC patch on the knees of his jeans....? wonder what that is about

loempiavreter

Reaction score

Nice one Loempiaveter :)

They are from Bunty's video he posted, he deserves all the credit, I was merely point out from something I remember Colin said.

yes very good picture. the one fella on the 2nd from right looks to have a PVC patch on the knees of his jeans....? wonder what that is about

Just a patch what these northerners like so much isn't it? The guy with the patch has sadly passed away :( (I remember from someone commenting on another picture of these folks on I think it was pama forum, he also had football patches I don´t know if they are in this photo, the one on his jean jacket?)

Last edited:

KD-fens

Reaction score
Are the two in the middle wearing cords? Just from the way the light is hitting them in the photo, it kinda looks like it to me. Also the cuffs on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads