1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Distinguished Member

Whereabouts was that taken, John? Anywhere near the Biennale?

2. John Boy

John Boy Member

So while I'm asking for advice I have another question. Sorry if i'm repeating anything but there's a lot to remember! Did the originals wear those chunky knit style cardigans? How popular were they? In a picture of Lasttye a lad he's with seems to be wearing one with a tie.

Also I know Mikkel Rude does one but they're very pricey for me. I was wondering if this was pretty similar:

http://www.asos.com/Selected/Select...sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Greymelange

maybe change the buttons to leather football ones?

Cheers in advance

3. Lasttye

Lasttye Distinguished Member

Chunky Cardigans was worn by the Originals 68/69, later 69/70 any cardigan was worn not so much the chunky one's though.:)

4. Lasttye

Lasttye Distinguished Member

Kilburn skinheads wearing various cardigans back in the day,

[​IMG]

Me and Mandy wearing a cardigan last year,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

5. McDermott

McDermott Well-Known Member

double post !

6. McDermott

McDermott Well-Known Member

Heres what you be wanting Lads [​IMG] come with crappy leather-lookalike plastic buttons, change them for the real deal and its spot on. I find keeping an eye on cricket style jumpers sometimes comes up trumps on ebay (bought a pure white one thats spot on just needs pearl buttons changing to leather ones) but these are the best ive found by a mile :
    Black :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mans-Blac...&otn=4&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5497057393442775682
    Burgandy : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mans-Burg...s_Tops_Casual_Shirts&var=&hash=item99adb27aaf
    and the only place i could find the green was 80'sfootballcausals : http://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/...an-in-classic-green-2105973-239064-703659.php
    who also stock the crewneck style that seemed to be popular with 80's skins : http://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/knitwear/waffle-jumper-in-classic-grey-2105965-239064-703655.php they have that in burgundy also.

7. no1crop

no1crop New Member

Hello Roy pal :)

8. no1crop

no1crop New Member

Hello Roy pal :)

9. loempiavreter

loempiavreter Senior Member

Welcome! We young 'uns should stick together, I myself am 5 years your senior. Cloths mad (not fashion mad) is a good start especially if you have an eye for ivy kit, stick around and learn from the late 60s kids, been such an eye opener.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

here's an old pic I have never seen til now, wonder if anyone had any info about when it's from, where, etc?

[​IMG]

11. chickNcoop

chickNcoop Active Member

I own a Fred Perry Harrington and Baracuta Slim G9. The slim Baracuta still isn't as fitted as the FP, about the same lengthwise though, also the arms are a lot roomier.

12. War Beast

War Beast Member

I've been lurking for quite sometime since my last post but this deserves a thank you, I have been debating on whether or not to get a cardigan to wear under my white Harrington and you sir have just helped me make the decision to do so. [​IMG]

I only see girls or gays wearing them (obviously not in a trad style) but that's what has be keeping me from buying one up to this point.

13. War Beast

War Beast Member

I have a Lonsdale Harrington that fits me perfectly. I'm not sure if it's just my body's build (athletic) but I couldn't ask for an inch more or less anywhere.

14. OHT

OHT Senior Member

You should definitely get one. Cardigans give a nice clean look. Don't let others make you think otherwise(just wear it well because that's what counts). :cheers:

15. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Distinguished Member

At the age of 61 I avoid cardigans like the plague - they go with pipe and slippers! But on someone younger they are 'original' gear.