1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Well-Known Member

Think she's charming and very pretty BTW...

2. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Well-Known Member

I didn't mean it as an insult in the least, she seems to have been an attractive lady I just thought the hair style made her look a little older and mature than some of the girls pictured previously, my estimation of age was probably a bit off but I was getting at she was most likely not a 16 or 17 year old girl either and what I gathered you guys saying most men or women did not stay in the scene that long after that age, perhaps I got that confused?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. cerneabbas

cerneabbas Well-Known Member

Clouseau.Thank you for the link to the air force jackets....i have remembered a tv programme that was shown here about 1970 the Aeronauts it was about some French air force guys it was on when i got home from school,i looked it up it was Les chevaliers du ciel,did you ever see it ?....Also was thinking that the jacket on e bay could be a copy or maybe another countries air force used the French one as a design but changed the colour ?......I was first in France in the late 70s,did the CRS guys wear leather jackets too ? or is my memory faulty ?Girls !!! when you mentioned the French skinhead look from the mid 80s it was a very distinctive image,did the French skinhead girls also have their own "identity" ? or did they dress the same as the English girls ?...

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Well-Known Member

Cerneabbas. I remember very well "Les chevaliers du ciel". It was at first a comic book, then a popular TV show that i watched when i was a kid, and they made a (not so good) movie a few years ago.
    About French "Birds", in my memory they tried to look quite like the English girls. Some of them didn't want to cut their hair too much though, and they would be looking more like sixties girls,mod like, or "two tone" girls. As i told you before, everybody in the local scene looked towards England, even if some guys developed a "french touch" in their look. About the CRS, i don't remember very well, but it is true that their uniform changed several times. I remember the motorbike policemen wore black leather jackets.

I found an interesting picture that i think has maybe not been posted before. Looks like two suedeheads, evolving from skinheads. Tatoos showing, not that common on pictures of that time. (Sorry MoM, no idea of the credits)

[​IMG]

5. cerneabbas

Has anyone else looked on the Lee original thread on here ? some great pictures including the Lee Rider 101 23 oz,the guy has them pictured standing up on their own ! I am finding my Wranglers uncomfortable after years of not wearing denim but those 23 oz must be killers.I am still not sure about the modern jeans,the "rise ",these Wrangler Ben has the waist band on my hips,i would feel more comfortable if the waistband was higher..am i old fashioned ? or do others agree ?...what jeans/style would be more suitable ?.

6. browniecj

browniecj Well-Known Member

I was 19 in `69 and I was not the only one.:)

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr twist tag

Mr twist tag Member

I live in a little village called shotgate(wickfor
    [​IMG]

Just thought you lot would appreciate a good picture!
    :)

8. Basset

Basset Well-Known Member

Plenty to choose from here http://www.oipolloi.com/shop/clothing/jeans

9. Gsvs5

Gsvs5 Well-Known Member

Sheepskins in Brighton in July !

10. albion

albion Well-Known Member

11. Man-of-Mystery

Man-of-Mystery Well-Known Member

Let's face it, the crop that is prevalent with today's Skinhead Girls* was not worn by anybody back then! :D

*certain honorable exceptions.

12. Man-of-Mystery

Indeed! :)

13. Man-of-Mystery

Great! :)

But 'mollies'? Anyone heard that term?

14. Man-of-Mystery

Some of us preferred to sacrifice comfort for style, pal! Like the blokes I sometimes saw in their shirtsleeves on a sunny day in January, showing off their latest b/d in all its glory.

Having said which, the South coast could get bloody cold, even in summer.

1 person likes this.
  15. browniecj

browniecj Well-Known Member

Interesting thing,Girls wearing Leather Coats as late as `70.Good examples of the cheap Sheepskins being worn. :)

1 person likes this.
  16. yankmod

yankmod Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post Albion.There are some pics we haven't seen here.I'm gonna post them so others don't have to weed thru.Some we've seen but these versions are better quality,[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This last one I'm not sure about even though it said 70's.
    [​IMG]

17. yankmod

yankmod Well-Known Member

Sorry about the revival pic(with the SkinBirds) It slipped past me.

18. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Well-Known Member

Thank God you hadn't heard that term, either... sounds Oirish! :satisfied:

19. cerneabbas

Clouseau.I have found copies of the French air force jacket in brown,they are made by GTH leathers and are sold by Silvermans also on Amazon for £189 which seems a good price if the quality is ok....they also do a copy of the Ma1 and the A2 and the modern German flight jacket in black ( i quite like this one the collar is very diferent )....I was hoping that the French skin girls would have had their "French touch" like the blokes that you mentioned. I remember seeing German skin girls in the 80s with the German army bread bags ( a small side pack with a strap ) for a handbag...Your Lee Rider 101s,are the Z ?

20. cerneabbas

Basset...Thanks for the link,as you say some nice looking jeans....i like the look of the Lee Rider,they didnt have them in that shop in town when i went there,i will have to get down there again.