• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Qqqqqqqqqq
@Man-of-Mystery No. Absolutey not.

Maybe it's because I'm a Canadian living in the province with one of the best pandemic responses around (So far... We'll see how badly this long weekend messed it up in another 2 weeks or so...), but watching the absolute failure of the US & UK responses to this pandemic is horrific.

All my aunts and uncles in the UK are in their 80s. Most of my cousins, their children and grandchildren live there too, and I'm under no illusion that they'll all come out of this alive.

When someone like "The Saint", who seems to live in a fact-free world, gets on a keyboard to spout unsubstantiated nonsense that would wilfully endanger other people, possibly those I love, just because he can't stay home and wants to go to the pub, you can be damn certain I'm going to be harsh.

Wow , you have really bought into the hysteria but I am not to know that you were not hysterical before hand as your forum contribution up until the last page , is paltry to say the least

If my posts upset you so much , don't read them . No one , no one is forcing you to read them (hopefully).

Vitamin D info is freely available but how do you know l am not an immunologist. .

Sweden currently has dwindling numbers of cases despite , a lack of lock down

In a move to scientific consensus free speech and debate have to be stopped which , l think is far more dangerous than mentioning the benefits of a foodstuff (vitamin D), information which is widly available making your 'unsubstainiated nonesense' not only wholly inaccurate but some sort of attempt to invalidate something that is healthy and proven to be so.

So you sir , Mr Pressurepot , are the ignoramus or at least you would prefer that other people remain uninformed . .

So far , so far all my relatives here in the UK are fine , including all the elderly ones and all my elderly neighbours. One close relative , who has a post in the NHS was sent home for a few days after testing positive and is now back on duty. I have warned my aged mother that if she does have to visit a hospital , she should not sign a DNR form.

Do you work for big pharma ? Serious question , they are the only people l can think of who would be upset by vitamin data. .

Midnight2six

Reaction score
In the UK the yearly average death toll from Flu is 600. Now that is still a lot of people.
Covid 19 UK death toll this week. 717 on Monday, 778 on Tuesday and today 761 and the day's not over yet. UK Total 12,958 as of 2hrs ago.
I can't hardly believe anyone can think this isolation is an overeaction to a few deaths and 'Well none of my relatives have it and I'm missing the pub'. Genius.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
In the UK the yearly average death toll from Flu is 600. Now that is still a lot of people.
Covid 19 UK death toll this week. 717 on Monday, 778 on Tuesday and today 761 and the day's not over yet. UK Total 12,958 as of 2hrs ago.
I can't hardly believe anyone can think this isolation is an overeaction to a few deaths and 'Well none of my relatives have it and I'm missing the pub'. Genius.

May I ask where your UK flu figure is from? I'm on your side of the debate regarding Covid-19, as it were, but I've seen significantly higher flu death rate estimates.

Cutdown69

Reaction score

A song relevant to all those stuck in their homes at the moment, taken from The Modern World album.
An album dismissed by many critics, Weller himself being one of them, but it is one of my favourite albums by the band.
Saw them the first time in 79 when I was 13, my first concert, at the Queens Hall in Leeds, it has now become a car park after the building was demolished.
My Nephew met Weller one afternoon last summer, he was outside the Hilton Hotel in Leeds, just across the road from where the venue was, and he reminisced about playing there.
Weller had just come out of the hotel gym and was having a coffee and a ***, not looking particularly stylish.

Nice one Yorky, The Jam were one of those bands (alongside the Pistols) that really turned me onto music (as well as Reggae) in the late 70's....I saw them 4 x times (first time in 1980, when my mum took me and my mate, supported by the Piranhas)
We went to find the location of This is the Modern World album cover a few years back...they've built a sports venue or something at the exact spot where the Jam were leaning, but you can get close, with the tower blocks in the distance....I love that sort of thing (did the same to The Clash 1st album, in Camden Market). I tried to get into the Pistols' old rehearsal space in Denmark Street, but the guitar shop owner wasn't having it

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice one Yorky, The Jam were one of those bands (alongside the Pistols) that really turned me onto music (as well as Reggae) in the late 70's....I saw them 4 x times (first time in 1980, when my mum took me and my mate, supported by the Piranhas)
We went to find the location of This is the Modern World album cover a few years back...they've built a sports venue or something at the exact spot where the Jam were leaning, but you can get close, with the tower blocks in the distance....I love that sort of thing (did the same to The Clash 1st album, in Camden Market). I tried to get into the Pistols' old rehearsal space in Denmark Street, but the guitar shop owner wasn't having it
Saw The Jam 12 times between 79 and 82, and even played football with them on Bridlington beach along with their road crew and mates.
I saw them with the Pirahnas in support also, they always had good support bands, including the Nips, Shane McGowans band, which didn't go down to well with Weller when the audience tried spitting at him, as they had done when the Nips were on. That's Punks for you.?

Cutdown69

Reaction score
Saw The Jam 12 times between 79 and 82, and even played football with them on Bridlington beach along with their road crew and mates.
I saw them with the Pirahnas in support also, they always had good support bands, including the Nips, Shane McGowans band, which didn't go down to well with Weller when the audience tried spitting at him, as they had done when the Nips were on. That's Punks for you.?

Great
My nan used to live in Brid....used to stay up there a lot when I was a nipper...me and my mate stayed there in about '81 or '82 and took the train to Scarborough...there was a scooter rally on and my mind was blown..never looked back
btw I live on the south coast but was born in York, have quite a few cousins there and lived there for a few years back in mid '90's.....I knocked around with a few of the scooter lads and rode a racing green SX150 for a while...also got a Vespa nicked from town centre and found burnt out in Tang hall...old bill took me to one side and gave me the guilty lads address and just said..."use a balaclava & a baseball bat"

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember the rally in 81 at Scarborough, I was on holiday with my mam and Dad for our annual 1 week holiday, it was probably August time. I was 15 by then and had been into the Mod thing for a couple of years, spending all my pocket, birthday, and Xmas money on clothes,records and cigs. I have an older brother 7 years older than me, so I got a lot of his hand me downs, Ben Sherman's, Levis Sta press, jeans and truckers etc.
I know York well, although I'm a West Yorkshire lad, and heard that Tang Hall is a bit rough. Once got locked up on a night out in York, we had a food fight in an Indian restaurant, the coppers caught us down the road carrying the sandwich board from outside the restaurant, so we could hardly deny it was us.
Didn't York scooter club provide extras for Quadrophenia?

andyf

Reaction score
Yes mate, and good they were too. Back in the days when you felt a bit sad on the way home because you thought you would never hear the like again.
Great band. Was only listening too em today. Second line up with Panther on vocals. Good, the bad and the.... nearly as good as the Gary hodges line up.

Cutdown69

Reaction score
I remember the rally in 81 at Scarborough, I was on holiday with my mam and Dad for our annual 1 week holiday, it was probably August time. I was 15 by then and had been into the Mod thing for a couple of years, spending all my pocket, birthday, and Xmas money on clothes,records and cigs. I have an older brother 7 years older than me, so I got a lot of his hand me downs, Ben Sherman's, Levis Sta press, jeans and truckers etc.
I know York well, although I'm a West Yorkshire lad, and heard that Tang Hall is a bit rough. Once got locked up on a night out in York, we had a food fight in an Indian restaurant, the coppers caught us down the road carrying the sandwich board from outside the restaurant, so we could hardly deny it was us.
Didn't York scooter club provide extras for Quadrophenia?

Tom Petch and a few of the York SC had travelled down to Brighton for the Quadrophenia filming...Tom's a real nice bloke
I got my brothers Fred Perry & DM hand me downs, when he went down the casual route...bleached denim, highlights, Lacoste polo shirts and a Ford Capri
Never ventured much out of York other than a few visits to Leeds to see bands and there was a club near the station (The Cockpit?) that had a mod kinda of night
I did a gig in the one-in 12 club in Bradford once...they sold whizz behind the bar...!

PS just head news about Norman Hunter...sad news

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads