• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

flyfronted

Reaction score
To be fair, most of them prob only get dressed up on the weekend and then dress normal in the week. Doubt the majority of them wear the kit all the time now.

Quite easy for a 50 something fella to wear 'the look ' without anyone but other participants even knowing the apple .

MonkeySpanner

Reaction score
Quite easy for a 50 something fella to wear 'the look ' without anyone but other participants even knowing the apple .

Yeah that's true, makes you stand out more when you are younger, people may age wear some pretty nasty stuff. Don't wanna know who started the trend of hoodies, trackies and skinny jeans.

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
Yeah that's true, makes you stand out more when you are younger, people may age wear some pretty nasty stuff. Don't wanna know who started the trend of hoodies, trackies and skinny jeans.
It was Flyfronted.

hellopleasehelpme

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I see "mod" in the title so...

Does anyone know how Jump the Gun harrington jackets are compared to Ben Nevis Combat harrington jackets? I recently bought a Combat harrington in small but it was incredibly baggy, especially the sleeves. I don't mind a bit of bagginess, but the Combat was just too much. Do you folks happen to know if a Jump the Gun jacket is slimmer than the Combat? I'm 5'9" (about 175 cm) and about 164 pounds. Would a 36S for the Jump the Gun jacket be okay?

MonkeySpanner

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I see "mod" in the title so...

Does anyone know how Jump the Gun harrington jackets are compared to Ben Nevis Combat harrington jackets? I recently bought a Combat harrington in small but it was incredibly baggy, especially the sleeves. I don't mind a bit of bagginess, but the Combat was just too much. Do you folks happen to know if a Jump the Gun jacket is slimmer than the Combat? I'm 5'9" (about 175 cm) and about 164 pounds. Would a 36S for the Jump the Gun jacket be okay?

Yes they are from my experience, give them a call though they should be happy to help you.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah talk to Adam at JTG. They pride themselves on top drawer customer service and will be happy to advise, provide exact measurements etc. Before you call write down the measurements of your jacket so you can compare.

Bela Kun

Reaction score
JtG Harringtons are way slimmer fitting than Combat/Ben Nevis. Merc are even slimmer than JtG (you can blouse JtG, but not Merc).

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I had never heard of that blog before, but it's really great! The article on the Italian skinhead scene is brilliant.

MonkeySpanner

Reaction score
Combat Harringtons are not that baggy to me tbh, and they are meant to be more on the baggy side considering they are golf jackets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics