• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I agree it got lost but I protest you calling the discussion "spam" ?

Will check this today and update.

I think it holds a good crease. Image shows quick fold by hand, cellphone image.

Shade appears much lighter here and darker on the product than irl.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire , any update on this statement? :)
We are working on it.
Many orders have already been shipped.

For orders for which we have received all details, I see a good possibility of they getting fulfilled this month. But, we never know, in a manual process, what comes up.

weriker

Reaction score
Because there is not much information about Luxire's jacket program available, I'd like to contribute some. In order to diversify my sources I decided to try Luxire and sent a well fitting MTM jacket for replication. I chose the machine made version with a full canvas (as well as a milanese buttonhole on the lapel). I also opted for the trial at home, which I can fully recommend (there were some issues with the collar that have been resolved). Because of unknown reasons, the finished jacket had too long sleeves, so it had to make another stop in Bangalore.

All in all the process took about 6 months (about 4 for the first iteration, then I also got the sample jacket back). The communication with Luxire has throughout been excellent, they were very helpful and did double check, if something was unclear (which I appreciate). It was great to be able to customise every aspect of the jacket (lapel shape etc.).

I'm very happy about the finished product, which is of a good workmanship and quality overall. This will not have been my last jacket by Luxire. See for yourself (fabric is Holland and Sherry, Sherry Tweed, jacket is 3r2 with roped shoulders):

IMG_9005.jpg
IMG_9009.jpg

Chrisone

Reaction score
@luxire A lot of the cheaper plaids/tartans are sold out. Some only recently during BF sale, others have been for quite a long time.

Will you get them back in? If not, will you get others? One of the things that positively separates you the most from other online MTM tailors are your huge selection of casual fabrics, not only dress shirts.

A lot of questions right now. But you missed this one, it seems.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire A lot of the cheaper plaids/tartans are sold out. Some only recently during BF sale, others have been for quite a long time.

Will you get them back in? If not, will you get others? One of the things that positively separates you the most from other online MTM tailors are your huge selection of casual fabrics, not only dress shirts.

Will review the tartan/checks scene. There are many fabrics we have in stock but are either not listed or difficult to find. Will get that sorted in a few days.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
@luxire Does your EThomas Wool Cashmere Blackwatch Tartan have a texture that feels like it's flannel? Or is it more towards a twill feeling? It's hard to tell from your website.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Does your EThomas Wool Cashmere Blackwatch Tartan have a texture that feels like it's flannel? Or is it more towards a twill feeling? It's hard to tell from your website.

Very much twill. Cell-shot below.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! So, does this cloth have the same texture and feeling as your Brisbane Moss Twill chinos?
That would be difficult to compare. This EThomas is a blend of wool and cashmere, woven to the best standards known to mankind.
The Brisbane Moss is a good quality cotton.

The tartan feels amazing. I can probably wear anything made in it almost throughout the year except on very warm days, over 30 C temperature.

weriker

Reaction score
@weriker Do you have photos of the jacket they copied as well? Would be interesting to see how closely they´ve copied the details.
Well, I didn't have the jacket exactly copied - I sent it in mostly to copy the measurements.

That said, I'll spoiler the reference jacket:
IMG_4567.jpg

What it does show you is how large the freedom of customization is, I requested changes in:
- lapel size and shape
- gorge height
- shoulder construction and padding
- skirt/open quarters
- height of buttoning point, 3r2 instead of 2 buttons

I didn't get the impression that there was a limit in customization options ;)

Daraven

Reaction score
Well, I didn't have the jacket exactly copied - I sent it in mostly to copy the measurements.

That said, I'll spoiler the reference jacket:

What it does show you is how large the freedom of customization is, I requested changes in:
- lapel size and shape
- gorge height
- shoulder construction and padding
- skirt/open quarters
- height of buttoning point, 3r2 instead of 2 buttons

I didn't get the impression that there was a limit in customization options ;)

How long did the overall process take?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads