• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shirt Royal Blue Chambray

* Button Down Collar.
* One Button Rounded Cuff.
* No Pocket.
* Boat Curve Bottom.
* Split Yoke.

#30471_1.jpg

#30471_2.jpg

#30471_3.jpg

#30471_4.jpg

WildBlueYonder

Reaction score
I remember there used to be a page on the website which had all the various collars, hems, plackets etc. with detailed measurements, but I can't seem to find it. Is it still available? I am mostly interested in the collars.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for the above. Been looking for that for a while.

Anyone else tried the 'Herringbone white cotton'? I tried it on recommendation from Woollen Hulls - Luxire Shirt Cloth Guide. Didn't like it at all; found it much too thin, doesn't drape well, and just looks saggy. I guess I like a heavier fabric, like the Soft White Twill 2/100.

Would the Warzone Oxford be a good next purchase for my likings?

GoIrish

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for the best/most versatile light-mid grey flannel trouser options for fall and winter. Like the VBC, but 9oz seems too lightweight. E. Thomas perhaps?

Tastethesoup

Reaction score

CDRiis

Reaction score
I wish Luxire would be a bit more proactive in their communications. It's basically the same story every time.
  1. Place an order
  2. Get impatient (to be fair, I'm impatient the second I confirm)
  3. Tell myself to be patient
  4. Three weeks pass
  5. Email Lux asking for a status
  6. They reply "fabric XYZ is out of stock but the rest of the order is progressing nicely"
And I'm left wondering why on earth they don't shoot me an email when they realize I've ordered something that's out of stock.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wish Luxire would be a bit more proactive in their communications. It's basically the same story every time.
  1. Place an order
  2. Get impatient (to be fair, I'm impatient the second I confirm)
  3. Tell myself to be patient
  4. Three weeks pass
  5. Email Lux asking for a status
  6. They reply "fabric XYZ is out of stock but the rest of the order is progressing nicely"
And I'm left wondering why on earth they don't shoot me an email when they realize I've ordered something that's out of stock.

I share your pain. It troubles us as much as it bothers you. Correcting this process has been on our mind. We have not found the right technical solution to it. We are toying with a couple of options these days and will hopefully close something soon.

We have a few apps that allows us to update status manually and inform the customer. What we are trying to do is add a "status ageing" process so that nothing remains stuck at any point in the cycle for want of some action.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for the best/most versatile light-mid grey flannel trouser options for fall and winter. Like the VBC, but 9oz seems too lightweight. E. Thomas perhaps?

The VBC comes in multiple weights - I have some in what I recall is about 13oz which is great.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Monti sale? what?

Italian mill, Tessitura Monti, makes some very good fabrics for shirts.

We have recently launched a new Monti collection and are offering 25% inaugural discount on these shirts. Please use coupon code MONTISALE

Limited stock on each fabric.

Excellent business shirts. Very good wrinkle performance. Nice feel, soft and comfortable. Unbelievable price of $89.99 after discount.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those of you that have resolved a satisfactory fit on your luxire garments - do you have a small tolerance to allow for shrinkage after washing garments; or do they more or less fit to your liking out of the box.

What are the most common areas that shrink/contract on shirts other than sleeve length?

henaal

Reaction score
My shirts fit good out of the box, haven't experienced shrinkage, at least not so much that I would feel it affecting the fit. I would argue that if your garments fit so slim out of the box that even small shrinkage will "ruin" them, they are most likely too tight. With sleeves there can always be a few centimeters extra, as if the cuffs are correct size they will prevent the sleeve from being too long.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those of you that have resolved a satisfactory fit on your luxire garments - do you have a small tolerance to allow for shrinkage after washing garments; or do they more or less fit to your liking out of the box.

What are the most common areas that shrink/contract on shirts other than sleeve length?

I allow for tolerances solely based on the minor variances one can expect with MTO. To prevent shrinking I wash my shirts in cold water, iron them while damp, and then hang dry. True not everyone has the time/energy for this but it works very well.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess my question stems from noticing that the shirts I unbox fit slightly different (more roomy around the waist/lower back)and feels wider around the cuff), than my previous shirt orders.

I'm not sure if that's accounted to the multiple washes (usually laundromat wash/press) of my previous shirts, or just some minor changes due to a change in pattern? I was told that pattern changing was the case for pants I ordered as I noticed a vast change in sizing between pants (Wool Rich pants vs. VBC)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads