1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Torulf

Torulf Member

Yes, I believe all my Luxire shirts have shrunk by a small fraction. I have excess fabric everywhere except much over the yoke which is perfect after a few medium washes. My measurements are my precious.

2. ezev

ezev Active Member

3. jandersson

jandersson Well-Known Member

@ezev: What's good for fall/winter depends a lot on where you're based. I'd at least make sure to get the swatch first. 9.6oz sounds rather thin to me and I doubt the cashmere makes it more robust, even if EThomas is a reputable mill. I recently ordered the 15oz EThomas Shadow Grey Woolen Flannel.

4. ezev

ezev Active Member

Ireland, relocation from
    Cali. Zero expierence with winter clothing. Thanks. I’ll check the flannels as well!

5. CDRiis

CDRiis Well-Known Member

Cashmere generally isn't fantastic for pants. It's not super durable and tends to bag. Depending on formality I'd look for heavier wool, flannel, cord and possibly tweed too.
    I have the Dugdale twill flannel in mid grey and it's been absolutely bulletproof.

6. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

7. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

On the topic of shrinking I am actually about to email Luxire, I just need to take some pictures. I ordered 4 linen shirts a few months ago, all with the same pattern and details. They all fit a little differently, no biggie, not enough to notice when seen, but enough to notice when worn. They have all been washed the same way, but now after 4-5 washes they have all shrunken significantly, and only one is still wearable.
    I have not had this problem with any other shirts though, which are all oxfords, so I guess it's down to a fabric issue.

8. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

There is just a small percent (10%) of cashmere woven into the fabric, in a manner that they feel softer and more comfortable. Something to do with weaving science. In terms of life, the EThomas flannels with last as long as the Minnis flannel, for example. These won't bag at all.

An analogy can be the lycra, that is added to different fibers for the stretch. The lycra does not touch our skin, is embedded inside the yarn, but works well for the purpose - adding stretch and thus comfort.

9. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Distinguished Member

Grey Plain T-Shirt

* Cutaway Collar.
    * One Button Rounded Cuff.
    * No Pleat.
    * Standard Pocket.
    * 3 Button Pullover Placket.
    * Straight Bottom With Side Slits.
    * Plain Yoke.
    * White Mother of Pearl Button.

#30966_1.jpg

#30966_2.jpg

#30966_3.jpg

#30966_4.jpg

10. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

Flannels are great. Get heavier ones (>9 oz) or twill weaves if you are at all rough on trousers as it's easy to wear through lightweight flannels with open weaves.

Guide here has lots of winter options http://woollenhulls.com/post/175465671341/luxire-trouser-guide

I've just tried the Drago 'rugby' flannel series and really like it.

11. jacobftww

jacobftww Well-Known Member

Has anyone else had any issues with Brisbane Moss Corduroy (10 wale) trousers? I've had mine for 8 months and they're already worn out between and on front of the thighs...

12. CDRiis

CDRiis Well-Known Member

They are great, however I'd prefer if they were a tad heavier. At least my pair can feel somewhat shapeless and sweatpant-like at times. Better for weekend, than for work I guess. Depending on how you dress obviously.
    They are very comfortable though and an infinite upgrade over sweatpants. :)

13. ezev

ezev Active Member

My work has no dress code. I just want to have warm legs and I adhere to a strict “3 pairs of jeans at any time” rule.

14. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Distinguished Member

Olive Stretchable Jeans

* Jeans Style Front Closure.
    * Jeans Style Two Rear Pockets With Stitch Details.
    * No Pleat.
    * Jeans Style With Pockets With Rivet.
    * Zip Fly.
    * Standard Belt Loop Waistband.
    * Coin Pocket.
    * Metal Buttons.

#31119_1.jpg

#31119_4.jpg

#31119_3.jpg

#31119_2.jpg

#31119_5.jpg

#31119_6.jpg

15. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

no comment on shrinkage ......but I too have had a few shirts fit different yet all w/ same order specs.........thats a bit of a bummer