1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Distinguished Member

Shirt Royal Blue Chambray

* Button Down Collar.
    * One Button Rounded Cuff.
    * No Pocket.
    * Boat Curve Bottom.
    * Split Yoke.

#30471_1.jpg

#30471_2.jpg

#30471_3.jpg

#30471_4.jpg

2. WildBlueYonder

WildBlueYonder Active Member

I remember there used to be a page on the website which had all the various collars, hems, plackets etc. with detailed measurements, but I can't seem to find it. Is it still available? I am mostly interested in the collars.

3. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

+1 for the above. Been looking for that for a while.

Anyone else tried the 'Herringbone white cotton'? I tried it on recommendation from Woollen Hulls - Luxire Shirt Cloth Guide. Didn't like it at all; found it much too thin, doesn't drape well, and just looks saggy. I guess I like a heavier fabric, like the Soft White Twill 2/100.

Would the Warzone Oxford be a good next purchase for my likings?

4. GoIrish

GoIrish Senior Member

Looking for recommendations for the best/most versatile light-mid grey flannel trouser options for fall and winter. Like the VBC, but 9oz seems too lightweight. E. Thomas perhaps?

5. cunning47

cunning47 Senior Member

Does anyone have experience with this fabric that can compare to the Brisbane Moss cotton twill?

6. CDRiis

CDRiis Well-Known Member

I wish Luxire would be a bit more proactive in their communications. It's basically the same story every time.
    1. Place an order
    2. Get impatient (to be fair, I'm impatient the second I confirm)
    3. Tell myself to be patient
    4. Three weeks pass
    5. Email Lux asking for a status
    6. They reply "fabric XYZ is out of stock but the rest of the order is progressing nicely"
    And I'm left wondering why on earth they don't shoot me an email when they realize I've ordered something that's out of stock.

7. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I share your pain. It troubles us as much as it bothers you. Correcting this process has been on our mind. We have not found the right technical solution to it. We are toying with a couple of options these days and will hopefully close something soon.

We have a few apps that allows us to update status manually and inform the customer. What we are trying to do is add a "status ageing" process so that nothing remains stuck at any point in the cycle for want of some action.

8. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The Monti Sale ends Midnight-EST, tomorrow, Friday.

9. SimonC

SimonC Distinguished Member

The VBC comes in multiple weights - I have some in what I recall is about 13oz which is great.

10. boot_owl

boot_owl Senior Member

There's a Monti sale? what?

11. SimonC

SimonC Distinguished Member

12. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

To those of you that have resolved a satisfactory fit on your luxire garments - do you have a small tolerance to allow for shrinkage after washing garments; or do they more or less fit to your liking out of the box.

What are the most common areas that shrink/contract on shirts other than sleeve length?

13. henaal

henaal Member

My shirts fit good out of the box, haven't experienced shrinkage, at least not so much that I would feel it affecting the fit. I would argue that if your garments fit so slim out of the box that even small shrinkage will "ruin" them, they are most likely too tight. With sleeves there can always be a few centimeters extra, as if the cuffs are correct size they will prevent the sleeve from being too long.

14. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

I allow for tolerances solely based on the minor variances one can expect with MTO. To prevent shrinking I wash my shirts in cold water, iron them while damp, and then hang dry. True not everyone has the time/energy for this but it works very well.

15. 1up

1up Distinguished Member

I guess my question stems from noticing that the shirts I unbox fit slightly different (more roomy around the waist/lower back)and feels wider around the cuff), than my previous shirt orders.

I'm not sure if that's accounted to the multiple washes (usually laundromat wash/press) of my previous shirts, or just some minor changes due to a change in pattern? I was told that pattern changing was the case for pants I ordered as I noticed a vast change in sizing between pants (Wool Rich pants vs. VBC)