• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Megakurth

Reaction score
Just as an aside, as there has been a lot of negativity here, I have noticed that since they’ve posted and explained some of their recent challenges and it seem they are on track, Communication has certainly improved and I am feeling much more confident around timelines and my next set of orders.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, that's the problem. I'm going for a higher rise due to my unfortunate built (tiny waist, large hips) and find that pleats add a certain comfort. Simultaneously, I have a hard time wearing trousers with creases and full fits outside the office and prefer flat fronts as to not stand out too much in public.

I can try high rise + darts and if it looks silly, the cost of a pair of trial pants isn't that big of a deal anway. Thanks for all the great suggestions!
I guess we have different ideas of what’s considered a full cut, but I’d argue you need some added volume throughout the legs to go with the higher rise regardless. Depending on your taste you could probably have the trousers tapered quite a lot, whether that’s a look you like or not is another thing.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spaceman88: I believe it’s quite uncommon to fuse the collarband? I believe it’s because a fused fabric breathes worse. Collar bands are usually made with stiffer lining though.

Most people probably wouldn’t line the collar either. I mostly go for fused collar leafs because I find ironing unfused collars a pain and Luxire can make even fused collars soft enough for my taste.

This topic has been discussed many times in this thread so do a search before you decide what to order.

so many variations exist........and its so subjective...........Id try linings that are unfused, before you go fusing. Ask or tell Lux what your goals are...

emptym

Reaction score
This is an extremely useful suggestion. My favourite flat front plants all have these.
Thanks. That's great. RTW or custom? Would you mind sharing the maker names and maybe pics?

See, that's the problem. I'm going for a higher rise due to my unfortunate built (tiny waist, large hips) and find that pleats add a certain comfort. Simultaneously, I have a hard time wearing trousers with creases and full fits outside the office and prefer flat fronts as to not stand out too much in public.

I can try high rise + darts and if it looks silly, the cost of a pair of trial pants isn't that big of a deal anway. Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Very good. I was going to say that if you don't want to iron creases in them, I'd definitely go with darts instead of pleats.

Ordering shirts from Luxire for the second time - Sky Blue Summer Chambray and Vista Blue Dress Stripes. My first order was a single OCBD, this time going for Barba spread collar on both. Please, could someone advice if should go for the fused or unfused collar? I am definitely going for a fused collar band. Also, should it be soft or medium interlining? I do not wear ties usually. Thanks
@spaceman88: I believe it’s quite uncommon to fuse the collarband? I believe it’s because a fused fabric breathes worse. Collar bands are usually made with stiffer lining though.

Most people probably wouldn’t line the collar either. I mostly go for fused collar leafs because I find ironing unfused collars a pain and Luxire can make even fused collars soft enough for my taste...
Yep, fwiw, I would never get a fused collar band. But I do like light fusing for shirts that a I wear w/ ties.

CDRiis

Reaction score
Ordering shirts from Luxire for the second time - Sky Blue Summer Chambray and Vista Blue Dress Stripes. My first order was a single OCBD, this time going for Barba spread collar on both. Please, could someone advice if should go for the fused or unfused collar? I am definitely going for a fused collar band. Also, should it be soft or medium interlining? I do not wear ties usually. Thanks

I'd just go with the default from Lux until you have a better feel for what you like and you want. At the end of the day it comes down to taste - there are wrong choices for sure, but within reason, it doesn't make a huge difference.

One thing to note though is that if you use a dry cleaner, they typically don't get a fantastic result with unfused collars (at least that's my experience with the dry cleaners I've used).

emptym

Reaction score
On the topic of trousers: I'm putting together a trouser cloth guide, to go with the shirt guide.
I'd especially welcome thoughts from the Luxire 'power users' who are sometimes on this thread (@patliean1 @emptym @taxgenius @NOBD @SimonC @CruzAzul @DavidLane @sugarbutch etc ) but appreciate we're all busy people. Cheers!
Sorry it's taken so long, but here's pics of my Luxire pants.

The top pair are the first pair of pants Luxire ever made, iirc, based on a pair of Ambrosis I sent in. They're made of some kind of rayon blend that's machine washable and super comfortable. I don't know if they're on the site, but I love them for pretty casual wear. Lower pair is the wool-rich khaki, which is good but a bit wrinkle-prone for use w/ a coat and tie imo.
IMG_3114.jpg

Two pairs of cotton twill from fabric bought in Kamuning, Manila. If anyone has some good recs for similar fabrics, I'd love to know. These have single forward pleats and cuffs, and I'd like to get flat fronts, uncuffed for casual wear, particularly in khaki, and ideally in something like 65% cotton, 34 poly, 1% lycra:
IMG_3113.jpg

Minnis fresco, top to bottom: 10oz, 2-ply medium gray; 8/9 oz, high twist medium gray; 8/9 oz, high twist light gray. The 10 oz is very hearty. All my pants are unlined, but these are the one pair I sometimes wish was lined in the front, not for comfort, but warmth. When it's hot, I wear the 8/9 oz pairs, flannels when cold, and these when it's cool. But wind goes right through them. The 8/9 oz pairs are excellent in the heat. Possibly better than linen. Very durable too. But I don't have a suit in 8/9 oz. I'm told jackets in that fabric wilt a bit. I do have suits in the 10 oz and love them:
IMG_3115 2.jpg

Minnis flannels, light and medium gray. The perfect winter fabric:
IMG_3117.jpg

Last but not least are two ecru linens, the natural lightweights and heavy vintage hopsack. Both are great, but the heavies are probably my favorite pants from any maker. I got them with 1.75" regular hems and usually wear them rolled up once. I occasionally iron the lightweights and leave them unrolled/uncuffed for tropical "formal" wear w/ a Hawaiian shirt or Guayabera.
IMG_3118.jpg

sid11111

Reaction score
Thanks. That's great. RTW or custom? Would you mind sharing the maker names and maybe pics?

Very good. I was going to say that if you don't want to iron creases in them, I'd definitely go with darts instead of pleats.

It's a Isaia Aquaspider pair that I just happen to be wearing today. 20180730_084630.jpg

Apologies for the offensive photo. I never realised why some of my higher rise flat fronts fit better than others until your post. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

I also have a pair of Uniqlo U seersucker trousers with this feature which fits extremely well.

http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men-uniqlo-u-seersucker-wide-pants-1934270006.html

CorozoButton

Reaction score
NOTE: Review has been revised after hearing feedback that it came across fairly negatively. That wasn't my intention, and I have been more careful. If you're looking for a TL;DR, I would say that the construction is absolutely fantastic, the fit is very, very good, and the details were mainly followed but not entirely. I would order again and whilst my experience would say avoid ordering anything you need for a specific date, if you don't have a deadline, I would highly recommend Luxire for a suit.

So here is the full review of the suit I ordered from Luxire. This might be a long one. I may update this as I hear back from CS. Also sorry if the pictures aren't the best quality.

The first thing I should probably say is: Yes, I know that stylistically speaking, this is not what one may consider a ‘SF Approved’ suit. I will not be going to post this in the good taste thread, and I am under no illusion that it isn’t a little ridiculous. I have always expected to have at least one absurd commission, and when the Luxire offer for the suit for the price of the jacket came in March, I felt that this was a great opportunity. I have been through some body changes and needed a summer suit for weddings etc, but more on that later. The fabric is Minnis Fresco Lite. The suit is also lined. Another disclaimer, I will say the lined fresco was a conscious choice, and I do understand why many of you will see that as an odd decision. This review isn’t about the overall aesthetic of the suit, but rather the job Luxire have done in fit/construction/following details/customer service. I will point out the very specific instances where my requests weren’t met, but otherwise it is safe to assume that I did ask for the specific styling and details.

Ordering/Process/Shipping

This has been documented several times in this thread. Unfortunately, there were a lot of issues here. I don’t think it’s worth going over all the details again, but there were a lot of delays. I was also given a fair amount of contradicting information, and also feel I was misled/lied to at points. The original quote was 1 week to source fabric, and 2 to construct. This turned in to months and months. As mentioned above, this was ordered as a summer suit for weddings and events/parties. I didn’t own a summer suit before this and managed to make do whilst the delays were going on with odd jacket/trousers. Unfortunately the time came recently when I had a wedding that required a suit. I really couldn’t have expected months of delays, and for the suit to have taken 4 or 5 times the quoted lead time, so I had to buy something OTR, which is certainly not something I had budgeted for. It was only when this occurred and after so many delays with different and sometimes contradicting excuses that I decided to initiate a chargeback (I had mentioned this to Luxire prior to it happening), in order to try and cover having to buy another suit, which is not something I could really afford. Up until this point, Luxire were very clear that there was to be no compensation/partial refund. After this was initiated, we were able to come to an agreement. I won’t give the specifics, and it seems not to be fully resolved right now. I really wish it didn’t come down to this, I really do. It was in fact the first time I have ever initiated a chargeback in my entire life, and hopefully something I never feel I need to do again. The suit eventually arrived last week. I don’t think the actual deal has been 100% finalised from what I can tell (haven’t heard back from CS in a few days) and I wouldn’t post details anyway, but I hope we will be able to work something out.

Shipping was quick, as it has always been, arriving here in the UK two days later. Obviously the suit was creased, but that is what I expected, as Luxire offer fantastic shipping pricing and need to keep the costs down, so a small-ish box is required. The jacket came in a fairly cheap garment bag, which isn’t an issue at all, as I wasn’t expecting any garment bag whatsoever, and the trousers in plastic wrap as they normally are.

Following Details

The majority of the details were followed correctly. I requested for the lapels to be 0.5cm wider than the jacket I sent in for size replication. They however made them 0.5 smaller. Obviously, they’re still not small, but the aim was for it to be an OTT Get To Hell Pitti-esque suit, with the Ghurka fastening and the purple fabric/peak lapels. Luxire also advertised the new suit program stating ‘get the exact lapel width you want’. This is a shame, because unlike something like buttonholes/fit issues (which I’ll come to shortly), this can’t be changed. The strange thing is that they sent me an in progress pic, where the facings hadn’t been applied, but I could see the back of the lapel shape had been cut, and it was in fact the correct width. They trimmed it down later for some reason. Perhaps this is standard practise, and I do understand there must be some sort of allowance on the seam. Here is that in progress picture:

upload_2018-7-30_12-38-32.png

Also, I specifically requested that the centre of the last buttonhole be 1.25” from the edge of the cuff, and they are in fact more like 1.9” or so. It seems picky, but it’s the sort of thing that makes me anxious about re-ordering, as I wonder what details they could get wrong next time. I feel the finishing of this jacket may have been rushed, which I will go in to later.

I also requested dark brown horn buttons, and sent the following picture for reference:

upload_2018-7-30_12-39-9.png

Luxire used what I would say was a medium brown, matte button. These have since been switched out and aren’t in the photos. It turns out that these are what Luxire call dark brown. I understand that this is how they define them, but they do look quite different in both shade and finish (matte vs polished) from the image I supplied. I feel that perhaps Luxire should have emailed to let me know that these were the closest buttons they had. This isn’t the end of the world, and they can easily be changed (and have been - I also decided to go with a corozo in the end anyway), unlike the lapel/cuff buttonhole issues. For potential future orders, I may consider sending my own buttons over (considering I was planning on CMT anyway).

I was dealing exclusively with Paddy up until the end of the construction. We had discussed the details at length. I believe he then went on leave and that was when the lapel was cut down and the buttonholes were cut. I think there may have bee a mix up when a different member of staff was handed this to look after.

Otherwise, I think all instructions were followed well. I had some fairly specific ones, like the pleated patch hip pockets, which they absolutely nailed. The Spalla Camicia, which perhaps slightly OTT, was done very true to the reference picture I sent, so i cannot fault them on that.

Fit

upload_2018-7-30_12-39-53.png

upload_2018-7-30_12-40-47.png

upload_2018-7-30_12-40-18.png

upload_2018-7-30_12-41-2.png

upload_2018-7-30_12-41-24.png

upload_2018-7-30_12-41-43.png

I think they did pretty well here. I had a trouser pattern already that we modified slightly, but what they did with the jacket was very, very good except for some collar roll. My tailor over here who has the jacket at the moment to fix the roll says it’s due to my square shoulders not being properly compensated for. Here is a picture from the tailor of about 1cm of collar roll pinned up.

upload_2018-7-30_12-42-4.png

The sleeve pitch is good, as is the general shape. I also favour a lower button stance and that’s something they got exact to the millimetre as far as I can tell. I am getting the collar roll sorted here.

Construction

I’m not a tailor. As mentioned in previous posts, and as I will come to shortly, I have had a tailor redo the buttonholes on this suit, and add a Milanese to the lapel (getting the Milanese done here was always the plan). He works for some of the most renowned houses on the Row, and to quote him, the suit is ‘exceptionally well made’ and he ‘can’t fault the construction or attention to detail’. I trust him implicitly on this, and from what I can tell, agree fully. This, wasn’t the ‘fully handmade’ option, but the full canvas offering. That being said, I think there are no shortage of made to measure and bespoke options that cost over double/triple the price of this that wouldn’t meet this quality of construction. I don’t think I can fault anything about it, except the buttonholes.

This has been mentioned in this thread recently, but I feel these were a bit of a let down. Here is a picture of before:

upload_2018-7-30_12-42-27.png

And pictures of after my guy redid them:

upload_2018-7-30_12-42-37.png

upload_2018-7-30_12-42-44.png

Bonus Milanese Shot:

upload_2018-7-30_12-43-12.png

He also said that whilst he thought the front buttonholes were very poor handmade buttons, when he unpicked them he found that they were handmade buttonholes, with a machine made one done over the top. I’d really like Luxire to sort this, and I feel I’m fortunate to know someone who is able to rectify this issue for me. Although replacing all the buttonholes isn’t exactly cheap. Whilst the new buttonholes are absolutely beautiful, I would have been absolutely fine with a regular machine made RTW buttonhole that you would find at SuitSupply etc, and will probably request that on any potential future orders.

After I initiated the aforementioned chargeback, Luxire sent me a photo of the ‘finished’ jacket to say they could ship it. Upon reviewing those photos now, it seems that if I look carefully, the sleeves were unfinished and also the front buttons weren’t done (I can tell this because the buttons appear to be in the wrong place on the image they supplied, so perhaps they were loosely pinned on). Customer Service told me that the buttons look like they’re in the wrong place due to the size of the mannequin. I’ve attached the photo here. I believe they weren’t honest here. Here is that picture:

upload_2018-7-30_12-43-48.png

I do feel as though I have some trust issues with Luxire, but I hope they will be put to rest shortly.

I still feel that Luxire have a long way to go with transparency, and are still being far too optimistic about their delivery times. Not that long ago they were on here saying shirts were now back to normal lead times. My order for a single shirt placed 18 days ago still hasn’t shipped. As I’ve always said, this isn’t an unreasonable amount of time to make a shirt, but if you are the ones who overestimate your capacities, you have to take responsibility for under-delivering on those claims.

Conclusion

The construction is absolutely excellent. The fit is very good with only the collar roll/square shoulders issue. If we talk about the final product and put aside the issues with all the delays, and the couple of details that weren't followed, it's great.

Everything else is fantastic. Once again, delays aside, I know Luxire can create a well fitting and constructed suit, because I have one now. I know Luxire can make nice looking buttonholes, because I have seen them on the suits of others. I also know Luxire can follow details and requests, because it has happened to many others in the past, and continues to do so. I think it’s just a case of really keeping the consistency and QC up.

So, would I order again? Yes, but I certainly wouldn’t order something that is required for a particular time, even if that is many months away. I would also request that all buttonholes are standard, machine made ones. I think I would want to see a few months of consistent buttonholes posted on here before I would be confident getting them to do them for me again.

Last edited:

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean this in the most respectful way possible:

I would never sign you as a client.

Holy cow, are you difficult to please. Much of what you're saying has basis but I mean...
So here is the full review of the suit I ordered from Luxire. This might be a long one. I may update this as I hear back from CS. Also sorry if the pictures aren't the best quality.

The first thing I should probably say is: Yes, I know that stylistically speaking, this is not what one may consider a ‘SF Approved’ suit. I will not be going to post this in the good taste thread, and I am under no illusion that it isn’t a little ridiculous. I have always expected to have at least one absurd commission, and when the Luxire offer for the suit for the price of the jacket came in March, I felt that this was a great opportunity. I have been through some body changes and needed a summer suit for weddings etc, but more on that later. The fabric is Minnis Fresco Lite. The suit is also lined. Another disclaimer, I will say the lined fresco was a conscious choice, and I do understand why many of you will see that as an odd decision. This review isn’t about the overall aesthetic of the suit, but rather the job Luxire have done in fit/construction/following details/customer service. I will point out the very specific instances where my requests weren’t met, but otherwise it is safe to assume that I did ask for the specific styling and details.

Ordering/Process/Shipping

This has been documented several times in this thread. Unfortunately, there were a lot of issues here. I don’t think it’s worth going over all the details again, but there were a lot of delays. I was also given a fair amount of contradicting information, and also feel I was misled/lied to at points. The original quote was 1 week to source fabric, and 2 to construct. This turned in to months and months. As mentioned above, this was ordered as a summer suit for weddings and events/parties. I didn’t own a summer suit before this and managed to make do whilst the delays were going on with odd jacket/trousers. Unfortunately the time came recently when I had a wedding that required a suit. I really couldn’t have expected months of delays, and for the suit to have taken 4 or 5 times the quoted lead time, so I had to buy something OTR, which is certainly not something I had budgeted for. It was only when this occurred and after so many delays with different and sometimes contradicting excuses that I decided to initiate a chargeback (I had mentioned this to Luxire prior to it happening), in order to try and cover having to buy another suit, which is not something I could really afford. Up until this point, Luxire were very clear that there was to be no compensation/partial refund. After this was initiated, we were able to come to an agreement. I won’t give the specifics, and it seems not to be fully resolved right now. I really wish it didn’t come down to this, I really do. It was in fact the first time I have ever initiated a chargeback in my entire life, and hopefully something I never feel I need to do again. The suit eventually arrived last week. I don’t think the actual deal has been 100% finalised from what I can tell (haven’t heard back from CS in a few days) and I wouldn’t post details anyway, but I hope we will be able to work something out.

Shipping was quick, as it has always been, arriving here in the UK two days later. Obviously the suit was creased, but that is what I expected, as Luxire offer fantastic shipping pricing and need to keep the costs down, so a small-ish box is required. The jacket came in a fairly cheap garment bag, which isn’t an issue at all, as I wasn’t expecting any garment bag whatsoever, and the trousers in plastic wrap as they normally are.

Following Details

This is perhaps where one of the biggest disappointments is for me. I requested for the lapels to be 0.5cm wider than the jacket I sent in for size replication. They however made them 0.5 smaller. Obviously, they’re still not small, but the aim was for it to be an OTT Get To Hell Pitti-esque suit, with the Ghurka fastening and the purple fabric/peak lapels. Luxire also advertised the new suit program stating ‘get the exact lapel width you want’. This is a shame, because unlike something like buttonholes/fit issues (which I’ll come to shortly), this can’t be changed. The strange thing is that they sent me an in progress pic, where the facings hadn’t been applied, but I could see the back of the lapel shape had been cut, and it was in fact the correct width. They trimmed it down later for some reason. Perhaps this is standard practise, and I do understand there must be some sort of allowance on the seam. Here is that in progress picture:

View attachment 1011372

Also, I specifically requested that the centre of the last buttonhole be 1.25” from the edge of the cuff, and they are in fact more like 1.9” or so. It seems picky, but it’s the sort of thing that makes me anxious about re-ordering, as I wonder what details they could get wrong next time. I feel the finishing of this jacket was extremely rushed, which I will go in to later.

I also requested dark brown horn buttons, and sent the following picture for reference:

View attachment 1011373

Luxire used what I would say was a medium brown, matte button. These have since been switched out and aren’t in the photos. It turns out that these are what Luxire call dark brown. I understand that this is how they define them, but they do look quite different in both shade and finish (matte vs polished) from the image I supplied. I feel that perhaps Luxire should have emailed to let me know that these were the closest buttons they had. This isn’t the end of the world, and they can easily be changed (and have been - I also decided to go with a corozo in the end anyway), unlike the lapel/cuff buttonhole issues. For potential future orders, I may consider sending my own buttons over (considering I was planning on CMT anyway).

I was dealing exclusively with Paddy up until the end of the construction. We had discussed the details at length. I believe he then went on leave and that was when the lapel was cut down and the buttonholes were incorrectly cut. I think there may have bee a mix up when a different member of staff was handed this to look after.

Otherwise, I think all instructions were followed well. I had some fairly specific ones, like the pleated patch hip pockets, which they absolutely nailed. The Spalla Camicia, which perhaps slightly OTT, was done very true to the reference picture I sent, so i cannot fault them on that.

Fit

View attachment 1011375

View attachment 1011377

View attachment 1011376

View attachment 1011378
View attachment 1011379
View attachment 1011380

I think they did pretty well here. I had a trouser pattern already that we modified slightly, but what they did with the jacket was good except for some collar roll. My tailor over here who has the jacket at the moment to fix the roll says it’s due to my square shoulders not being properly compensated for. Here is a picture from the tailor of about 1cm of collar roll pinned up.

View attachment 1011381

The sleeve pitch is good, as is the general shape. I also favour a lower button stance and that’s something they got exact to the millimetre as far as I can tell. I am getting the collar roll sorted here, as after the time this has taken, I am certainly not willing to ship this back to Luxire.

Construction

I’m not a tailor. As mentioned in previous posts, and as I will come to shortly, I have had a tailor redo the buttonholes on this suit, and add a Milanese to the lapel (getting the Milanese done here was always the plan). He works for some of the most renowned houses on the Row, and to quote him, the suit is ‘exceptionally well made’ and he ‘can’t fault the construction or attention to detail’. I trust him implicitly on this, and from what I can tell, agree fully. This, wasn’t the ‘fully handmade’ option, but the full canvas offering. That being said, I think there are no shortage of made to measure and bespoke options that cost over double/triple the price of this that wouldn’t meet this quality of construction. I don’t think I can fault anything about it, except…

The Buttonholes

This has been mentioned in this thread recently, but I feel these really let the suit down. Here is a picture of before:

View attachment 1011382

And pictures of after my guy redid them:

View attachment 1011383
View attachment 1011384

Bonus Milanese Shot:

View attachment 1011386

He also said that whilst he thought the front buttonholes were very poor handmade buttons, when he unpicked them he found that they were handmade buttonholes, with a machine made one done over the top. They were pretty horrible. I’d really like Luxire to sort this, and I feel I’m fortunate to know someone who is able to rectify this issue for me. Although replacing all the buttonholes isn’t exactly cheap. The collar roll is a little disappointing, but I figure if that’s the only fit alteration that needs to be done, I can’t really complain, as I don’t quite thing it would be reasonable to expect Luxire to nail everything 100% first time. As such, I was prepared to spend a little on alterations once it arrived (or pay to ship back to Luxire for free alterations). I wasn’t counting on feeling like I had to pay to redo the buttonholes though. Whilst the new buttonholes are absolutely beautiful, I would have been absolutely fine with a regular machine made RTW buttonhole that you would find at SuitSupply etc, and will probably request that on any potential future orders.

After I initiated the aforementioned chargeback, Luxire sent me a photo of the ‘finished’ jacket to say they could ship it. Upon reviewing those photos now, it seems that if I look carefully, the sleeves were unfinished and also the front buttons weren’t done (I can tell this because the buttons appear to be in the wrong place on the image they supplied, so perhaps they were loosely pinned on). Customer Service told me that the buttons look like they’re in the wrong place due to the size of the mannequin. I’ve attached the photo here. I believe they weren’t honest here. Here is that picture:

View attachment 1011387

I can only assume that they sent this photo to try and save losing the money/customer and then finished them in a rush afterwards. Whilst they were in a tough position, I feel this is dishonest and they could have said that they just had the buttonholes to do. Considering (as I explained to them), the chargeback was initiated due to it getting to the stage where I had to buy another suit as this one was now 100% too late, the extra day or two to take the time over this would have been appreciated, as it’s now cost me a fair bit more just to get buttonholes that don’t look like they were done blindfolded. This certainly isn’t the only time I feel Luxire haven’t been exactly honest with me during this order.

I still feel that Luxire have a long way to go with transparency, and are still being far too optimistic about their delivery times. Not that long ago they were on here saying shirts were now back to normal lead times. My order for a single shirt placed 18 days ago still hasn’t shipped. As I’ve always said, this isn’t an unreasonable amount of time to make a shirt, but if you are the ones who overestimate your capacities, you have to take responsibility for under-delivering on those claims.

Conclusion

I feel I’m in a little bit of a difficult position. The arrangement Luxire and I came to was based on me receiving the suit with the specification I requested, and not with buttonholes so bad I felt they had to be redone. I do wish it had the larger requested lapels, they were a very important detail to me. I don’t think Luxire will be happy to offer any further discount, so I worry that whatever happens, one of us will feel slightly hard done by on this.

The construction is absolutely excellent. The fit is very good aside from the collar roll/square shoulders issue. If we talk about the final product and put aside the issues with all the delays, all that has let the suit down is the incorrectly sized lapels, incorrectly placed sleeve buttonholes, some collar roll, and the buttonhole finishing. There is also the issue of what I consider to be a fairly stark difference in buttons requested and received, but since that is so easily rectified, I feel it’s a bit unfair to consider it a real negative, and as mentioned above, would have appreciated a courtesy email just to let me know. If the suit hadn’t taken so long, and I hadn’t lost all faith in getting it back in a timely manner, I would sent back to Luxire for the collar roll issue.

Everything else is fantastic. Once again, delays aside, I know Luxire can create a well fitting and constructed suit, because I have one now. I know Luxire can make nice looking buttonholes, because I have seen them on the suits of others. I also know Luxire can follow details and requests, because it has happened to many others in the past, and continues to do so. I think it’s just a case of really keeping the consistency and QC up.

So, would I order again? I think so, but I certainly wouldn’t order something that is required for a particular time, even if that is many months away. I would also request that all buttonholes are standard, machine made ones. Luxire said I will see an improvement on future orders, but didn’t offer any explanation as to how these passed QC, or how they are improving this. I think I would want to see a few months of consistent buttonholes posted on here before I would be confident getting them to do them for me again. I would also be very vigilant in triple checking the spec with Luxire before it ships.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
I mean this in the most respectful way possible:

I would never sign you as a client.

Holy cow, are you difficult to please.

Mind if I ask which bits you feel are unreasonable? Delivery/delays aside, I feel the only issues are the bits where details weren't followed, and the buttonholes. I did mention that I expected to pay a bit for alterations, so the collar roll is fair, and it would have been nice to have had an e-mail if Luxire didn't have polished dark brown horn buttons, but am fine sorting that myself.

I do feel I was quite clear in saying that overall construction and fit was good though, but maybe this isn't the case?

I get that it may seem quite critical, but I feel that a lot of SF users and Luxire customers are very in to 'details', as is often the case with menswear enthusiasts, which is perhaps why I pointed everything out.

As mentioned, I trust the guy who gave me his assessment of the quality of the construction. If I personally had the knowledge to explain in detail why it was so brilliant, I would have, but I'm not a tailor and can't articulate this.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind if I ask which bits you feel are unreasonable? Delivery/delays aside, I feel the only issues are the bits where details weren't followed, and the buttonholes. I did mention that I expected to pay a bit for alterations, so the collar roll is fair, and it would have been nice to have had an e-mail if Luxire didn't have polished dark brown horn buttons, but am fine sorting that myself.

I do feel I was quite clear in saying that overall construction and fit was good though, but maybe this isn't the case?

I get that it may seem quite critical, but I feel that a lot of SF users and Luxire customers are very in to 'details', as is often the case with menswear enthusiasts, which is perhaps why I pointed everything out.

As mentioned, I trust the guy who gave me his assessment of the quality of the construction. If I personally had the knowledge to explain in detail why it was so brilliant, I would have, but I'm not a tailor and can't articulate this.
To me, if I had a world-class tailor validate the work, that would make up for much of which you find fault with. Like the last button hole being a bit further from the sleeve end. Maybe it's just me. The suit looks incredible on you and the lapels look ott get to hell to me. I mean seriously smashing. You look like a freaking model.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
To me, if I had a world-class tailor validate the work, that would make up for much of which you find fault with. Like the last button hole being a bit further from the sleeve end. Maybe it's just me. The suit looks incredible on you and the lapels look ott get to hell to me. I mean seriously smashing. You look like a freaking model.
Thanks for the response.

I do understand what you're saying. I don't think I made a huge deal out of the last buttonhole, I just said that since it was very clearly written down on the details sheet I sent, it made me a bit anxious about what details could be missed in future orders. I do think that if something was specifically requested, however minor, and it wasn't met, the detail should be included in the review. To me, the last buttonhole isn't that important, but to somebody else it may be.

I feel I can point out that a detail wasn't followed and say that the construction was brilliant in the same review. I don't think they cancel each other out, they're separate details.

Customer X may only care about aesthetic details being 100% correct, and isn't particularly bothered by construction. Customer Y may not care at all about details, and just want 'a suit', but the best made one.

I have redone the review. There are many, many positives about this, and I feel like maybe I haven't articulated them well enough.

PS. Thank you for the model comment!

Last edited:

jandersson

Reaction score
@buddyfuzz: While it's unfortunate that you're experience was far from ideal, the end result looks fantastic and most of the issues can possibly be eliminated for subsequent orders (like mine). Your suit significantly raised my expectations for what to expect when my suit eventually gets delivered.

I agree that many of the problems you experienced were handled poorly. However, many of them could at least partly be attributed to your expectations being too high. Don't get me wrong, I agree that Luxire often promises more than they can deliver. Unless you've done business with them before, or closely followed this thread, there's no way you could have appropriate expectations.

I'm in the same situation, but unlike you, I expected this to take months and don't want my suit to be one of the first made within the new program. In fact, I'd rather wait and learn from braver early adopters like yourself. Thank you for sharing your review, it helps the rest of us decide how to proceed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads