• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Quesjac

Reaction score
can I ask about collar and neck band....

lined and or fused?

any more complete pics of slacks!

I'll try to get you a photo of the trousers when I can. They're pretty standard but I do like the cloth.

For the collar I don't know what the construction is precisely as I prefer to describe the results I'd like and let the tailors decide on the method. But I think it's a fused collar band and an unfused collar. It stays up but the collar itself is soft.

This is what I ask for:
a collar like a dress shirt with a stiff collarband and medium weight collar points so the collar does not collapse under a jacket
I think I borrowed this formula from someone else on this thread some years ago.

ezev

Reaction score
yup...great fit overall

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll take .5" off the thigh, .25" off the knee.

Here was Luxire's feedback:
Thanks for the email. The trousers look good. We can certainly slim down the thigh and knee, however.
I'd take 0.75 cm off the thigh measurement and 0.5 cm off the knee measurement.
I'd also reduce the back length at the waist 1 cm.
You could also decrease the length of the trousers (at the front) a little. We could give it a slanted hem, and reduce it at the front by 1 cm.

My first pairs are going to be some EThomas wool/cashmere twill trousers in mid gray and navy.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll try to get you a photo of the trousers when I can. They're pretty standard but I do like the cloth.

For the collar I don't know what the construction is precisely as I prefer to describe the results I'd like and let the tailors decide on the method. But I think it's a fused collar band and an unfused collar. It stays up but the collar itself is soft.

This is what I ask for:

I think I borrowed this formula from someone else on this thread some years ago.

awesome

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately i have not found a brand that fits me, all have unflattering profiles. The best so far are the Lacoste, but i am not overly fond of the logo. And alot of the brands that might work costs in the area of $150-200 and then i am actually better off buying a custom fit from Luxire :)

y not just tell Lux you want a traditional polo a la lacoste or POLO

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Luxire's shipping be dramatically worse this year than years past? My last order took 6 weeks to process 3 shirts and a pair of pants. One of those shirts ripped after one wash and Friday will be 7 weeks since I made the replacement order, still unfulfilled.

I used to see under 3 weeks when ordering a few shirts... just seems crazy to think it has more than doubled for a single shirt.

Last edited:

star656

Reaction score
Just in case you'd like an update on my order I mentioned above. Last Friday was when I was told it would be tight, but could ship Saturday (the next day). They said that the reason for the most recent delay was the sleeve shirring didn't match the picture I sent, so they had to recut the sleeves.

Yesterday, I e-mailed saying that since it was supposed to be tight shipping on Saturday, and it was now Tuesday, could I assume it may ship that day, and I was told:

'Sorry, I did mean to email you. Your jacket was completed by the tailors just weren't happy. We are going to make your suit fully canvassed, the German interlining we purchased for the 1/2 canvas jackets hasn't worked well with some fabrics. I'll update you in 2 days.'

The problem with this is that my suit was always meant to be full canvas. I paid the $100 for the upgrade and it was clearly marked in the notes/details (right at the top).

I have no idea what the hell is going on. Either Luxire were about to send me a half canvas suit for a full canvas order, or they're just trying to pull out any excuses they can. Or possibly nobody at Luxire knows what's happening. This is similar to a few weeks ago when I was told they had a just hired a new tailor so they can resume work on the suit, only to be told the next week that they were in the final stages of hiring a new tailor.

The only explanations that I can see are that it's a total mess at Luxire and they don't know what's happening, or they're just lying in order justify the aforementioned mess.
Thank you for providing the feedback. I will add some timeline comments as well regarding jackets.

~ late June: I had sent in an order (duplication with minor changes) for an unlined jacket and was quoted 2-3 weeks for fabric, and 4-6 weeks for production.
+1 week: They received the jacket after I shipped via their prepaid service.
+2 weeks: I read some of these comments regarding out of stock fabrics and late notification. I knew the fabric I was interested in was 'low stock' at Huddersfield's public site and when I checked again it was out, though they had restocked others I'd be fine as a replacement. I inquired as to availability on Thursday or Friday.
+3 weeks: Received a response Monday AM that they were 'checking' availability...shouldn't this have already been done in the week since they had received the jacket? They did confirm the original timeline was accurate. Tuesday received notice it was out of stock till first week August and they would have the fabric end of August (certainly sounds >2-3 weeks to me even with the out of stock fabric). I responded immediately to order a similar fabric in the same line that was clearly in stock so we could get the order to the mill this week. No response as of yet.
+4 weeks: Starts Monday. I am presuming nothing will be ordered then either.

I'm estimating a fabric will be ordered at about +5-6 weeks, received by luxire at +8-10 weeks and I will have a finished product at +16-18 weeks. We will see how this works out. I expect continued delays but that is my best guess for realistic estimates. I hope I receive a good product.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is lot of negative feedback here in this thread for last few days/weeks, wonder what Paddy or @luxire has to say to that..
I was planing to do review ( positive) on my suit here but it had to be sent back for few issues..

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There is lot of negative feedback here in this thread for last few days/weeks, wonder what Paddy or @luxire has to say to that..
I was planing to do review ( positive) on my suit here but it had to be sent back for few issues..

Have been observing the thread, sad for the delays we have caused and thankful for so much support we have received and continue receiving.

Issue:
To explain what happened, mid-February onward, we started seeing a sudden increase in orders for pants. Usually, our production responds well to such changes, but this time it could not cope up. We were also a bit late in understanding the gravity of the situation.

It was a major issue that could have potentially derailed us. Having seen through the worst of it, we realize the potential danger and are now taking steps to avoid such situations in the future.

Current Status:
97% of May orders have been fulfilled.
41% of June orders have been fulfilled.
By the end of July, we should be back to normal production and delivery cycles.

What we have been doing:
1. We have been working longer hours and on Sundays to be back of track with order processing.
2. We have sped up the process on hiring and training more people to be able to produce more clothing without any fall in quality.
3. We are working on improving our processes to speed up delivery. A lot of technical changes are being planned.
4. We have started the process of creating a strong technical team that will create a process backbone to assist in the smooth flow of orders.

Jackets was a different issue. After we took the orders for jackets in March, we started working on making them to almost the same quality as our hand-made jackets. the machine work was being done only to areas that had lower impact. While trying to perfect the process we realized that we had a few improvements to make. Had to make some changes to the team as well. The team is now stable and bigger. We are producing jackets again after a small period of slowdown.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Have been observing the thread, sad for the delays we have caused and thankful for so much support we have received and continue receiving.

Issue:
To explain what happened, mid-February onward, we started seeing a sudden increase in orders for pants. Usually, our production responds well to such changes, but this time it could not cope up. We were also a bit late in understanding the gravity of the situation.

It was a major issue that could have potentially derailed us. Having seen through the worst of it, we realize the potential danger and are now taking steps to avoid such situations in the future.

Current Status:

What we have been doing:
1. We have been working longer hours and on Sundays to be back of track with order processing.
2. We have sped up the process on hiring and training more people to be able to produce more clothing without any fall in quality.
3. We are working on improving our processes to speed up delivery. A lot of technical changes are being planned.
4. We have started the process of creating a strong technical team that will create a process backbone to assist in the smooth flow of orders.

Jackets was a different issue. After we took the orders for jackets in March, we started working on making them to almost the same quality as our hand-made jackets. the machine work was being done only to areas that had lower impact. While trying to perfect the process we realized that we had a few improvements to make. Had to make some changes to the team as well. The team is now stable and bigger. We are producing jackets again after a small period of slowdown.

Thanks for the explanation Luxire :) I'm very happy with the trial shirt I ordered in May and today I ordered two pars of cords and one pair of flanells from VBC. Keep up the good work!

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Issue:

Current Status:

What we have been doing:

Thanks for the details, the only issue I have been seeing is with the order delays and not on quality. The jacket was another story but happy to know that you guys are working hard to improve upon all the issues.
Luxire has always been helpful whenever there was an issue with the order so I hope things get back to normal and I can start putting in new orders again.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@luxire thanks for the explanation. I think what has contributed to some of the dissatisfaction (and which I have personally experienced) is CS giving specific time frames for garments to be shipped that often turn out to be overly optimistic. I recommend either proactive follow up if something is not going to be finished on time, or else refrain from making commitments that cannot be kept. That being said I’ve always been happy with the quality of your work.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the details, the only issue I have been seeing is with the order delays and not on quality. The jacket was another story but happy to know that you guys are working hard to improve upon all the issues.
Luxire has always been helpful whenever there was an issue with the order so I hope things get back to normal and I can start putting in new orders again.

Quality has kind of gone into the head of each one of us that works at Luxire. So, it is now really hard to produce something bad.
On jackets, we were seeing improvements but were probably driven more by hope.
One of our new masters has worked on the row and seems promising. The trials he has done for us looked good.

@luxire thanks for the explanation. I think what has contributed to some of the dissatisfaction (and which I have personally experienced) is CS giving specific time frames for garments to be shipped that often turn out to be overly optimistic. I recommend either proactive follow up if something is not going to be finished on time, or else refrain from making commitments that cannot be kept. That being said I’ve always been happy with the quality of your work.

Yes, there was some disconnect there. The CS person would spend a lot of time of the production floor, trying to make sure the order moves as promised. But things would still get delayed for many reasons.
It has been a learning experience.

ezev

Reaction score
@luxire

Can you send some more pics of the Ethomas dark gray wool cashmere twill swatch? I'm trying to see how dark it really is. Upon searching this forum, the fabric was highly recommended by your team.

SFAttorney

Reaction score

I agree and think that the shifting goalposts is a bigger issue than any actual delays. Most of us understand that ramping up a business can be difficult and we are willing to wait for you to get things right. We'd just like more transparency in the process.

Also, to update the group on my suit (order placed July 3). Sending in my jacket and pants for duplication using their DHL service was straightforward and I reached out about a week later to confirm they were received. I checked in on Tuesday to inquire about whether the fabric I wanted has been ordered/received and the CS rep told me this morning that he'll look into it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads