• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a patterned jacket that combines grey and blue and am considering these two from Fox’s Sport Jacketing… Which one do people prefer? I’m leaning towards the first one, SP7.

SP7
IMG_6417.jpeg

SP9
IMG_6418.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a patterned jacket that combines grey and blue and am considering these two from Fox’s Sport Jacketing… Which one do people prefer? I’m leaning towards the first one, SP7.

SP7
View attachment 2176311

SP9
View attachment 2176315
I found gray jackets difficult to wear. Ymmv of course. But my go to is a gray flannel, and I found them difficult to pair.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found gray jackets difficult to wear. Ymmv of course. But my go to is a gray flannel, and I found them difficult to pair.
I love grey jackets and I prefer them to solid navy blazers/sports coats. I wear them with tan and chocolate brown trousers, kind of the opposite of the standard brown sports coat and grey trouser look. I also like them with grey trousers for a tonal look. You do need a bit of pattern to it to make it look good. Herringbone is a classic but I also like checks.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love grey jackets and I prefer them to solid navy blazers/sports coats. I wear them with tan and chocolate brown trousers, kind of the opposite of the standard brown sports coat and grey trouser look. I also like them with grey trousers for a tonal look. You do need a bit of pattern to it to make it look good. Herringbone is a classic but I also like checks.
I saw kotaro had a cashmere from Zegna (he was making it for another client, but I have an old Rtw from Zegna). I quite like that fabric a lot, it’s a gray and blue check. I just wish my old Zegna Rtw fit me properly.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw kotaro had a cashmere from Zegna (he was making it for another client, but I have an old Rtw from Zegna). I quite like that fabric a lot, it’s a gray and blue check. I just wish my old Zegna Rtw fit me properly.
I saw that one too! It was very nice and exactly the kind of jacket I like. He’s made fun of me for always picking Glen plaids for my jackets but a classic is a classic.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that one too! It was very nice and exactly the kind of jacket I like. He’s made fun of me for always picking Glen plaids for my jackets but a classic is a classic.
why not just do that? Heck, im thinking about it. And I don’t typically like gray jackets.

I think, the gray is more wearable when you get a bolder pattern. The problem, in my experience, with gray, is it can look too suity

epsilon22

Reaction score

SP7
View attachment 2176311

SP9
View attachment 2176315
I like that SP7 fabric, I can imagine getting that made in a Florentine cut like from Corcos or even the Armoury's Model 15. For what it's worth, Kotaro's instagram has a lot of gunclub check jackets, some are even in blues, but not exactly like that SP7.

There's also a Liverano RTW in grey gunclub check on the Armoury's website, though that one has no blues: https://www.thearmoury.com/collecti...ool-check-sport-coat-1?variant=39616166985799

why not just do that? Heck, im thinking about it. And I don’t typically like gray jackets.

I think, the gray is more wearable when you get a bolder pattern. The problem, in my experience, with gray, is it can look too suity
Wouldn't gunclub be more of a sport coat fabric? I don't seem to recall seeing gunclub check suits outside of this forum.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that SP7 fabric, I can imagine getting that made in a Florentine cut like from Corcos or even the Armoury's Model 15. For what it's worth, Kotaro's instagram has a lot of gunclub check jackets, some are even in blues, but not exactly like that SP7.

There's also a Liverano RTW in grey gunclub check on the Armoury's website, though that one has no blues: https://www.thearmoury.com/collecti...ool-check-sport-coat-1?variant=39616166985799

Wouldn't gunclub be more of a sport coat fabric? I don't seem to recall seeing gunclub check suits outside of this forum.

Grey wouldn't be my first choice for a sport coat (much preferred earthy tones), but have to admit that I rather like that Liverano for the Armoury one, subdued and old-fashioned, also in the cut.

Last edited:

ZRH1

Reaction score
re: Dudgale Lisburn Black Linen. I got my suit and I am liking it a lot. My takeaways. 1. if you hesitate like me on a black suit, linen is a great choice as it takes off the edge that wool may have, 2. DL is better than WB, as the latter is very refined, possibly taking a bit away from the casual aspect of linen. DL is still Irish, so I don't foresee the softness of Italian linen, even the heavier ones.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Both work well for an urban (i.e., fake) tweed. Perhaps the larger check will stand up to different shirts and ties better.

SP7
View attachment 2176311

SP9
View attachment 2176315

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics