• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Luxire fans,

Last June, with help from you, SF, @luxire and Ashish, we ran a group buy for Minnis Fresco trousers, and it was a great success. I am happy to return with the offer again this year, except this time early enough for you to have your trousers for the spring/summer season! Last year we were successful in getting Mid Gray #510248 to 12 pairs.

My proposal to Ashish this time was to offer the other 2 gray options (the lighter 510246 and darker 510249) in the 9-10oz. 280/310g Frescos. Those familiar with the cloth need no introduction, it is the quintessential summer wool. For those unfamiliar with the cloth it has a dry hand, an open weave made from a high twist wool that has a wonderful drape, holds a crease and resists wrinkles, not to mention wears like iron. The cloth has a slightly scratchy texture, so some like to have them lined. Personally I prefer them unlined which allows them to breath more freely when the temperature rises.

For the offer we settled on the following 2 grays:
Light Gray 510246
Dark Gray 510249
img_7977-jpg.804869

Luxire agreed to offer them this year at $269.99 if we can meet a minimum of 10 pairs in each color, which is a wonderful value.

If you were to source your own cloth through Hudderfield Fine Worsted, you would need at minimum 2 meters at: £103.60 + shipping which is £10-£20 your looking at ~$175 just for the cloth! Luxire already represents a tremendous deal (as we all know) and this just sweetens it that much more.

Here are a few images taken of my swatches with a sport coat, shirt and tie to give you an idea on how they may be worn. Both grays are very versatile with nearly any summer coat from cream to navy and everywhere in between. The shirt shown is a light blue cotton linen blend, with a dark navy grenadine tie both from @luxire the sport coat is a VBC mid blue hopsack from the Drapers book made by a local tailor. The second image is a better representation of the colors.
fullsizeoutput_248a-jpeg.804870

Detail to show textures:
img_7981-jpg.804871

Against the light to show the open nature of the weave:
img_7983-jpg.804872

To join simply reply here in the Luxire thread or send me a DM with your preferred color (246 or 249 for short). In addition if you have any questions about the cloth, or how the deal works feel free to send me a DM. I am really excited about this, lets make it happen again!

Best, and a big thanks to Ashish for offering this opportunity.

DL-

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does not sound like 248 is currently part of the offer—but it would be great if it were.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does not sound like 248 is currently part of the offer—but it would be great if it were.

We decided on 246 and 249 because the last run we did was in color 248.

Majority wins out, and I am not opposed to ordering another pair if that is the way the group wants to go. I just think its too good of a deal to pass on.

DL-

The J

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't notice 248 wasn't being offered this run. 249 is fine for me.

Last edited:

bitrave

Reaction score
That really does look nice congrats and good work for Luxire! I actually posted few days ago asking for advise as I am considering my first suit commission from Luxire and so your post came was some kind of karmic coincidence.

I do have a couple of questions more though if you wouldn't mind:

- you mention a back and forth of alterations. Were you charged additionally by Luxire for each back and forth? How about shipping fees?

- My plan is also to send an existing suit for replication. However much like yourself I want to have a few changes made but also in my case my existing suit also has a few fit issues which I would like addressed. The question is how easy was the communication process and explaining the changes you want made via email? Especially in my case I have no technical tailoring knowledge whatsoever so my biggest fear is I will end up botching up the whole procedure.

- How long did the whole procedure take? And lastly if I may ask (and feel free not to answer if you do not wish) what was the total cost (with any additional fees, courier fees etc)?

In case you choose to go through the headache of answering all the above thank you for your time!

Otherwise looking forward to some pics of the back! Cheers

Here's a review of my unstructured tan summer suit, posted for those considering such for upcoming heat waves, and to recognize Luxire for their efforts.

This one is made of a gloriously soft yet rumply tan linen and contains no padding or canvassing whatsoever, and is lined only in the sleeves and with Bemberg. There are many more custom features in this suit that to my knowledge only true bespoke can match. I'm pretty happy with the fit, and over time it'll only settle on my body more nicely.

The jacket was originally patterned from one sent in for replication, however I requested several changes, and to get the shoulders and neck ideal necessitated a bit of back and forth with alterations. I had to learn some patience, but in the end it's come out just about as I'd imagined it should, and in the processed learned how to work with Luxire more effectively (hint: trust their expertise).

The highest praise goes to Luxire for rising to the challenge of getting this to my satisfaction, which included making it work with my disproportionate and forward-pointing shoulders without the luxury of in-person fittings nor canvas to help smooth things over. Completely happy with their service and looking forward to more in the future.
Disclaimer- I received no sort of discount or compensation for this review.

View attachment 959447 View attachment 959448

View attachment 959449

aj805

Reaction score
That really does look nice congrats and good work for Luxire! I actually posted few days ago asking for advise as I am considering my first suit commission from Luxire and so your post came was some kind of karmic coincidence.

I do have a couple of questions more though if you wouldn't mind:

- you mention a back and forth of alterations. Were you charged additionally by Luxire for each back and forth? How about shipping fees?

- My plan is also to send an existing suit for replication. However much like yourself I want to have a few changes made but also in my case my existing suit also has a few fit issues which I would like addressed. The question is how easy was the communication process and explaining the changes you want made via email? Especially in my case I have no technical tailoring knowledge whatsoever so my biggest fear is I will end up botching up the whole procedure.

- How long did the whole procedure take? And lastly if I may ask (and feel free not to answer if you do not wish) what was the total cost (with any additional fees, courier fees etc)?

In case you choose to go through the headache of answering all the above thank you for your time!

Otherwise looking forward to some pics of the back! Cheers

- Alterations: They did not charge extra for the adjustments. I paid only for shipping when sending the jacket back to them, around US$30 each time.

- Replication and communications: I would not send in a garment that has fit issues, particularly if the issues are in the chest, shoulders or neck area. These areas are too complex and it is too difficult and time/cost ineffective to try to sort out through email and global shipping. Start with a jacket/trousers that fit perfectly, even if they are threadbare thrifted junk that don't match but that you've had tailored locally to fit to your satisfaction.

Take clear, chest-height pictures of yourself in the garments to be sent in (from all angles) and email to Luxire when you start your order--they can also spot problem areas. If you feel you may miscommunicate adjustments due to a lack of technical knowledge, stick to lay language: "I'd like the lapels about a half-inch wider", "I'd like the buttoning point a touch lower", etc. and they can generally translate this to the required changes in the pattern.

Even having replicated an existing garment, I would request a "trial fit service" (small fee) for a first jacket order, with which they can send you either a cotton version of the jacket or a basted version of the final garment to try on and review before it is finished. Pay particular attention to the neck and shoulder fit on this and take pictures to provide feedback to Luxire.

- Time and costs: My first order from replication took maybe a couple months to receive the trial garment, then perhaps another 6 weeks to get the completed garment, so close to 4 months. Any extra back and forth I would figure on taking a couple months each time.

The cost for the suit order was I think around US$600, and then adding in trial fit service and shipping fees for sending back for adjustments it maybe came to around US$700.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads