• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Bms259

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a white oxford...trying to wrap my head around the differences in the warzone oxfords. I want something great for everyday office wear. What's the difference between the warzone, the warzone plus, and the warzone heavy?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats better than getting a box from Luxire?....not much ....lol

Blue slubby cham........btw, its very very gray/inky rather than blue but I like.!!!!!!... custom collar...........and Inlgese cuff........thank u to the member here for that!....aaaaannnnnnd my first try at the fisheye blk buttons..........I like

IMG_3004.PNG

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire

Timetable for Dugdale trouser deliveries?

hmlarsson

Reaction score
Whats better than getting a box from Luxire?....not much ....lol

Blue slubby cham........btw, its very very gray/inky rather than blue but I like.!!!!!!... custom collar...........and Inlgese cuff........thank u to the member here for that!....aaaaannnnnnd my first try at the fisheye blk buttons..........I like

View attachment 881738
What exactly is a "Inlgese cuff"?
Nice fabric and collar btw!

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inglese...lol....sorry

the collar is a duplicate from a shirt I had mailed in.............I love faconnable shirts...this collar was kind of a unique collar they made years and years ago..... a nice spread and roll....

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inglese...lol....sorry

the collar is a duplicate from a shirt I had mailed in.............I love faconnable shirts...this collar was kind of a unique collar they made years and years ago..... a nice spread and roll....
Random +1. I have an old Faconnable BD shirt. Best RTW collar roll I've seen.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random +1. I have an old Faconnable BD shirt. Best RTW collar roll I've seen.

Eric.........u r correct sir.!!!!!!!!.....the best......and this one in particular is quite different from the std faco collars.....

but now that I have found Lux, I am done w/ faco!!!...they are just too boxy for me....but man they have great fabrics!

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pics.......Lux nailed this shirt.

BTW.....I feel this collar is maybe the BEST roll I own.......hands down....and no, Im not sharing my order no.......lol

I was kidding about sharing my order no,....of course Id share....a few have asked. Its being called the Faco collar, order no 24693

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3008.PNG

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Just received my first order! Had trial pants made and am pretty pleased for a first attempt. My tastes are trendier than most here, and I didn't find much similar to what I wanted in prior posts, so I figure these results might be useful to a particular niche of users.

First, regarding service:
I'm about to go on vacation and asked whether these could be rushed at all so I could get them in time to test on my travels. NINE DAYS FROM ORDER TO DOOR IN NYC. They're not a special fabric and I didn't have any tricky requests - but still. Completely amazing. Thanks Lux

Photos of the pants straight out of the box:

TcMPtg9.jpg

vv6N7d9.jpg

Rqdq92p.jpg

This is what I was going for:

7NwHA88.jpg

Only special detail I requested was a 1.25" sewn cuff which isn't offered as a standard size. I also requested the fabric be hot washed and tumbled to reduce shrinkage, hopefully their shape doesn't change wildly in the wash. Still plan to wash cold and air dry.

Fit: I used garment measurements Frankenstein'd together from 5 different pants, including Unis Gios, Unis Fords, and some Black Lapel MTM trousers. These meet those numbers exactly. The main issues seem to be puckering at the crotch and a fairly pronounced wedgie.

Any ideas on how to improve fit? Obviously these are cut very slim, and I'm thinking playing with the back rise and making them .25-.5" looser everywhere may clean up the drape. I'm also slightly bow legged, so short of changing them to a relaxed cut, I don't know that they will ever hang perfectly straight.

bik2101

Reaction score
any tips on keeping collars on white shirts clean?? I've been spraying collars with oxiclean before throwing them in the laundry but doesn't seem to do the trick. over time, they all seem to get discolored

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any tips on keeping collars on white shirts clean?? I've been spraying collars with oxiclean before throwing them in the laundry but doesn't seem to do the trick. over time, they all seem to get discolored

Do you perspire alot?

Do you wash your neck well?....lol

How many times do u wear each prior to washing?

I use "shout it out"...works every time

I also have pre soaked w/ soap......works

Also, white vinegar pre soak...works

wash cold first......or you will heat soak stain in

Bazsy

Reaction score
Just received my first order! Had trial pants made and am pretty pleased for a first attempt. My tastes are trendier than most here, and I didn't find much similar to what I wanted in prior posts, so I figure these results might be useful to a particular niche of users.

First, regarding service:
I'm about to go on vacation and asked whether these could be rushed at all so I could get them in time to test on my travels. NINE DAYS FROM ORDER TO DOOR IN NYC. They're not a special fabric and I didn't have any tricky requests - but still. Completely amazing. Thanks Lux

Photos of the pants straight out of the box:

TcMPtg9.jpg

vv6N7d9.jpg

Rqdq92p.jpg

This is what I was going for:

7NwHA88.jpg

Only special detail I requested was a 1.25" sewn cuff which isn't offered as a standard size. I also requested the fabric be hot washed and tumbled to reduce shrinkage, hopefully their shape doesn't change wildly in the wash. Still plan to wash cold and air dry.

Fit: I used garment measurements Frankenstein'd together from 5 different pants, including Unis Gios, Unis Fords, and some Black Lapel MTM trousers. These meet those numbers exactly. The main issues seem to be puckering at the crotch and a fairly pronounced wedgie.

Any ideas on how to improve fit? Obviously these are cut very slim, and I'm thinking playing with the back rise and making them .25-.5" looser everywhere may clean up the drape. I'm also slightly bow legged, so short of changing them to a relaxed cut, I don't know that they will ever hang perfectly straight.
That wedgie is kinda the most common issue with early iterations at Luxire. I would say you send them these pictures and they will change the next pair of pants/tell you how to order it to ease the issue.
A shortcut can sometimes be to take it to a local tailor, adjust most measurements to perfection and have a him writing done all the changes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads