• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
#22292_4.jpg #22292_3.jpg #22292_1.jpg
Black Jersey

Jersey polo shirt in 100% cotton.

Features: Button down collar with custom made 1-button cuff.

Megakurth

Reaction score
Fresco Update:

So far we have 8 for the mid gray 248 and only 1-3 for the other colors. I think we can get 248 to 10 (I will get 2 pairs if necessary), but the others will be tough. All 3 colors are tasteful and should easily compliment any CM wardrobe. How it sits:

In for 248:
@DavidLane
@timotune
@bookbrother
@Nemesis_4
@breakaway01
@fridayfrenzy
@angusangus
@alansee89 (unknown on color)

In for 249:
@DavidLane
@bookbrother

In for 246:
@DavidLane

You will not regret this purchase, I have a couple pairs with a suit I had made a few years ago, and they are in great shape and remain my favorite summer pants, worn together and as separates. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

DL

I might be interested. Anyone know how much a matching jacket in the Fresco would be around?

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hkp2k

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to order my first shirt, and I am wondering what the opinions are here about what the best button down collar from Luxire is. I work in an engineering firm, so no tie, and am just now moving away from years wearing Brooks Brothers, so I like the collar roll, but I see 3 options on the site that would work.

1. Luxire Button Down - Collar (Button Down)
2. Osaka Button Down - Collar (Kamakura Button Down)
3. Trad Button Down - Collar (Mercer Button Down)

The site does have pics of each, but unfortunately they all have the top button buttoned, so it is hard for me to compare for my situation. I also realize this is probably personal preference, but if anyone has any opinions, I am all ears.

Thanks!

novaeagle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to order my first shirt, and I am wondering what the opinions are here about what the best button down collar from Luxire is. I work in an engineering firm, so no tie, and am just now moving away from years wearing Brooks Brothers, so I like the collar roll, but I see 3 options on the site that would work.

1. Luxire Button Down - Collar (Button Down)
2. Osaka Button Down - Collar (Kamakura Button Down)
3. Trad Button Down - Collar (Mercer Button Down)

The site does have pics of each, but unfortunately they all have the top button buttoned, so it is hard for me to compare for my situation. I also realize this is probably personal preference, but if anyone has any opinions, I am all ears.

Thanks!

The most popular BD collars are the Broke and Bespoke BD collar and the mercer and sons BD collar.

The B&B collar has a fused band and a lined but unfused leaf, which forces the collar to stand upright to get a great roll, and its one of the most popular button down collars. It's a tall collar, though, which turns some people off. Also I don't think it works well with lighter weight fabrics.

For ligher weight fabrics I prefer the mercer and sons collar, which is basically a trad ivy collar. It will get a nice roll when worn with a tie but will be somewhat "floppy" when without. It still rolls, but it has a more casual look to it. I hate saying this, but do a couple google image searches to see what I mean.

I have never bought the Kamakura collar so I won't comment on that.

There are also italian collars people have made up that have the button points more spread than the other collars. I don't think these are what you want, though, because they don't look good when paired with non-italian clothes (which i imagine you'd be wearing in engineering like yours truly). Even with an italian jacket and regular chinos I'm not a fan. You really have to go full italian to make them work.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hkp2k

very tough call here....very tough and subjective.

I went thru the same thoughts, and went Kamakura for my first shirt.

hate to say some1 is wrong BUT the Br and Be collar by Luxire is not fused lined etc...it is only if you order that way!.......but its up to you on linings and fusing etc etc..and like stated its kinda tall and fashion forward for a bd

I have some pics here from June to show how my shirt looks.......I never wear a tie.....and I went unlined and unfused..its a wee bit floppy when open and I did a denim cham cloth, yet I do like it.

Every1 likes the Lux default bd very much as well.

Im gonna do a light lining on the band next time.....no fusing

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads