• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Tastethesoup

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. It's helpful to note the adjustments needed between styles.

Surprised by the recommendation to scoop the seat. Were there issues with the rear or is this also to address the pleats?

bookbrother

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. It's helpful to note the adjustments needed between styles.

Surprised by the recommendation to scoop the seat. Were there issues with the rear or is this also to address the pleats?
There wasn't a major issue in the seat, but I sent more photos to them than I shared here, so maybe they saw something. I could see how the recommendation would reduce pulling all the way around.

aj805

Reaction score
I think part of the reason for the "opening" pleats is that this feature makes sense when the pants are very high rise so that the the waist is above the hip bones, there would then naturally be a significant taper over the hips (unless the wearer is large in the midsection). On low-rise pants, there is not the same difference between waist and hips that would really call for or allow the pleats to run down as we traditionally expect to see.

Another another reason may be that a fuller pant leg cut is required to provide enough material to actually press in a pleat down into the leg. Widening the hips but not the rest of the leg may help but looking at your fit I would wonder if that would not result in a top-heavy kind of look for you.

emptym

Reaction score
Imo there are three possible causes for pleats to open:
1) too tight around waist and hips
2) pleats are too narrow
3) The angle at which the pleats were attached to the waistband needs some tweaking.

Maybe there's a fourth. Maybe the shape of the waistband relative to ones belly and posture.

johnross2007

Reaction score
What is this "Luxire Hand Made" option on the new website? It adds $80 to the cost of the shirt. How were the shirts made on the old website?

Camillo

Reaction score
What is this "Luxire Hand Made" option on the new website? It adds $80 to the cost of the shirt. How were the shirts made on the old website?

It's described on the website...

35cjrqf.jpg

johnross2007

Reaction score
Yes, I'm just curious what Luxire did when ordering through the old website. Which of those options did they go with? Was it not as hand-made?

Bazsy

Reaction score
Yes, I'm just curious what Luxire did when ordering through the old website. Which of those options did they go with? Was it not as hand-made?
Obviously none of these options were handmade on the old site and they are not handmade on the new site either unless you choose this option. These details are pretty time consuming hence the extra price.

AlexRamius

Reaction score
@Bazsy They precised on the trial pants/shirts that it was completely machine made. Thus regular shirts/pants should be in part handmade.

emptym

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a group buy of Cone Mills dyneema blend denim? I've been looking for one that fits well for motorcycling and bicycling (high rise, tapered leg) but found anything. Just emailed Cone to see if theyd sell a length. And I haven't actually asked Ashish if he'd be willing to support this (hope so!). But just sending out feelers to see if anyone else might be interested in case cone says yes but they want a minimum purchase. If you don't know about dyneema, here's a good start:

https://www.conedenim.com/the-dyneema-project-cone-denim-one-amazing-fabric/

Dyneema jeans and a schoeller jacket would be my ideal commuting setup. :)

JIMB

Reaction score
For those of you who have made knits from luxire (e.g. polos and rugbys) how much did your measurements differ from button-downs? I would imagine they'd overall be smaller, as the knit stretches and can wear slimmer, but I'd love some numbers to compare to. Was thinking about getting one made up with an eidos collar, the look is starting to grow on me.

My chest was just 0.5" slimmer, the yoke (shoulders/back) 1" slimmer. Almost identical bicep, waist measurements. I think the difference in a person's preferred fit (trim, casual, full) matter more than the delta to your woven shirts. If your woven shirts already fit trim, you may not need much adjustment.

Luxire's collar lining is heavier than my eidos (eidos may even be completely unlined). There's tradeoffs to each, but might be helpful to specify your preference when ordering.

jandersson

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a group buy of Cone Mills dyneema blend denim? I've been looking for one that fits well for motorcycling and bicycling (high rise, tapered leg) but found anything. Just emailed Cone to see if theyd sell a length. And I haven't actually asked Ashish if he'd be willing to support this (hope so!). But just sending out feelers to see if anyone else might be interested in case cone says yes but they want a minimum purchase. If you don't know about dyneema, here's a good start:

https://www.conedenim.com/the-dyneema-project-cone-denim-one-amazing-fabric/

Dyneema jeans and a schoeller jacket would be my ideal commuting setup. :)
I'd love a pair of custom Dyneema jeans. But I don't have a jeans pattern with Luxire so I'd probably like to do a couple of cheaper jeans first to dial in the fit. @emptym do you know if anyone except Saint is doing Dyneema jeans?

If Luxire could source Dyneema and offer MTM motorcycle jeans I think they could reach a large new group of customers. A couple of well executed jeans and a feature on Bikeexif and they would be in business!

thatitalian

Reaction score
Fresco Update:

So far we have 8 for the mid gray 248 and only 1-3 for the other colors. I think we can get 248 to 10 (I will get 2 pairs if necessary), but the others will be tough. All 3 colors are tasteful and should easily compliment any CM wardrobe. How it sits:

In for 248:
@DavidLane
@timotune
@bookbrother
@Nemesis_4
@breakaway01
@fridayfrenzy
@angusangus
@alansee89 (unknown on color)

In for 249:
@DavidLane
@bookbrother

In for 246:
@DavidLane

You will not regret this purchase, I have a couple pairs with a suit I had made a few years ago, and they are in great shape and remain my favorite summer pants, worn together and as separates. Don't miss out on this opportunity! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

DL
David,

I would like to be added to both the 248 and 249 please.

Both are stunning. Shame the 249 is not as popular. I understand it may be dark for summer but feel it is more formal and a great option to wear with lighter coloured sports jackets.

I'm working with Luxire at the moment to get my fit perfect but I may ask them to hold this order for me until I get 100% (well, as close to that as possible) but pay for it up front.

Thanks for organising,

Stephen

thatitalian

Reaction score
All,

I would appreciate feedback on my first pair.

IMG_7832.JPG
IMG_7833.JPG
IMG_7834.JPG
IMG_7835.JPG

I took them to my tailor to be adjusted and he recommended a few things:

1. Take in the thigh by 0.5"
2. Shorten the length by 0.5"
3. Take in the waist 1cm
4. He also noticed a little bit of the material bunching when the side adjusters are pulled (see 3rd image; side on with my arm raised). Perhaps the hips are a little too big?
5. He also said the knee and calf looked a little bit tight and was going to open it out slightly.
6. He wasn't sure about the cuff opening. He said it might need to be taken in slightly but he wanted to see how they fit after the above alterations were made first.
7. He finally recommended to make the cuff 1.75" as it will help with the drape and it would look better for my height.

IMG_7989.JPG

IMG_7990.JPG

Thoughts?

Please ignore the heinous shirt! It was an emergency rtw one.

Stephen

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member