• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fit through the body is great for a modern shirt fit, but the sleeves are just way too tight around the elbows.  A little extra room there would make for much less creasing, a more comfortable fit, and less chance of the sleeves riding up with wear.  It's one of the problems I had in my first shirt which I hope to have rectified in my second order.

Timotheus's shirt has the same issue, but not nearly as bad as yours.  Test is if you can roll up the sleeves past your elbow and have them sit there comfortably; his shirt might be able to accomplish this but yours probably isn't capable of the same.

My shirt is quite comfortable in the sleeves. I used to have my older MTM shirts (not from Luxire) even tighter, but soon realized that they were way too tight and I needed to make adjustments. The red white plaid oxford has the exact same measurements as the sky blue oxford, and that shirt didn't wrinkle as badly as the sky blue did, probably because of a difference in the cloth. I don't like a lot of excess material in the sleeves, and as long as I can move and bend my arms freely without feeling restricted, then I'm happy. If I noticed that my elbows were busting through the sleeves or I couldn't comfortably bend my arms, then I would definitely increase the measurement there.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Work shirt in Blue Wool plaid with hand warming corduroy pockets and pearly snap buttons. Chambray lining in collar, yoke and gussets.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered:

3E8HIwW.jpg

Eolxkj6.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will my recent order 4640 flannel lined jean shirt get posted? Should be shipping soon hopefully.

Yes, today. Saw it ready yesterday. Looked nice.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shirt Jacket in 14 Oz Selvedge Denim: Body lined with Cotton flannel, sleeve with Bemberg

Robstrongo

Reaction score
Is there a way to get a stiffer interlining with the unfused collars? I just got my second shirt and think I have the fit pretty much dialed in, but despite specifying "normal lining" with the unfused collar after the collar on my first shirt was too flimsy, this collar feels basically unlined or very lightly lined just like the first.

bixbydirect

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about commissioning Luxire with the perfect semi-formal denim trousers to wear with a jacket. So far I'm thinking high-rise, flat front and no-cuff length in dark indigo.
What do you guys suggest for other details, pocket style and detail, belt loops vs braces, seam color etc?

I guess I want them to kind of look like jeans, perhaps a bit 50's retro, without causing too much of a contrast or country-weekend look if worn with an odd jacket, casual shirt and tie. Is this a mission impossible? Any thoughts or inspiring links greatly appreciated!

/Nils

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think semi-formal denim is an oxymoron and think jeans cut like dress trousers (high rise) would be somewhat incongruous. I would also never wear jeans with a tie personally; the formality contrast is too great. I can see them with an odd jacket, shirt and no tie, but that's about as far as I'd want to stretch it. If you are going to wear a tie, why not just get some moleskins.

I can see the dark indigo color work well and if by high rise you mean higher rise than normal jeans but still lower than dress pants, that is probably fine. I still think you have to ditch the tie when you wear them and stick to more casual tweed odd jackets vs. a more formal navy blazer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads