• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance the shirting of the Blue Chambray by Cotonificio makes it into the MTM-Section? From pictures it looks like the perfect chambray for my purpose, hazy texture but relativly light blue, your other chambrays are either a bit too dark/grey or too dressy or shiny. The Blue Panama, Blue Summer Oxford and the Blue Twill Chambray are also quite interesting.

Sadly no. All made into shirts.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think im about 1 or 2 shirts away from getting that same perfect fit (I have four from other makers) and once this last shirt I ordered from elsewhere comes in, im going to start having a few made at luxire.

That would be great. And i'm more concerned with the shade of pink than the fit. I want something that's nice and pink, not so pale its close to white, or so dark that its turning into something from victoria secret haha.

I think you'll like this shade then. It's pale, but not so pale that it looks white, and it's definitely not a hot pink.

Question here for Luxire - will you be stocking any other casual oxfords other than solid colors and university stripes? I really love the red white plaid oxford that I posted earlier, and I'm looking for more oxford fabrics like that one. Thanks!

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
For the person that asked for a pic of the shirt tucked in, here's the sky blue oxford. Different shirt than the one pictured un-tucked, but it's a similar cloth and it has the exact same measurements. Man, those sleeves really get wrinkled after sitting at my desk and working for half a day!

I'll also point out that in the un-tucked picture I'm wearing casual chinos, and in this one I'm wearing wool dress trousers, and these pants have about an inch higher rise than the chinos do. I don't think I could wear the shirt tucked in very well with the chinos due to the lower rise, but it works perfectly with these trousers:

Thank you Beatlegeuse. That's an amazing fit! I'd be in heaven if I could achieve that fit. Do you mind my asking what the shirt measurements were at the waist and bottom widths were?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question here for Luxire - will you be stocking any other casual oxfords other than solid colors and university stripes? I really love the red white plaid oxford that I posted earlier, and I'm looking for more oxford fabrics like that one. Thanks!
Nothing in-line for the immediate future, but, the process is ongoing.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you Beatlegeuse. That's an amazing fit! I'd be in heaven if I could achieve that fit. Do you mind my asking what the shirt measurements were at the waist and bottom widths were?

Thank you for the kind words. I kinda lost track of all my measurement changes from my very first shirt, but I'll measure this tonight and let you know what the actual measurements are.

Nothing in-line for the immediate future, but, the process is ongoing.

Thanks, hope to see more oxfords soon. Of course, this didn't stop me from getting the red, blue, and blueish green university stripe oxfords in my most recent order (placed two days ago on Saturday afternoon, PayPal already charged as of this morning).

tyrolean

Reaction score
@luxire: do you have all available oxford options online, or are there some that you didn't yet upload to the website

for example a light purple / mauve option would be great

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just received the Blue Black Shadow Check flannel. It's a very nice fabric. I think the colors are more vibrant in person than the website photo, and there's a nice twill texture from the shadow checks. Recommended, although I can't say how it'll shrink yet.

I also got swatches of the RGB gingham, the Red Black Grey Tattersall, the Blue, Black Green Tattersall, and the Blue White Orange Grey Plaid. The first two are quite similar (grey vs navy), but the RGB feels substantially heavier. It's hard to get a sense of the Orange Grey plaid from the swatch, the fabric feels nice but the scale is too big to really envision from the swatch.

I meant to get a Traditional Green Tartan swatch but it seems to be missing.

mattcritchlow

Reaction score
My latest purchase from luxire. Thought some people might be interested in seeing some oxfords side by side. In the pic are the standard blue, sky blue, pale pink, and red. I'm really happy with them all, but each definitely are a bit different in weight and feel.

Timotheus

Reaction score
I ordered the sky blue oxford fabric some time ago and am very satisfied with the quality.

In front of my shoulder is a little crease, that i would like to remove. What can i do to the measurements to solve that issue? I dont want the shirt much tighter, maybe reducing the yoke-measurement for about an inch is the solution.

Also, I thought about adding darts at the lower back. Can somebody give me an advise, how much this will change the dimensions?

Thanks and regards

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rediscover the joy of shaving.
You will not go back to the multi-blade shaving system after this.

Comes with a large toiletry bag that has been lined with linen, the natural anti-bacterial fiber.
Natural veg-tanned leather trims, soft velvety cotton shell.

Change the life of your loved ones. Makes a wonderful gift.

Contains:
  • 1 - Safety Razor, Highest Quality Stainless steel, Made in Germany
  • 1 - Soft, real Badger hair shave brush, Made in England
  • 1 - Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood Shave Cream, Made in England
  • 1 - 5 Pack of safety blades by Derby
  • 1 toiletry bag, big enough for your needs. Leather trims. Lined inside with linen, the old, natural anti-bacterial fiber.

mattcritchlow

Reaction score

I was surprised by the weight (or lack thereof) of the sky blue. How do the others compare?

The pale pink and sky blue are similar in weight. I agree slightly lighter than I was expecting, but not bad by any means. The red and standard blue are heavier. The red is noticeably soft in comparison to the others.

Terpo

Reaction score
I ordered the sky blue oxford fabric some time ago and am very satisfied with the quality.

In front of my shoulder is a little crease, that i would like to remove. What can i do to the measurements to solve that issue? I dont want the shirt much tighter, maybe reducing the yoke-measurement for about an inch is the solution.

Also, I thought about adding darts at the lower back. Can somebody give me an advise, how much this will change the dimensions?

Thanks and regards

I had a similar shoulder crease, and slimming the sleeves helped.

To determine, whether darts (or cleaner: tapering the back on your next order) it would be good to see a picture from the side or back. You could probably reduce the waist measurement marginally to get rid of the excess material above the belt if you want a really slim fit. Depends a bit where the seam is at the moment, whether you want to trim from the front, the back or both.

deadAngle

Reaction score

The fit through the body is great for a modern shirt fit, but the sleeves are just way too tight around the elbows. A little extra room there would make for much less creasing, a more comfortable fit, and less chance of the sleeves riding up with wear. It's one of the problems I had in my first shirt which I hope to have rectified in my second order.

Timotheus's shirt has the same issue, but not nearly as bad as yours. Test is if you can roll up the sleeves past your elbow and have them sit there comfortably; his shirt might be able to accomplish this but yours probably isn't capable of the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads