• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Christopher Essex

Reaction score

Yes. It's kinda hard to make out the pique front in that crappy picture.

Interesting. I have a BB one that's ok, but would be interested in replacing/supplementing it as I wear it every few months and it would be nice to have one that fit a bit better than off-the-rack.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a disproportionately large neck (which is what has driven me to MTM in the first place) and this replaces a shirt I've had for almost fifteen years. It was the last RTW shirt in my closet because I use it so infrequently, but at Luxire's prices, I couldn't resist.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is a good basic white color?

edit- already ordered one just now anyway.

Last edited:

Zarium

Reaction score

Ordered 10/27, delivery attempted yesterday, picked it up from FedEx on my way to work this morning. I haven't had a chance to check out the details of the shirt, but will investigate this evening. :D

That's not too bad a turnaround time. I ordered on the 26th, and was told that the shirts would only be shipped next week. Quite a wait. Hopefully my next order will be quicker.

Customer service has thus far been nothing short of astounding, though. Theresa has been amazingly accommodating and willing to help and answer any questions.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, tomorrow :) Will update.
We have it in stock but have not posted it on the site. Will do it tomorrow positively, along with a few linen options.

It is a feature, explained here,  that reduces the creasing around the biceps and lets the shirt remain tucked for longer.

We do not see it on shirts as there are hardly any shirtmakers remaining that follow this time consuming process.

...have these gone up yet? :)

catpower

Reaction score
Woo! I put my first ever MTM order through yesterday! Two white shirts to start with - the lustrous fine white and the white twill. Thanks for answering all the questions here. Looking forward to getting my hands on them very soon
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to properly do the bicep measurement? The picture doesn't show how far from the shoulder you're supposed to do the measurement, and depending where you take it to, it changes it a lot.

catpower

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to properly do the bicep measurement? The picture doesn't show how far from the shoulder you're supposed to do the measurement, and depending where you take it to, it changes it a lot.
I based my measurement on the image they supply on their measurements page:

Measure_sleeve_width_biceps.jpg

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buying my shirts now, hope they fit well :)
P.S.
When you use custom measurements you choose 'custom' as the fit, right?

catpower

Reaction score
Just buying my shirts now, hope they fit well :)
P.S.
When you use custom measurements you choose 'custom' as the fit, right?
That's what I did. Wouldn't make sense otherwise to pick a fit if you've also given exact measurements, right? ;)

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I did. Wouldn't make sense otherwise to pick a fit if you've also given exact measurements, right? ;)
Yeah, i guess me dum dum...was just worried that it 'slims' down or 'super-slims' down my measurements or some freaky **** like that :)

catpower

Reaction score
Yeah, i guess me dum dum...was just worried that it 'slims' down or 'super-slims' down my measurements or some freaky **** like that :)
Don't worry, I had the same thoughts haha.

Thoughts on my first experience thus far (having put an order in on 9 Nov):
- It's concerning that Luxire replies quicker to inquiries on Styleforum than to those made through the 'contact us' tab on their own website. Still waiting on my inquiry but I've already put my order through. Next time I'll be asking questions here.
- I ordered two shirts and put individual measurements through for both but then got an email two days later saying their system had 'failed to capture order details' for one of the shirts. That's worrying about an online MTM shopping experience which is built around accuracy! Also makes me wonder why they'd let someone proceed with an order if no measurements have been captured. Something to fix methinks.

Don't get me wrong, by all accounts Luxire seems to be providing a great service at real value but thought I'd pass on my feedback :)

Last edited:

atoms

Reaction score
If I owned Luxire, I'd be more proactive in contacting my customers still waiting for shirts during a period of excessive workload. I'd want to reassure them that their order is okay, that we're just a little behind, and provide them with an updated estimate.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads