1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

The delays in emails and product delivery can be frustrating and I have some stuff that's a bit overdue too. As Ashish and someone else mentioned above, they've been caused by the recent holiday season. Workers travel by foot or bus or other means of various reliability. So a couple day holiday may turn into an essential master pattern-maker, tailor, email checker, and/or packing clerk being gone for a week and a half. Then the next holiday begins... I've emailed Ashish about this recently and he's more frustrated than all of us. Every day he hopes this person or that person will be able to show up. He's trying to see it as a difficult learning experience for the first year in business and plans to make adjustments for next year. Hopefully things will calm down soon, and all the workers will be back from their sometimes-epic journeys. But as I've said to him a few times, "better right than rushed."

2. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

SB: Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I read of others getting shipping notifications as well. Guess mine is still being made then. No worries. Having yet to hear a truly bad review, I feel fairly confident it will be worth the wait.

3. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

I'm sure this is non-recurring. After all, this period of time is a major holiday in India.

If all goes well, I'm sure I'll be placing subsequent orders in the near future. And I'm confident it won't take nearly as long.

4. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thank you m for summing it up perfectly.

Quality wise, we are uncompromising.

We are also committed to the 5 day delivery cycle and are working on building the infrastructure around it.

Some more amazing fabrics will be added over the next 3-4 days and would continue to be added in time for Christmas

Gift cards now available

5. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

That is true, but common sense dictates that, no matter what the website says, there will be occasions through the year where the advertised times are not achievable. Think about it, you're getting MTM shirts, at a very high standard, for not a great deal of money. Waiting a little bit longer, on occasions, is hardly going to hurt you, nor is it reason for complaint here. Exercise some common sense and patience, at times, and everything will be fine.

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

FYI, my shirts - ordered almost a month ago now? - are on the way, so things are happening. At least a week-week and a half of the delay was due to my changing things around etc.

7. luxire

They were shipped yesterday. We did email the tracking number and have resent it now.

8. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Yes, that's what I meant! They have shipped!

9. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

Just got word that my order has been shipped, too. Should be receiving them on Monday. Looking forward!

10. luxire

Thanks Lachyzee. I guess I misunderstood your initial comment. Have included swatches for the couple of new linens we received. I have a feeling that you would like them. Will try to have them on the site later today.

11. luxire

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

Got my notification as well. Those two posted shirts look great.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Luxire,

Can you give an explanation of what the different fabric composition of the linen blends mean? Eg Medium weight - Linen 21 x Cotton 70s, Medium weight - Linen 14 x Linen 14, Medium weight - Linen 21 x Cotton 120/2

How do these translate to the percentages that the blends are usually given in e.g. "Linen 60/Cotton 40" or similar.

What are the practical consequences of, e.g. Linen 21 x Cotton 120/2 vs Linen 21 x Cotton 70s ?
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  14. luxire

The Linen numbers and Cotton numbers basically depict the counts and construction of the fabrics.

The blends are about 50% cotton and 50% linen.

The 70s vs, 120/2 blended with similar linen fabric is done based on the look of the linen achieved after the dyeing and finishing of the yarn. Thus, the best match cotton yarn is used for weaving them together.

15. luxire

16. luxire

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  17. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

What exactly makes a fabric "Easy to Iron"?

18. atoms

atoms Senior member

Now I really can't wait to get my shirt and go through this process. A couple of those fabrics have my name written all over them. Thanks for posting.

19. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

Polyester and viscose? :)

20. luxire

:)
    These are 100% cotton, the cotton is of a higher quality and the yarn is finished for better ironing performance.

In contrast, the non-iron shirts they sell in the mall are treated with a layer of non-iron coating which gets washed off in a few laundry cycles.

1 person likes this.