• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
@luxire If i want to make the jeans length as it is with the jean stitching, do I select no cuffs or jean style with foldable hem? Im asking because the option with jeans style with foldable hem has a cuff height selector and im not sure if the jeans will made longer with the given length+ the cuff height for that option.

rich42069

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a pair of the ready to wear Dugdale grey flannel dress pants? I'm looking to get a pair but I'm not sure what the fit is like. I'd prefer them to be more on the slim side than the classic side. The price is making me want to get a pair of ready to wear pants first but really want them to not be too baggy.
@luxire Could you advise?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Do I understand it correctly that if the outseam / pant length is the same, reducing inseam will only lower the crotch point, as illustrated in my simple graphics below? If so, inseam doesn't really affect length or trouser break, right?
View attachment 1699248
View attachment 1699249
Roughly, inseam+front rise = outseam (Not exactly, but about)
This maths must be followed, else the pants pattern will not have the right shape.

If you want to make the pants longer at the ankle point, increase inseam AND outseam. Similarly, if you want to make pants shorter at ankle, decrease inseam AND outseam.

If you want to make the pants sit higher on the waist, increase outseam, front-rise and backrise.

If in doubt, consult us over email. We suggest that you do not make changes you do not understand well.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a pair of the ready to wear Dugdale grey flannel dress pants? I'm looking to get a pair but I'm not sure what the fit is like. I'd prefer them to be more on the slim side than the classic side. The price is making me want to get a pair of ready to wear pants first but really want them to not be too baggy.
@luxire Could you advise?
They were made to our "slim pattern", which is now our default.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could somebody kindly tell if RTW Dugdale worsted trousers are unlined or lined to the knee? @luxire?
I believe they are unlined?
That is a good and easy question to send over email to customer service. You can be sure of getting the right answer faster.

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
@luxire I just realized I may have been ordering my Luxire pants all wrong. For the pants I've been ordering, I wanted no crease in the leg, and a style similar to the Proper Cloth Chinos or 5-Pocket pants (What are 5-Pocket Pants? - Proper Cloth Reference - Proper Cloth ). But I chose the 'chino' style, so I ended up with pants that have a crease in the leg. Is the correct course for me to order these pants in the 'jeans' style? Here are two examples of the pants I've ordered. I'd like to have the style shown in pictures:
Olive Stretchable Jeans – Luxire Custom Clothing
Indigo Canvas Pants – Luxire Custom Clothing

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire I just realized I may have been ordering my Luxire pants all wrong. For the pants I've been ordering, I wanted no crease in the leg, and a style similar to the Proper Cloth Chinos or 5-Pocket pants (What are 5-Pocket Pants? - Proper Cloth Reference - Proper Cloth ). But I chose the 'chino' style, so I ended up with pants that have a crease in the leg. Is the correct course for me to order these pants in the 'jeans' style? Here are two examples of the pants I've ordered. I'd like to have the style shown in pictures:
Olive Stretchable Jeans – Luxire Custom Clothing
Indigo Canvas Pants – Luxire Custom Clothing
Yes, Jeans style is good. You can also simply send us an email requesting for "no ironed crease/flat fold"

TomWambsgans

Reaction score
Yes, Jeans style is good. You can also simply send us an email requesting for "no ironed crease/flat fold"
Thanks. If I go the 'jeans style' route, are the rivets and everything else on the pants the exact same as are on the jeans, or are they different to match the color of the fabric?

tilesomoole

Reaction score
My fit is dialed in now with Luxire and it's OCBD time -

Does anyone have any pics of the Mercer collar vs. some of the other options (luxire b.d., kamakura, etc.)?

It's hard to envision from the drawings on the site.

I'm looking for something with a good roll but not ostentatious (sometimes S&M's collars look great, sometimes they're a bit much, so I'd like something almost that high).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two website questions ...

Is there a "trial pants" page? The link in the menu goes to 404. The Trial Shirts page link works fine.

Is there way to stop the newsletter popup from re-appearing on every single page I navigate to? It's really discouraging me from putting together a possible purchase.

Bersabee

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience having a suit made? I want to have a suit replicated but not a fan of the fabric options on their website. Is it possible for them to source a fabric of your choice? Are they fully canvased?

Megakurth

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience having a suit made? I want to have a suit replicated but not a fan of the fabric options on their website. Is it possible for them to source a fabric of your choice? Are they fully canvased?
I’ve had a linen suit replicated with a linen fabric which went pretty well. I’ve also gone through the in-person trunk show Bespoke fitting process which led to several suits, a tuxedo, and a jacket. The. Bespoke/subsequent e-spoke has been a bit more of a process but overall I have been happy with the results. Luxires techniques seemed to evolve with every purchase. They were able to source various fabrics for me. Their base is half canvass machine made, but each detail can be upgraded from there. Id suggest reaching out to customer service directly.

Bersabee

Reaction score
I’ve had a linen suit replicated with a linen fabric which went pretty well. I’ve also gone through the in-person trunk show Bespoke fitting process which led to several suits, a tuxedo, and a jacket. The. Bespoke/subsequent e-spoke has been a bit more of a process but overall I have been happy with the results. Luxires techniques seemed to evolve with every purchase. They were able to source various fabrics for me. Their base is half canvass machine made, but each detail can be upgraded from there. Id suggest reaching out to customer service directly.
Thanks for the reply - I do plan to reach out to customer service.
Out of curiosity, what was the pricing for the sourced fabric?

Megakurth

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - I do plan to reach out to customer service.
Out of curiosity, what was the pricing for the sourced fabric?
It varied and while a few purchases were Black Friday or other promotional related, they were always transparent on the pricing of the fabric vs cost of making garment, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads