• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
@luxire Can you offer Brass Side Adjuster buckles instead of your regular ones? No offense but the current buckles have a cheap look to it despite being a well made pants by your team

marchello

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have Luxire's Heavy Linen Ecru Hopsack and W Bill's Linen? The ecru hopsack is 390 gsm while W Bill is 380 gsm, however, Luxire's fabric looks on the photos significantly heaver and thicker.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Can you offer Brass Side Adjuster buckles instead of your regular ones? No offense but the current buckles have a cheap look to it despite being a well made pants by your team
Our adjusters are made of brass and then chrome plated.

IKant

Reaction score
Our adjusters are made of brass and then chrome plated.
I agree with the poster of this question. I am not sure what they are made of currently, but I would pay extra for better side adjusters, i.e, the ones used by higher-end and custom trouser-makers.

emptym

Reaction score
There are lovely! Are these as scratchy as the Minnis Fresco?
Less scratchy than the 10 oz, 2-ply fresco, but maybe a tiny bit more than the 8-9 oz high twist fresco. If you have any exp. with Smiths finmeresco, the 4 ply VBC seems like the exact same fabric.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have Luxire's Heavy Linen Ecru Hopsack and W Bill's Linen? The ecru hopsack is 390 gsm while W Bill is 380 gsm, however, Luxire's fabric looks on the photos significantly heaver and thicker.
Will share some comparisons. My guess is that our's is much heavier, 390 GSM or 585 GLM, while the W Bill is 380 GLM.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please share images of the metal adjusters that are impressing you guys.

Just want to be sure if it is a momentary distraction fad or something worth exploring.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to order shirts from Propercloth. They have an option for the shoulder slope and neck posture. Do you guys know what this option translates to for Luxire?

This is what I usually select:

Shoulder Slope: Square Shoulders
Posture: Neck Back 1/2"

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 6.33.26 AM.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I used to order shirts from Propercloth. They have an option for the shoulder slope and neck posture. Do you guys know what this option translates to for Luxire?

This is what I usually select:

Shoulder Slope: Square Shoulders
Posture: Neck Back 1/2"

View attachment 1640973
Just send us an email with your image taken from the front and back, having the camera at shoulder height. we use digital tools to measure the slope and make any required adjustments.

The posture adjustment is made based on review of the shirt fit, after the first shirt is worn.

But, in the last 10 years of making shirts, we have learnt that the shoulder slope is an unimportant measurement for most body types, except the extremes.

We drafted our own technique to make the shirts fit better and remove the issues that people associate with shoulder slope. We incorporated them into our standard shirt pattern and the results have been a good validation of the technique.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just send us an email with your image taken from the front and back, having the camera at shoulder height. we use digital tools to measure the slope and make any required adjustments.

The posture adjustment is made based on review of the shirt fit, after the first shirt is worn.

But, in the last 10 years of making shirts, we have learnt that the shoulder slope is an unimportant measurement for most body types, except the extremes.

We drafted our own technique to make the shirts fit better and remove the issues that people associate with shoulder slope. We incorporated them into our standard shirt pattern and the results have been a good validation of the technique.

Great! What should I wear in the photos?

deedee66

Reaction score
I'm looking for jeans with some stretch and a light blue wash. I didn't find anything on your site, but is that something you offer?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking for jeans with some stretch and a light blue wash. I didn't find anything on your site, but is that something you offer?
There are a few options in stretch jeans. Do send us an email.

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
Luxire end-on-end shirt and VBC Prunnelle twill light grey trousers. I love these trousers. The drape is great and they breath fairly well. Would highly recommend the Prunnelle trousers. I've scooped up all the grey shades with this model.
View attachment 1637665
View attachment 1637707
View attachment 1637666 View attachment 1637667 View attachment 1637668
Love the shirt height and roll. Which collar is this and what are your measurements on the collar such as height / collar style and such? Thank you! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics