• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
legally for not super expensive stuff it's your vat +something for carrier handling charge. I can't recall if handling is percent based or flat fee.. my worst surprise was 25£ charge for 40£ order... while on average for 100-150£ orders from outside eu I paid around 20-30£...
hmm, ok, My order nets up to $430, so might be worth holding off then.. If @luxire are indeed very close..

zurich64

Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere of the expected charges if I place an EU order today?
Website of DHL in your country may have this information.
Generally, it is a fixed charge, 2-3% for paying your duty (can be removed if you pay immediately after getting their SMS), and finally, government taxes and duties. Duties are based on a convoluted coding system on type of fabric (wool, cotton, silk or mix), whether it is a shirt, trousers or a coat, for men or form women etc!!! These are levied based on costs/kilogram. Having a thin packet helps!!

PS: Packages arriving via national post are cheaper as national agreements remove "administrative charges" which can lead to paying 25-30 added cost for even the smallest order.

Also, if shipping is not listed (as in free shipping), DHL will add a fixed amount (25-30 for us) for tax/duty calculation.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
hmm, ok, My order nets up to $430, so might be worth holding off then.. If @luxire are indeed very close..

why? for such big order savings will be negligible... EU luxire will be 20% more expensive (vat paid on point of purchase instead of maybe on delivery...) so all you'll save is handling charge which even if it's 20£ on 430£ is not that much...

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why? for such big order savings will be negligible... EU luxire will be 20% more expensive (vat paid on point of purchase instead of maybe on delivery...) so all you'll save is handling charge which even if it's 20£ on 430£ is not that much...
fair point.

bayerzz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope it's ok to ask a beginner's question. If I'm sending a pair of trousers that fit well to Luxire to copy, should I be confident that the first pair of trousers I purchase from them should be fit exactly the same or at least be a good fit? Or do you advise that I experiment with a cheaper fabric first because it takes a few iterations for Luxire to copy a fit? Thank you!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope it's ok to ask a beginner's question. If I'm sending a pair of trousers that fit well to Luxire to copy, should I be confident that the first pair of trousers I purchase from them should be fit exactly the same or at least be a good fit? Or do you advise that I experiment with a cheaper fabric first because it takes a few iterations for Luxire to copy a fit? Thank you!
if you are sending them for exact replication then it very likely will come out right. At least that was my experience. That being said, I would suggest not ordering a very expensive fabric for the very first pair just in case.

rsg17

Reaction score
Yes, in my experience, the fit will be exactly the same. I had sent a pair of trousers, a shirt and a suit to Luxire, and the fit of the garments that I had ordered from Luxire with reference to the measurements of my existing garments always turned out to be perfect.

bayerzz

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice everyone, much appreciated! I'm looking to buy a mid-grey (potentially dark grey too) woollen flannel around the 13-15oz mark. The only fabric that fits the bill on Luxire's website seems to be the Minnis 14oz. Does anyone else know of any other fabrics? The website isn't the easiest to use.

criedwolf

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice everyone, much appreciated! I'm looking to buy a mid-grey (potentially dark grey too) woollen flannel around the 13-15oz mark. The only fabric that fits the bill on Luxire's website seems to be the Minnis 14oz. Does anyone else know of any other fabrics? The website isn't the easiest to use.
There's also the EThomas 15oz. @luxire How are the Minnis and EThomas flannels different in terms of colour, texture, feel etc.? Could you post pictures of the two fabrics?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There's also the EThomas 15oz. @luxire How are the Minnis and EThomas flannels different in terms of colour, texture, feel etc.? Could you post pictures of the two fabrics?

The EThomas is superior to the Minnis in every aspect. The hint of cashmere makes it a lot more comfortable, drapes better and has that added richness, without compromising the years of service these pants would offer.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Minnis Flannel

Minnis Flannel Grey Twill Pants-.JPG

EThomas Flannel
Ethomas 15oz shadow grey.JPG

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I often read/hear people avoiding cashmere in trousers at all cost. How many years have you worn your EThomas flannel trousers for and how is it holding up?
Have heard that too. We have been selling these for 5 years and still see the initial buyers posting images on their Instagrams.

Lot of misconceptions float around the internet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads