• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Which denim fabric is this? Any plans on adding jeans to RTW? Not many brands offer higher rise jeans for people who like tailoring.

This. RTW is in the plans. Hopefully in 1-2 months.

alfredt

Reaction score
Hi Luxire - any update on the European online store? I need some shirts but don't want to get hit with 60-70% import charges again.

nubirth

Reaction score
I received these today and they are just FANTASTIC! I'm highly impressed with the workmanship by Luxire on these and will be ordering more trousers and shirts in the future. The fit and drape on these are superb being a ready to wear product. Good job Luxire.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Luxire - any update on the European online store? I need some shirts but don't want to get hit with 60-70% import charges again.
We are very close, but have an external dependency. Waiting for that final confirmation.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received these today and they are just FANTASTIC! I'm highly impressed with the workmanship by Luxire on these and will be ordering more trousers and shirts in the future. The fit and drape on these are superb being a ready to wear product. Good job Luxire.

Tha k you very much mate.
Your joy delights us.

Daraven

Reaction score
Cant wait for the European store! I too have some orders planned...

Cidermonk

Reaction score
My last two orders through luxire for trousers were:
1) Vitale Barberis Canonico - Flannels Mid Grey https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vitale-barberis-canonico-flannels-mid-grey-vbc_599_101_4#/
2) Vitale Barberis Canonico - Flannels Grey https://luxire.com/products/vbc-vitale-barberis-canonico-flannels-grey-vbc_599_101_3#/

Both trousers have the same description: 270g/9 Oz, 100% Wool, Flannels , Woven in Italy by Vitale Barberis Canonico.

However, the trousers feel completely different in the hand. The Mid Grey flannels I have worn for a year now and they have a nice weight to them, great texture, and feel cozy and warm. I just received the Grey Flannels and they are esentially paper thin, substantially lighter and flimsier, and lack texture. I attempted to take pictures to show the difference. Does anyone have experience with these trousers? Anyone notice the same thing? I thought the only difference would be the color of the fabric. I just want to make sure I'm not crazy before reaching out to Luxire about my concern.

Attachments

• IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 116

emptym

Reaction score
@Cidermonk, I've had the same thing happen with Minnis 10 oz fresco and W Bill 14 oz herringbone tweed. From both cloths, I have garments made in 3 different colors, and each is noticeably different in softness, give, and, seemingly, weight. Sometimes the dye can make a difference, and sometimes that even happens from two different batches of the same color. The garments I'm talking about were from another maker btw.

VL22

Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere of the expected charges if I place an EU order today?

I think it's quite random. Most of the times I've paid ~ 6-12 euros for a 100-150 euro order, but the last time I had to pay 60 euro for the same order value.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I think it's quite random. Most of the times I've paid ~ 6-12 euros for a 100-150 euro order, but the last time I had to pay 60 euro for the same order value.

legally for not super expensive stuff it's your vat +something for carrier handling charge. I can't recall if handling is percent based or flat fee.. my worst surprise was 25£ charge for 40£ order... while on average for 100-150£ orders from outside eu I paid around 20-30£...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads