• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is that part of your workshop in the back?
Would love to see some more pictures of it.

Yes :)
We moved in here just yesterday.

A lot of it is still being readied. Once complete, will share a virtual walk-through.

chuckb

Reaction score
Yes :)
Unlined sportcoat as pictured.

Oh my, this is very interesting. How would the jacket be constructed? Presumably without fusing or canvassing on the front, and without shoulder pads? I'd love to get one like this from you but I unfortunately don't have a sample to send in. Hmm, maybe come spring or summer other people will have tried it and so you'll have the process down...

MRMan

Reaction score
I believe the discussion around quilted, Boggi-styled jackets ended 10-20 pages back or so. I imagine it would take some time to setup, source materials, etc. Just to be sure, is this still being pursued or has anyone actually placed an order?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When are people normally being charged by Luxire?

We usually charge the customer after we start work on the garment.
I have paid on the website after creating my order. Is there another payment method?

Website is the best option. In case of any problems, we can process your order offline.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are you ever going to have seersucker shirt fabrics?

We do have one on the site currently. A few more are offline and would be added over the next few days. Not a large collection though.

On the lookout.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe the discussion around quilted, Boggi-styled jackets ended 10-20 pages back or so. I imagine it would take some time to setup, source materials, etc. Just to be sure, is this still being pursued or has anyone actually placed an order?

The goose-down arrived couple of weeks ago. A few of the fabrics like ripstop, canvas can now be ordered. Working on some interesting water-proof, breathable fabric options.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for more wool or similar trouser fabrics to be added before ordering, but wanted to add in that if yall source any wool cavalry twill fabrics, I'll surely buy one of each fabric yall put out. It's strangely hard to find cav twill pants

gambit50

Reaction score
Im looking for some fit advice. I've attached images of two shirts, the first (the blue one) is my first Luxire order and the second (the white one) is a Canali shirt I think fits pretty well. I generally like the fit of the Luxire shirt, though I need to have the cuffs downsized a bit. The sleeves are hanging a bit long, but I believe that's due to the over large cuggs. I think the Canali one may fit a little better--it is just a bit more slim fitting. So the question is, when I order my next shirts, whether I should (i) get some tweaks to the Luxire fit, (ii) send the Canali for replication, or (iii) do something else. Please note that I do not intend to wear the Adidas pants with either shirt--I would only wear gray sweat pants with a blue dress shirt.

I was thinking about ordering a couple of shirts from Luxire but this fit gives me great hesitation. It demonstrates the reason one avoids RTW except it is MTM. Perhaps the measurements were taken poorly, sure, but I do not want to order shirts that are completely useless. And I do not have a shirt with me to send in or measure from, thus the whole reason I might order a couple of emergency shirts.I would use body measurements. If anyone has any input(Luxire included, of course), feel free to enlighten me one way or the other.I would be completely upset if I received a shirt that fit this way. I know my measurements will not be so far off.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt will be made based on the measurements you provide. I have 5 shirts and I am still tweaking my measurements a bit, but they have been produced to specifications I requested. They will also keep a file for you of different measurements you like - I have a casual, dress, and dress with french cuff. My guess is that manchambo would admit the fit of his Luxire shirt was due to user error given that he posted the pics asking for advice.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I was thinking  about ordering a couple of shirts from Luxire but this fit gives me great hesitation. It demonstrates the reason one avoids RTW except it is MTM. Perhaps the measurements were taken poorly, sure, but I do not want to order shirts that are completely useless. And I do not have a shirt with me to send in or measure from, thus the whole reason I might order a couple of emergency shirts.I would use body measurements. If anyone has any input(Luxire included, of course), feel free to enlighten me one way or the other.I would be completely upset if I received a shirt that fit this way. I know my measurements will not be so far off. 

The short (and painful) answer to this is there is no way to avoid fit issues. The only true way to get a (as close to) perfectly fitted shirt (as possible) would be to have a tailor make one for you and then have subsequent fittings and adjustments made. This takes into consideration things like sleeve pitch, collar modifications, length adjustments required to remedy shrinkage, etc, etc. However, this process is not the goal (nor should it be) of a MTM shirtmaker. Let alone one that operates on the internet.

I have turned to online shirtmakers to make the majority of my casual shirting (OCBDs and the like). However, I only get good results by taking measurements from my pre-existing bespoke shirts and denoting every fine detail and measurement involved. Sometimes the result has been great, sometimes not so much. However, remember the nature of the beast here; it's on you to get the end-product correct, not the maker. This would be a different story if a IRL tailor were involved.

My simplest advice would be to have multiple measurements taken. Take your own and then have a tailor measure you. If you're lucky, the tailor might even offer up advice on posture or necessary corrections to your current shirt. However, this will likely not happen unless the tailor has made garments for you in the past. From there you can "average out" your two measures and go from there. As with anything, I'd also recommend ordering a test shirt (in a cheaper material and with a more simplistic design (i.e. skip all the bells as whistles so often discussed here). That way you can get a more objective idea of fit and necessary alterations.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a problem with MTM in general. You probably don't know your measurements well enough to get a good result. With RTW, at least you are *usually* getting something that is of a decent style, proportion, etc, even if the fit isn't perfect. I'd definitely avoid MTM of any type, shirts, suits, shoes, anything, until you know yourself and your clothes well enough to justify it.

As long as the MTM outfit is producing the clothes to your measurement, they are doing their job. If you give them bad measurements, that's another problem.

This is doubly a problem with suits, and why I never recommend online MTM to anyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads