1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Do I understand the options correctly and would you agree the look of the following collar would be best achieved with

Option 1(Should the collar be lined and fused?): Lined and fused
    Option 2(Which weight should the interlining have?): Light
    Option 3(How stiff should the fusing be?): Soft

[​IMG]

2. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^Pretty sure that's unfused as I remember it being on Dieworkwear or PTO for a feature on unfused 'soft' collars. Correct me if wrong; also thanks heaps luxire for the options makes it so much easier :) Much obliged :p

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

You are right, it's an articel by PTO, but as I am a non native speaker and the author jumps a bit back and forth with his reasoning I was never 100% sure whether he referred to the one above as a lightly and soft fused or a lightly and soft unfused collar.
    That's the reason I am asking.
    Imo it looks too clean for an unfused one.
    I would love to have my non-BD shirts made with collars exactly like that.

http://putthison.com/post/26835898778/the-beauty-of-a-soft-collar-i-assume-my-friend-the

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  4. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^Ok, wow...
    Just realized something I have been missing when I see those super sexy 'clean' soft collars after reading your post...that collars can be fused and still have that soft collar character to it (always thought had to be unfused to achieve soft collar).
    +1 on your OP as I would also like to know how that clean soft is achieved now.

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

ordered a pair of pants

6. MarcHulsebosch

MarcHulsebosch Member

I just got my first shirt in and it's great. Apart from the fact that the sleeves are too long (which I caused myself by adding too much to the measured length after receiving a MTM-shirt with sleeves that were too short once), the fit is just great. The Warzone White Twill seems like it could really survive a war and the shirt feels really well made. Fit pictures will come once I've had the sleeves adjusted to the proper length.

7. joiji

joiji Senior member

Do we have any alternatives to the lining used in the pants? I found the fabric used in my recent pair a little coarse compared to the fabric of the pants themselves.

8. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Pics please!

9. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^fit pics also would be great.
    EDIT: Wife read my comment and glared at me...just realised how it could be taken out of SF context :p

10. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, we do have a soft satin as well which we are now trying to standardize to.

Pocketing is usually made of a cotton-poly blend for strength. We wanted to keep it to cotton, hence chose a very strong fabric.

We continued with the search and have now found a strong cotton fabric that feels smooth too.

It would change a few times still before we can zero down on something that would outlast the pant, be comfortable and look good.

11. luxire

Here it is:

[​IMG]

12. joiji

joiji Senior member

13. luxire

Yes, you can say "use soft satin lining for pants, including pockets" in the notes.

This satin is really nice. But, depending on the pant ordered, I may use something else that you would like,

14. joiji

joiji Senior member

15. luxire

Button-down is our most popular collar. Spear-point our second most popular. We have brought the 2 together to create probably the best button-down collar.

The slim collar leaf is ideal for the right roll without the bulge at the side.

We shall call it the Point-Down Collar. You can ask for it by name.

The fabric is Olive White Gingham

[​IMG]

16. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Possible to get a picture from the side when unbuttoned and with the top button buttoned to get a feel of the narrowness?

17. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Luxire: What's the turnaround time on shirts now?

Ordered a shirt on the 3. of february and it still says "unfulfilled". Does that mean not made and not shipped or made but not shipped?

I'm just a bit eager to get the first shirt in hand so that I can order some more. :)

18. ardentfrost

ardentfrost New Member

I ordered a shirt 3 weeks ago and have received no update on it. I've sent two queries through the website with no response. I know a custom piece of clothing can take a little time, I'm really just trying to get an expectation. Order #2585

Thanks.

19. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Same here. Must be some sort of a backlog? Luxire?

20. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

My 3rd shirt arrived this morning, about 2 weeks since I placed my order. Seems like Luxire is working on their backlog but it's not too big of a problem to me as long as the shirt is well done.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, would Luxire be willing to make the shirt below? I don't know what it is called (Mandarin shirt!?) If you can't replicate the shirt completely then how about some of the features such as: band collar, knot buttons, the two V seams (I assume it's the placket?) or anything else that set the shirt away from a normal Western shirt.
    [​IMG]