• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

atoms

Reaction score
A good bespoke tailor would start by making you a shirt in muslin cloth, call you for a few trials, which can range from 2 to 10, or more and finally be able to give you a shirt that fits perfectly. The cost of such service is many multiples of our service.

Hence, it is slightly unfair to expect any online MTM maker to get it right the first time, without even looking at you. And getting upset, well!

There are customers, and a lot of them, who have had the best fitting shirts of their lives in 1-2 iterations. Some of our customers have made good use of our "free" bespoke package.

People who have sent us images after the first wear have had much better results in getting the perfect fit. Images help us analyze many aspects, the primary being the slope of the shoulders and the symmetry between the two sides of the body.

Our unconditional free-remake is an unmatched service, which gives you the opportunity to refine the fit of your first shirt.

This described my experience almost exactly. Took two iterations. I sent in carefully made photos each time, explained my particular concerns, and received their concerns. A detailed plan was made for corrections to the next shirt. One of those last corrections for me was to lower the collar line in the back and open up the armholes more. I'm not an expert at clothing and taking measurements, but together we got it done.

I've worn one of my Luxire shirts twice now, and both times it garnered compliments from unexpected co-workers (it's a repost from a few pages back). A girlfriend even went so far as to look at the neck tag to see who made it.

Yes, you do gamble a little time, energy, and money. But Luxire made it easy for me to come out ahead.

manchambo

Reaction score

I was thinking  about ordering a couple of shirts from Luxire but this fit gives me great hesitation. It demonstrates the reason one avoids RTW except it is MTM. Perhaps the measurements were taken poorly, sure, but I do not want to order shirts that are completely useless. And I do not have a shirt with me to send in or measure from, thus the whole reason I might order a couple of emergency shirts.I would use body measurements. If anyone has any input(Luxire included, of course), feel free to enlighten me one way or the other.I would be completely upset if I received a shirt that fit this way. I know my measurements will not be so far off. 

This shirt was ordered with neck and sleeve measurements in standard fit, because standard fit shirts tend to fit me fairly well. It needs some tweaks, but it is not "completely useless." The biggest problem is that the cuffs are substantially too large, which also affects the sleeve length. As it turns out, the Luxire standard for cuffs at the size I ordered (17.75, 36.5) is very large. Mine measure at ten inches, much larger than the cuffs of my 20 or so similarly sized shirts. But that's easy enough to fix, and of course Luxire will take care of it for me for free.

I guess that it would be a problem if I had ordered the shirt as an "emergency shirt." But then again I have no idea how any custom shirt, much less one ordered online, could serve in an emergency.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I need to do slight adjustments to my shirt fit. I'll take some fit pits and send them in. Would collar pitch, and all the very minor, detailed stuff then be fixable?

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not used Luxire, but have had great success with online MTM.

The trick is to take measurements from your best fitting shirt, make slight adjustments, err on the side of too loose/too long rather than the other way around, and you'll be fine. After 2-3 rounds, it should be perfect.

Exactly. You're SOL if the shirt is too small for you. If it's too big, you can leave it or take it to your tailor for some, hopefully, minor alterations.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know I need to do slight adjustments to my shirt fit. I'll take some fit pits and send them in. Would collar pitch, and all the very minor, detailed stuff then be fixable?

Every minute detail can be modified and fixed.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Shirt Jacket in Navy Chambray

Pyjamas in Pink-White Linen Gingham

Last edited:

jimrude

Reaction score
Could you provide the details for collars #1738 and #1746, shown on your website under Recent Shirts?

Would like to order some shirts and really like the look of these collars...

TIA.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could you provide the details for collars #1738 and #1746, shown on your website under Recent Shirts?

Would like to order some shirts and really like the look of these collars...

TIA.

Both the collars have 3.5" points. The 1746 has a 1.5" neck band height. Will need to check for the 1738.
1746 is soft and unfused, 1738 is fused.

These collars can be ordered by their name. You can simply add to the notes: "I would like the #1738 Collar" and we would use that pattern.

steveoly

Reaction score

Just received a new shirt today. :slayer: This is my second order and I have to say it turned out really well. I worked with Theresa to correct some issues with neck drop and shoulder slope from my first try. I tried it on briefly and I think we figured out my "settings". It's hard to tell from the picture but it's the light blue university stripe. The fabric is soft and lightweight. Highly recommended if you like blue and white striped shirts. I went unfused on cuffs and collar and it really has a Barba look and feel.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the university stripe in the oxford weave?
I have a shirt of that fabric in the making as well and am very curious what it really looks like.

steveoly

Reaction score

Is that the university stripe in the oxford weave?
I have a shirt of that fabric in the making as well and am very curious what it really looks like.

It's not an oxford weave, the link I have to the particular fabric is not working but it's pretty much this one with a lesser thread count and it's $69.95.
http://custom.luxire.com/products/light-blue-university-stripes-140-2

A while back you and I were both asking about various white and blue stripe fabrics and Luxire posted this picture. I think the fabric I have is one on the left.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Am really curious which stripes I'll receive in my swatch package and how the oxford university stripe will turn out :)

atoms

Reaction score

Looks lovely and suspiciously like one in my recent order :)

The way the fabric pattern lines up so well at the collar tips, yolk seam, and anywhere else has been great on my other shirts too. I've always been impressed with that. Look at the placket for example.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads